Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@Broncosaur You will get nothing useful from this forum with any mention of safety features or creature comforts. It is absolutely terrible. Anyone who tries is met with all the responses you have seen (guess I’ll have to drive myself, I’m not getting any of those nannies, pictures of steering wheel or 3 pedals (depending on topic), go buy <insert $100,000 vehicle> instead (despite being an upcoming, if not already, standard feature). These outspoken people haven’t purchased a new vehicle since their F-250 built before this millennium. Yeah...they don’t need these features, but yeah..sure...that white top will look great! Oh... it looks just like the one your dad took you to the lake with when you were growing up...

Boomer bashing aside, I think not including lane centering is a miss at least for top packages. Brand new vehicle and they could have included in a top trim for top dollar. I think Ford wants to start with their top models and bring those features later to the lower ones. F150 and MUSTANG (capitalized for ultimate Boomer rage) Mach E are leading the way with autonomous driving features with their Advanced Driver Assist. That is starting on highways and other hands free zones. It doesn’t fit the Ford plan or the Bronco narrative at this point. Nothing ‘Built Wild’ about lane centering.
Sponsored

Last edited:

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Broncosaur You will get nothing useful from this forum with any mention of safety features or creature comforts. It is absolutely terrible. Anyone who tries is met with all the responses you have seen (guess I’ll have to drive myself, I’m not getting any of those nannies, pictures of steering wheel or 3 pedals (depending on topic), go buy <insert $100,000 vehicle> instead (despite being an upcoming, if not already, standard feature). These outspoken people haven’t purchased a new vehicle since their F-250 built before this millennium. Yeah...they don’t need these features, but yeah..sure...that white top will look great! Oh... it looks just like the one your dad took you to the lake with when you were growing up...

Boomer bashing aside, I think not including lane centering is a miss at least for top packages. Brand new vehicle and they could have included in a top trim for top dollar. I think Ford wants to start with their top models and bring those features later to the lower ones. F150 and MUSTANG (capitalized for ultimate Boomer rage) Mach E are leading the way with autonomous driving features with their Advanced Driver Assist. That is starting on highways and other hands free zones. It doesn’t fit the Ford plan or the Bronco narrative at this point. Nothing ‘Built Wild’ about lane centering.
As it is, I think the Advanced Driver Assist for the Mach-E and F150 are things you can pay for now, but it's not yet enabled (coming pretty soon, I think?), so it's very new tech and probably why it hasn't made it into the Bronco. Honestly, it's something I wish it included as an option, even if I'm not sure how much I'd use it. I'd almost consider a '22 if I knew it would be included, but then you can always wait a year for the next cool feature.

One thing people may not realize is having things like lane departure warning / emergency braking features can make a big difference in insurance cost. I went from a 2010 with a backup camera and blind spot detection to a 2017 with a rear camera, lane departure, emergency brake warning (it won't stop but pre-charges the brakes so if you hit them you get full power immediately), and adaptive cruise, and my rates went DOWN. I was a bit shocked until I figured it out, because going from a cheaper vehicle that is also old to a new vehicles that is more expensive had never led to lower rates. So take advantage and if you don't like the tech, don't use it. I don't use the lane departure, but adaptive cruise is great on long trips.

Pl8to

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As it is, I think the Advanced Driver Assist for the Mach-E and F150 are things you can pay for now, but it's not yet enabled (coming pretty soon, I think?), so it's very new tech and probably why it hasn't made it into the Bronco. Honestly, it's something I wish it included as an option, even if I'm not sure how much I'd use it. I'd almost consider a '22 if I knew it would be included, but then you can always wait a year for the next cool feature.

One thing people may not realize is having things like lane departure warning / emergency braking features can make a big difference in insurance cost. I went from a 2010 with a backup camera and blind spot detection to a 2017 with a rear camera, lane departure, emergency brake warning (it won't stop but pre-charges the brakes so if you hit them you get full power immediately), and adaptive cruise, and my rates went DOWN. I was a bit shocked until I figured it out, because going from a cheaper vehicle that is also old to a new vehicles that is more expensive had never led to lower rates. So take advantage and if you don't like the tech, don't use it. I don't use the lane departure, but adaptive cruise is great on long trips.
Yeah we pay next to nothing for insurance on my wife's Forester because of the cars Eyesight tech. Was not expecting to have the insurance that low.

Pl8to

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

One thing I always think is funny to see is that everyone likes to point out that "I want that tech for other people because they are such bad drivers. I am a great driver of course though." Somehow I only know great drivers I guess.

Another thing to point out is that either people are not worse drivers than before or all of these nannies actually work, because the car accident rates in the US are half of what they were in the 70s.

Why not have a badass off-road vehicle that also makes driving on the road suck less? I 100% get that you don't want that type of tech interfering with the off-road driving, but you can pretty much turn that stuff off in most cars.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I didnt even know Ford had this. So it's doesnt seem like I am losing out. I am however bummed about no stop and go. Overall, it does seem like we're getting short changed on the lux package if the baby Bronco and many other Fords have stop and go and intelligent cruise (lane centering assist). Because 1. We are waiting 12+ months for a BRAND new model that is already behind the curve on tech compared to Ford's existing line up, and 2. This is just another item MY21 (and maybe My22) is lacking, as it will undoubtedly get added in the near future.

Sponsored

MCG DAWG

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am quite surprised that the Full Size Bronco does not have Lane Centering and only has the useless Lane Keeping, unlike the Bronco Sport. It also lacks the Stop & Go feature useful in traffic.

For information, Lane Centering is the equivalent of the basic Tesla Autopilot. Your car will drive itself on the highway, taking turns without issue and stay in the lane and slow down or accelerate as needed. Consumer reports praises the Ford Lane Centering system as one of the best in the industry, behind Tesla. I recently test drove a Bronco sport and I can confirm the Lane Centering with Intelligent adaptive cruise is game changing for long road trips.

Interestingly the more expensive Bronco full size only has basic adaptive cruise with Lane Keeping. Most people including myself find the Lane Keeping system useless and intrusive, all it does is alert you and send corrections in the steering when being too close to a lane. I always deactivate this feature on my rentals.

A lot of people on this forum do not like automated / advanced safety features and that's fine. But for those of us who like it it's disappointing to see that the much more expensive and newer Full Size Bronco doesn't have the most advanced feature of the little Sport.
God Forbid you have to drive your own car. I'm not paying this kind of money not to enjoy the driving experience.

Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Wrangler YJ and 392, BMW 4 series
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I wish it did have it. I don't understand why certain things are behind the curve in this regard. Maybe it's cost? I dunno. I have several wranglers and I always expect them to be behind the curve....they always seem to be 5 or 10 years behind tech. I guess I've come to expect it as a trade off in this type of vehicle (maybe I shouldn't). My 16 (special edition nonetheless) doesn't have a back up camera. My 95 still has rotary odo. My 2004 still has roll up windows (on my full doors).

It happens with other automakers. I just got a 2020 BMW 4 series and it doesn't come standard with adaptive cruise control (that just blew my mind tbh). I tried forever to find one with it, but hardly any do, so I had to settle for one with just regular cruise control. This was the last year they were making the current line and because of Covid it was too late to order one.

Philvis77

Black Diamond
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The only must have safety add-on feature for me is the blind spot monitor. I love that feature. I've never had any other advanced safety features, so I don't know what I'm missing out on to be perfectly honest.

Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Wrangler YJ and 392, BMW 4 series
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The only must have safety add-on feature for me is the blind spot monitor. I love that feature. I've never had any other advanced safety features, so I don't know what I'm missing out on to be perfectly honest.
Some are good, some are annoying tbh. Just my opinion. I hate/love the proximity monitors/alarms in my BMW. When I pull into my garage they start screaming at me which is annoying as all heck. But then, I use the front proximity monitor to know when to stop pulling up into my garage, so I love that part.

My BMW has parking assist. Nope...probably not using that. I didn't start going bald from stress as a 16 year old learning how to parallel park for my driving test for nothing. lol

Friends have a honda with adaptive cc and they hate it. I think hondas are known for having crappy Adaptive. They say it's constantly braking and accelerating to adapt and it makes them feel too out of control.

Economisto

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mistubishi Montero, 2013 Audi S5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is actually my least favorite haha it makes me second guess myself which is more dangerous for me.

Sponsored

scottyb907

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Ford Bronco, RAM 3500,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wasn’t on my list of needs for sure but to each his own....
I think I will miss my electric seats though....

beaglebronco

First Edition
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda pilot
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Thanks, @broncosor for the information. Living in Houston and this being my daily driver, I am not going to face many challenging roads to put the full display of my Bronco to work. However, the luxury and safety features are important, and when the Baby Bronco has a feature, I would assume the Bronco has it too.

Appreciate you pointing out the lack of lane centering, and to those that don't appreciate it remember what your mama taught you - if you don't have something nice to say don't say it at all. Move on to another thread that is more interesting to you and leave this one alone.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know, RIGHT?!? :mad:

I was on the Mach-E forum the other day, and when I casually mentioned missing the wash-out drain plugs available here on the Bronco, I got HAMMERED by a bunch of software-coding nerds from California, calling me a “Darwin-award” candidate, whatever that means! :eek:

/s

Last edited:

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Same as you! My mercedes first vehicle I owned having safety features! I love the blind spot monitoring which I'm losing on bronco build, I think?! The rest of the features I turn off the start/stop and the auto braking. Not for me! Rest mentioned I've never had....lane assistance, parking assistance!

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am quite surprised that the Full Size Bronco does not have Lane Centering and only has the useless Lane Keeping, unlike the Bronco Sport. It also lacks the Stop & Go feature useful in traffic.

For information, Lane Centering is the equivalent of the basic Tesla Autopilot. Your car will drive itself on the highway, taking turns without issue and stay in the lane and slow down or accelerate as needed. Consumer reports praises the Ford Lane Centering system as one of the best in the industry, behind Tesla. I recently test drove a Bronco sport and I can confirm the Lane Centering with Intelligent adaptive cruise is game changing for long road trips.

Interestingly the more expensive Bronco full size only has basic adaptive cruise with Lane Keeping. Most people including myself find the Lane Keeping system useless and intrusive, all it does is alert you and send corrections in the steering when being too close to a lane. I always deactivate this feature on my rentals.

A lot of people on this forum do not like automated / advanced safety features and that's fine. But for those of us who like it it's disappointing to see that the much more expensive and newer Full Size Bronco doesn't have the most advanced feature of the little Sport.
Where I am going with my Bronco, there are no lanes.
Sponsored