Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey now, there are plenty of months without snow on the road in areas outside of Alberta, at least. ;)

This photo is just one of the reasons I laugh at people who think fully autonomous cars are just around the corner. It's really simple to program computers to deal with basic driving, but then you're left with edge cases, and there are a LOT of edge cases when you drive.
CANADA is an edge case. Prove me wrong! ;)
Sponsored

elnorte

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am quite surprised that the Full Size Bronco does not have Lane Centering and only has the useless Lane Keeping, unlike the Bronco Sport. It also lacks the Stop & Go feature useful in traffic.

For information, Lane Centering is the equivalent of the basic Tesla Autopilot. Your car will drive itself on the highway, taking turns without issue and stay in the lane and slow down or accelerate as needed. Consumer reports praises the Ford Lane Centering system as one of the best in the industry, behind Tesla. I recently test drove a Bronco sport and I can confirm the Lane Centering with Intelligent adaptive cruise is game changing for long road trips.

Interestingly the more expensive Bronco full size only has basic adaptive cruise with Lane Keeping. Most people including myself find the Lane Keeping system useless and intrusive, all it does is alert you and send corrections in the steering when being too close to a lane. I always deactivate this feature on my rentals.

A lot of people on this forum do not like automated / advanced safety features and that's fine. But for those of us who like it it's disappointing to see that the much more expensive and newer Full Size Bronco doesn't have the most advanced feature of the little Sport.
Pretty sure when the Bronco goes offroad there won't be any lanes. Honestly, as long as the operator of the vehicle is paying attention to operating the vehicle, you don't need lane centering. That goes for any vehicle.

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There are vehicles where you want as much tech as possible so you can get from one place to another with as little effort as possible and then there are vehicle designed for the experience of driving. Bronco is definitely about the experience of driving, so it doesn’t make sense they’d offer features that detract from that

Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
For some reason it 403'd last time I tried posting in this thread.
I know a lot of people like to hate driver assistance systems but not everybody is driving in ideal conditions, fresh as a daisy.

+The collision radar can detect cars driving at night without headlights, or illegally nightshaded taillights.
+It can detect cars at 5:00AM as you come around a corner with the sun directly in your eyes.
+It can detect cars when you hear sirens and are looking around for the flashing lights.
+It can detect when the Silverado in front of you with crappy aftermarket LED taillights and a topper blocking the 3rd brake light is stopping, well before you notice the gap closing quickly.

+Forward cameras constantly monitor both sides of the road for deer and pedestrians
+Blind spot radar can detect the lowered Miata hovering in your blind spot.
+Rear cameras help immensely with backing out of a parking stall.

+Stability/traction control can modulate the brakes on all 4 wheels independently. You just have the one brake pedal.

You can turn most of these systems off if you want, but when you're just commuting to work there's nothing wrong with a sensor that'll warn you if you had a brain fart and almost accelerated into the car ahead of you, thinking the green turn arrow was for everyone.
Even in non-ideal conditions, I still hate driver assistance systems. I can point to numerous scenarios where drivers rely too much on such systems in non-ideal conditions, find the boundaries of the laws of physics and the tech fails them as they cross over the border...

jaeggernaut

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M Coupe // Volvo P1800S // Caterham CSR 200
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am quite surprised that the Full Size Bronco does not have Lane Centering and only has the useless Lane Keeping, unlike the Bronco Sport. It also lacks the Stop & Go feature useful in traffic.

For information, Lane Centering is the equivalent of the basic Tesla Autopilot. Your car will drive itself on the highway, taking turns without issue and stay in the lane and slow down or accelerate as needed. Consumer reports praises the Ford Lane Centering system as one of the best in the industry, behind Tesla. I recently test drove a Bronco sport and I can confirm the Lane Centering with Intelligent adaptive cruise is game changing for long road trips.

Interestingly the more expensive Bronco full size only has basic adaptive cruise with Lane Keeping. Most people including myself find the Lane Keeping system useless and intrusive, all it does is alert you and send corrections in the steering when being too close to a lane. I always deactivate this feature on my rentals.

A lot of people on this forum do not like automated / advanced safety features and that's fine. But for those of us who like it it's disappointing to see that the much more expensive and newer Full Size Bronco doesn't have the most advanced feature of the little Sport.
i completely agree.
unlike others on this thread, i'll be on the public roads way more than off-road and i loved lane centering on my wife's past MDX. it changed long highway driving for me forever. when we moved 'up' to an expedition,.. i was sad to see it was not included. i also hate lane keep.
when i noticed the bronco sport had lane centering and stop-and-go cruise, i too was surprised the more expensive full-size bronco didn't have it.

this car has been a bit of a tease in many respects for me:
in dealers in spring đź‘Ť .. but not really đź‘Ť
1000's of accessories and more options đź‘Ť .. in 2022 đź‘Ž
manual with the sasquatch đź‘Ť .. but not until 2022. and never with the v6 đź‘Ž
two-tone interior đź‘Ť .. not in the badlands đź‘Ž
adaptive cruise đź‘Ť .. no stop-and-go or lane centering đź‘Ž
first in line at my dealer đź‘Ť .. but i want a black painted roof, so late delivery đź‘Ž

regardless,.. can't wait for the bronco to land.

Last edited:

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Lane-keeping confirmed from new Sync4 video
Ford Bronco Bronco does not have Lane Centering lk
!

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lane-keeping confirmed from new Sync4 video
lk.jpg
!
Crap. :( Now I’m gonna have some stupid Nanny yelling at me and probably make me run into a field of cows where one moos at me when I was just trying to get to Chick-Fil-A.

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Crap. :( Now I’m gonna have some stupid Nanny yelling at me and probably make me run into a field of cows where one moos at me when I was just trying to get to Chick-Fil-A.
Haha, that's what you get for trying to go on a Sunday. In the video, right before that it shows a screen where you can toggle it to alert only or off.

Sponsored

jaeggernaut

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M Coupe // Volvo P1800S // Caterham CSR 200
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lane keep assistance and lane centering are different. Lane keep is useless, imo.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Haha, that's what you get for trying to go on a Sunday. In the video, right before that it shows a screen where you can toggle it to alert only or off.
You can go to Chik-Fila on Sunday. That puts you first in line on Monday morning;)

Skeeterjack

Outer Banks
First Name
RON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018MUSTANG GT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What do you mean by no stop and go feature ? Pretty sure the engine shuts down at a stop unless you use the cancel button.
Sponsored