Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This has been an odd several hours. I received a call from my dealership saying that my bronco just arrived and is ready to pick up today.

Problem is, I never received a build date, any production updates, a VIN, nothing whatsoever.

I check every day, especially on Thursdays. I check my reservation on the website every other day and it always just says Dealer Order with the green dot...

So I'm thinking is this some kind of scam? Immediately call Ford CS and chat with a nice gal. Gave her my 4 digit order code and she was then able to get me a VIN and all of the details to confirm it is in fact my bronco and that it's in transit for delivery tomorrow. (arrived a day early I guess)

I've searched but I can't find and have never heard of someone running into this here on the forums. Just absolutely zero heads up or email updates. I have always received the generic Ford messaging about delays, hard top issues, etc. My original reservation email is there. Never had any reason to believe my email communications had an issue.

Very peculiar.

Salesman texted me some images, including the window sticker. Everything seems to line up with the window sticker that I was able to get from shop.ford site after the CS gal helped my get the VIN.

They also tried to hit me with the "market adjustment" markup of $5,000 due to "chip shortages". They agreed to MSRP after I brought up the reservation price guarantee and also that thier salesman had confirmed my MSRP previously via email.

Then he tried to say they can't do financing since I live out of state (relocated to a new state several weeks ago). Something about they can't do it unless it's registered in that state and needs the pink slip...

Sounding like they're just working every angle to get me to turn down the sale so they'll be free to put it out with a huge markup.

Very perplexed by the surprise delivery though. Anyone ever hear about this? Is there a way the dealer could have manipulated those communications or updated my email address for the order so that I wouldn't know?

Pretty frustrated right now.

Anyone ever hear of this?
Sponsored

Scarface

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

balucipher

Big Bend
First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

They put in your email wrong or updated it to one of their emails so you didn't get any of the emails

They're not financing you because they want you to walk. They can sell it tomorrow for $10-20k over and they want that sweet sweet ADM. Hit up a credit union and go pick up your Bronco!

Sponsored

BadBradBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Capital One or USAA (if you have access) offer decent options on financing right now. I was just approved for 1.89% thru USAA.

OP
OP
Gene Dios

Gene Dios

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Capital One or USAA (if you have access) offer decent options on financing right now. I was just approved for 1.89% thru USAA.
Appreciated, no USAA for me though. Probably going with a TD rate for 4.04 /60

OP
OP
Gene Dios

Gene Dios

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They put in your email wrong or updated it to one of their emails so you didn't get any of the emails

They're not financing you because they want you to walk. They can sell it tomorrow for $10-20k over and they want that sweet sweet ADM. Hit up a credit union and go pick up your Bronco!
That's what I was thinking, that's wild...

OP
OP
Gene Dios

Gene Dios

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

GIFT HORSE.
True, true. Just very suspicious. Also I have to purchase via email without seeing it and potentially figure out how to fly out and drive it 2k mile without any warning

Sponsored

balucipher

Big Bend
First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

True, true. Just very suspicious. Also I have to purchase via email without seeing it and potentially figure out how to fly out and drive it 2k mile without any warning
Get your sales person to FaceTime you and do a walk around of the bronco if you're concerned. It's a brand new vehicle so nothing should be wrong on it, but if something's off Ford should make it right. 2k miles you can knock out in a weekend or hop on www.uship.com and start quoting auto transport

The dealer will probably try their hardest to make this difficult for you because they really want to sell it for well above MSRP but you have the right to it first.

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
This has been an odd several hours. I received a call from my dealership saying that my bronco just arrived and is ready to pick up today.

Problem is, I never received a build date, any production updates, a VIN, nothing whatsoever.

I check every day, especially on Thursdays. I check my reservation on the website every other day and it always just says Dealer Order with the green dot...

So I'm thinking is this some kind of scam? Immediately call Ford CS and chat with a nice gal. Gave her my 4 digit order code and she was then able to get me a VIN and all of the details to confirm it is in fact my bronco and that it's in transit for delivery tomorrow. (arrived a day early I guess)

I've searched but I can't find and have never heard of someone running into this here on the forums. Just absolutely zero heads up or email updates. I have always received the generic Ford messaging about delays, hard top issues, etc. My original reservation email is there. Never had any reason to believe my email communications had an issue.

Very peculiar.

Salesman texted me some images, including the window sticker. Everything seems to line up with the window sticker that I was able to get from shop.ford site after the CS gal helped my get the VIN.

They also tried to hit me with the "market adjustment" markup of $5,000 due to "chip shortages". They agreed to MSRP after I brought up the reservation price guarantee and also that thier salesman had confirmed my MSRP previously via email.

Then he tried to say they can't do financing since I live out of state (relocated to a new state several weeks ago). Something about they can't do it unless it's registered in that state and needs the pink slip...

Sounding like they're just working every angle to get me to turn down the sale so they'll be free to put it out with a huge markup.

Very perplexed by the surprise delivery though. Anyone ever hear about this? Is there a way the dealer could have manipulated those communications or updated my email address for the order so that I wouldn't know?

Pretty frustrated right now.

Anyone ever hear of this?
I got same phone call today in NJ- Except I’m happy as Hell my FE is here. Even with no notice

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Appreciated, no USAA for me though. Probably going with a TD rate for 4.04 /60
Whatever you do, go with a cashiers check for the agreed amount in your pocket and do not budge.

OP
OP
Gene Dios

Gene Dios

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got same phone call today in NJ- Except I’m happy as Hell my FE is here. Even with no notice
I'd be in the same boat if I was still 15 minutes away from the dealership instead of 2k miles 🤣

Would have hopped right over there