Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Got my drawer installed and added a rubber mat to the top so my dog doesnā€™t slide around while cornering. Couldnā€™t be happier. It is a great product that really fit my needs and the customer service is superior to any other vendor I have used. If you are on the fence about getting one, I would do it.

B6FCE99B-9A7E-446E-A570-B6AC32EEF762.jpeg

F1BBCA00-DE13-442D-B3BC-A14F64C4AE0A.jpeg

Coldsmoke

Badlands
First Name
Knuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I gave up waiting for it to become reality and bought something else. I am not a fan of manufacturers announcing "a product" so far in advance of the design and manufacturing process. Then they get frustrated when potential customers keep asking "when?".
Think Ford with the Bronco, Pretty much everything from Archetype Racing, Advanced Fiberglass for the hardtop, Diabolical for this thing, etc, etc.

OP
OP
Diabolical Inc

Diabolical Inc

Wildtrak
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shop.diabolicalinc.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I gave up waiting for it to become reality and bought something else. I am not a fan of manufacturers announcing "a product" so far in advance of the design and manufacturing process. Then they get frustrated when potential customers keep asking "when?".
Think Ford with the Bronco, Pretty much everything from Archetype Racing, Advanced Fiberglass for the hardtop, Diabolical for this thing, etc, etc.
The biggest problem manufacturers faced is lack of availability. We were a day 1 order that got ours 2 years later. If you want to pin blame, do it to Ford.

The other aspect is, you want it perfect right? Well manufacturers need to do the R&D. I think we went through 4 different designs until we settled on the final.

If you want cheap China made products, be my guest. If you want quality you have to wait.

That old saying, there are 3 ways you can get a product.

Fast, Cheap and Good.

You can only pick 2 of those!

Sponsored

Coldsmoke

Badlands
First Name
Knuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The biggest problem manufacturers faced is lack of availability. We were a day 1 order that got ours 2 years later. If you want to pin blame, do it to Ford.

The other aspect is, you want it perfect right? Well manufacturers need to do the R&D. I think we went through 4 different designs until we settled on the final.

If you want cheap China made products, be my guest. If you want quality you have to wait.

Fast, Cheap and Good.

Understood and agree.
However, you missed my point: Don't announce a product until its close to reality. If you are in the R&D phase when you announce, then it's an "idea" not a product. That's all I am saying.

OP
OP
Diabolical Inc

Diabolical Inc

Wildtrak
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shop.diabolicalinc.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Understood and agree.
However, you missed my point: Don't announce a product until its close to reality. If you are in the R&D phase when you announce, then it's an "idea" not a product. That's all I am saying.
I donā€™t think we missed the point at all. R&D consists of beta users. They get the product at a discount knowing full well itā€™s not the final version. Thatā€™s part of the R&D process. We sold over 50 Gen 1 slide floors at 20% less then the final version.

Beta marketing is the only way we can complete the R&D.

With the availability issues, it was even tough to find Beta users as well.

Gen 1: Beta- smaller slides, couldnā€™t access storage, drawer top wasnā€™t adjustable (First production run)
Cost: 30K
Time: 40 days to manufacture

Gen 2: disconnect slides for storage. No lateral adjustment. (2nd production run)
Cost: 20K
Time: 30 days to manufacture

Gen 3:HD lifetime warranty slides, cut out for storage, thicker tray, redesigned top for quick removal.
Cost: 80K
Time: 90 days

Total time: 160 days
Total cost: 130K

For something that we make very little profit on and lost more than we have made, I think people would be a little more grateful for a small business, made in America and veteran owned businessā€¦ā€¦

But I digressā€¦..

Some Gamer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Very tempting, the drawer with the top is pretty much exactly what I've been looking for.

Reactions: cbs

Sponsored

jalawson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 Bronco, ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fast, Cheap and Good.

Are there any updates coming to the slipstream to fix the weather strip falling off every other time I open the tailgate, or to fix the fact that soft top owners canā€™t use the folding deck without growing a third arm?

Every time I open the tailgate and that strip falls out or I find myself pulling things out of the back to access the top of them I canā€™t help but think you either didnā€™t have a soft top to develop with or that you donā€™t care about the significant disadvantages to using your enclosure with the soft top when compared to the time and money it would take to fix them.

Your pride In your products being engineered right was what attracted me to your company but as a fellow engineer I donā€™t know how you can settle for how the slipstream interacts with the soft top and call that well engineered.

OP
OP
Diabolical Inc

Diabolical Inc

Wildtrak
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shop.diabolicalinc.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Are there any updates coming to the slipstream to fix the weather strip falling off every other time I open the tailgate, or to fix the fact that soft top owners canā€™t use the folding deck without growing a third arm?

Every time I open the tailgate and that strip falls out or I find myself pulling things out of the back to access the top of them I canā€™t help but think you either didnā€™t have a soft top to develop with or that you donā€™t care about the significant disadvantages to using your enclosure with the soft top when compared to the time and money it would take to fix them.

Your pride In your products being engineered right was what attracted me to your company but as a fellow engineer I donā€™t know how you can settle for how the slipstream interacts with the soft top and call that well engineered.
Not really sure what you mean, our own Bronco is a soft top and we donā€™t have any issues opening or closing it. The easiest fix for the edge seal is to notch the edge seal at the center where the tailgate drain plug is. The biggest problem with engineering is overthinking it.

Please call us directly if you need assistance
Sponsored