Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I also ride a 50cc dirt bike around the back yard, so there is that...
I still have a Honda 110 three wheeler with no brakes...........at 48yo I don't bounce back up like I used to, I still ride it a couple of times a year though lol.
Sponsored

becksthebaker

Badlands
First Name
Becca
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This post just makes my soul feel good: Broncos, friends, a proper man-den, Mexican food and a damn fine dog. All boxes checked. Thanks for sharing.
Graduated from Strong in 2002. Small world.
My dad grew up in eldorado. I spent most of my childhood weekends up there. My sister moved onto his family land in the middle of nowhere about 12 years back.

OP
OP
Razorbak86

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dad grew up in eldorado. I spent most of my childhood weekends up there. My sister moved onto his family land in the middle of nowhere about 12 years back.
I lived in El Dorado decades ago. Hunted with a friend on some of his family's property on the edge of a swamp north of town, and I killed 3 deer and 1 wild boar on opening day of deer season. Good times! :cool:

becksthebaker

Badlands
First Name
Becca
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We’re going up to Buffalo Point in mid July. I’m looking for a great place to do a little light (solo and we have kids) off-roading/hiking/swimming if anyone has some leads?

OP
OP
Razorbak86

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah but,
do they fit in the back of your Bronco?

Ford Bronco Bronco Day Trips in Northwest Arkansas bike1 (2)

As it is now, after a bit of back yard riding:

Ford Bronco Bronco Day Trips in Northwest Arkansas ttr50

OP
OP
Razorbak86

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah but,
do they fit in the back of your Bronco?

As it is now, after a bit of back yard riding:

You should post that video from your GoPro. 😂

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You should post that video from your GoPro. 😂

You mean the one I made to send to my wife and show her what I was doing instead of cleaning the house like she asked me to? I'll see if I can figure out how to attach it.

OP
OP
Razorbak86

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You mean the one I made to send to my wife and show her what I was doing instead of cleaning the house like she asked me to? I'll see if I can figure out how to attach it.

That’s it! The one from your “Post-Delivery Inspection”. 🤣

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

May 17, 2022 Update

Ford Bronco Bronco Day Trips in Northwest Arkansas IMG_1837.MOV

Our NWA group expanded to 5 Bronco owners, including (from left to right): @Razorbak86 (4D BL), @mikec426 (4D OB), @Ragtop1962 (2D BD), @NWAchad (4D OB), and @kodiakisland (2D BD).

The trails were pretty typical for the Ozark National Forest, with a mixture of mud, rock, logs, felled trees, and shallow water crossings.

We met for lunch at Pizza Den, a wonderful, family-owned restaurant in Mountainburg known for its pizzas, hoagies, and calzones. Then we tackled the Warloop Road trail, which I posted about back in April, with the trail head literally a few hundred yards north of the restaurant…

Warloop Road was a good warm-up for the main highlight of this trip, which was the Alexander Mountain Road trail, which we tackled today for the first time. This is a beautiful trail that descends down to a low point of 691 ft elevation at Hurricane Creek before rising almost 900 ft to 1,581 ft elevation...

We also re-visited the scenic overlook in the White Rock Mountain Recreation Area, where the wide swath of forest visible below us for 30+ miles from the overlook was much greener than during our visit one month earlier.

All in all, it was another fun day filled with food, trails, and comraderie, and we almost doubled the size of our group. :cool:

Thanks for checking out the latest update! :)

Below are some short video clips captured by group members throughout the day.

Very cool. Jealous a bit. We have tons of Broncos around here and I know several of the owners. But we don’t have these cool trails on the coast lol.

Sponsored

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
21 BadSquatch,‘21 ExplorerST , RIP 84 & 90 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Going to have to join yall one of these times. Having too much fun with out me!

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just now stumbled across this thread, if y'all can tolerate a Texan I may have to come crash y'all's party someday. Out of curiosity, what SW Arkansas towns are you guys from? My family about three generations back hails from Bluff City.

@kodiakisland I had no idea you were a handloader as well, man of many talents.

Last edited:

Primm907

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Macan S, Panamera Turbo S, Cayenne GTS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I lived in El Dorado decades ago. Hunted with a friend on some of his family's property on the edge of a swamp north of town, and I killed 3 deer and 1 wild boar on opening day of deer season. Good times! :cool:
Just another reminder of how small a world we live in.
I grew up in El Dorado! Actually went to Parkers Chapel schools.
We got a day off from classes the beginning of deer season every year.
Was driving my Grandpa's 4x4 through mudholes at 12 to get to the deer stand.
Came up to the U of A for college and never went back; except to visit my folks.
Still hoping to join you folks within a year if my dang Bronco ever gets built...

OP
OP
Razorbak86

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

May 31, 2022 Update

I spent the afternoon with @kodiakisland scouting trails for our next NWA trail ride on June 14th.

Unfortunately, my Bronco died about 4 miles deep into a remote, moderately-difficult (3/5), 10 mile long trail with steep elevation changes, tight turns between narrow groups of trees, and deep mud holes. :(

Yes, that is my poor Bronco in the photo below with the hood up, exactly where it died going down a rather steep decline trailing behind @kodiakisland's Bronco.

Ford Bronco Bronco Day Trips in Northwest Arkansas 6416B198-25BF-421E-81AA-8A391C824D8E

The photo flattens out the perspective, but the pitch meter on @kodiakisland's instrument panel display -- what he refers to as his "high score" 😂 -- showed a downhill pitch of 21 degrees.

For background, @kodiakisland had briefly stopped for a photo, so I pulled up behind him with my foot on the brake. When the engine started to lug, I put the transmission in neutral, engaged the electronic parking brake, and then put the vehicle into park, and it immediately died.

Numerous attempts were made to get it to re-start, but the engine appears to be starved for fuel. The tank is 3/4 full after being topped off this morning with half a tank before departure. No signs of water in the fuel tank. Popped the cover off the air filter housing and confirmed that the air supply is not clogged or blocked. The battery is fully charged and alternator is functioning perfectly (i.e., both confirmed by IP meters, 12.4V on battery, 13.3V with alternator charging under load at speed). The starter fires continuously like normal. The crankshaft turns smoothly, and the engine tries to fire, and sometimes does for one stroke, but then dies again. We also disconnected the battery and waiting 20 minutes before retrying, but the results were the same.

My instinctive guess is a fuel pump failure (possibly infant mortality), based on other recent threads posted on the forum, but I haven't had a chance to pull any Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) or study the Technical Service Manual (TSM) for other possible problems. If it's a fuel pump failure, that is going to present a difficult trail-side fix, because the gas tank will have to be dropped to access the pump.

Unfortunately, it's also going to be difficult to tow out for recovery, because of the steep inclines, tight hairpin turns between trees, and deep mud holes along the trail. :(

So the bad news is we pulled my Bronco off to the side of the trail and temporarily abandoned it deep in the woods this afternoon, and it is sitting on the trail side all alone in the dark tonight. 🙁

The good news is I hitched a ride back with @kodiakisland (Never wheel alone!), got some great photos, and saw three deer today! :)

Ford Bronco Bronco Day Trips in Northwest Arkansas 2EF22A35-1E85-4543-9F0B-D52E1C709A63
Ford Bronco Bronco Day Trips in Northwest Arkansas 0023F9C1-F82E-4CFF-B28A-B8E6A6475FC7
Ford Bronco Bronco Day Trips in Northwest Arkansas 824624F8-D959-4943-A197-A47D18BF88C1
Ford Bronco Bronco Day Trips in Northwest Arkansas DB757598-2269-4944-BBA3-F15D16980983
Ford Bronco Bronco Day Trips in Northwest Arkansas 179CA566-46BF-44C1-9A1D-98BE3FC52558
Ford Bronco Bronco Day Trips in Northwest Arkansas 20DAD5A0-F947-4C36-ABBA-32CC8CDE499C
Ford Bronco Bronco Day Trips in Northwest Arkansas CB6103C2-7601-485F-A964-B8D669E4E7CE

Last edited:

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The important picture I was taking that caused @Razorbak86 demise. I hit my high score of 21 three times today!

Ford Bronco Bronco Day Trips in Northwest Arkansas 7DAE36AA-91BE-447D-942B-B43141F878CF
Sponsored