Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Someone just make a poll thread at this point:

-(a) I wish I had more tech
-(b) I hate more tech; drive ur damn self.

:LOL:
I'm option (b)...
Sponsored

Broncoak

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 FSB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The MIDSIZED Bronco should be equipped standard with a few degrees of caster on the front spindles. That should be enough to keep you centered in a lane as long as your eyes are open.

For real can a manufacturer please build an exciting capable vehicle of any type. With zero driving aides or unnecessary electronics. Just seats, pedals, wheel, shifter, 2 or 4 (if 4 door) cupholders, and nice mirrors designed for seeing things. AND not charge a premium price for minimalism. Can you imagine what a Bronco could do if it was built like that. Maybe we need a Bronco R but street legal and not 200,000 dollars.
Uh....cupholders? That's a bit minivanish don't you think? Better skip those too. ;)

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Aren’t the rumble strips on the interstate the analog version of lane centering? They seem to work well for that on the stretch of 35 between KC and Des Moines after leaving San Antonio at 2 am and pulling into Des Moines at 4 pm.

Edit: hoping I can cut that time down by an hour with the self draining floors. Won’t have to stop as often to dump out my used coffee! ;)

Last edited:

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Lane centering makes long road trips so much easier. I've driven cross country quite a few times and last summer drove a car with both lane centering and adaptive cruise and you feel so much more rested the whole trip.

I hate when everyone jumps on the whole "I don't need any of those nanny gadgets on my off-road vehicle". You are literally buying a vehicle with hundreds of sensors that helps make your drive easier every second you use it. Good luck getting your Model T across Moab.
Hopefully there will be a video feed hack for the camera so my Bronco thinks it's driving on a nice sunny day with no traffic, so all the nannies can chillax. ;)

Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Wrangler YJ and 392, BMW 4 series
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Aren’t the rumble strips on the interstate the analog version of lane centering? They seem to work well for that on the stretch of 35 between KC and Des Moines after leaving San Antonio at 2 am and pulling into Des Moines at 4 pm
A lot of our roads around here have them on the side. It's so pleasant in my BMW having both the rumble from the strips and the shaking of my wheel from the car warning me of it...don't cut that turn and touch the side of the road!

Sponsored

Broncoak

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 FSB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Being a hardware nerd, my issue with this sort of tech is how it affects the hardware. Lane keeping can be accomplished via individual wheel braking through the ABS-S system. Lane centering requires active steering inputs from a steering system that controls the position of the steering rack. EPS allows for computer controlled steering inputs because the electric motor can move the rack, whereas a hydraulic system can't.

If the design and componentry to make the EPS rack capable of moving on its own is built into all Bronco steering racks and the lane centering function is merely addition of or activation of software code, then the increased hardware cost to have lane centering is spread across all Bronco models regardless of content. Further, if the design elements of a self-steering rack make the rack more susceptible to failures, then self-driving humans, such as myself, are paying for the capability they don't want.

Just insights from a troll ;)
Actually there's a solution that was developed years ago...
Ford Bronco Bronco does not have Lane Centering 1611681861378

Edit: And for those who have no idea what this picture depicts, I encourage you to go buy a box set of the entire Seinfeld collection on DVD (a legacy media format that allows viewing of video without commercial interruption ;) )

Start at season 1/episode 1 and keep going until you find this scene. Then you'll understand the joke. Along the way you'll learn more about life, relationships and the human condition than all the social media platforms combined could ever teach.

Last edited:

Joker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I haven't paid too much attention to these fancy safety features. But I thought the lux package has the more advanced lane keeping system. Is that not the case ?
I am quite surprised that the Full Size Bronco does not have Lane Centering and only has the useless Lane Keeping, unlike the Bronco Sport. It also lacks the Stop & Go feature useful in traffic.

For information, Lane Centering is the equivalent of the basic Tesla Autopilot. Your car will drive itself on the highway, taking turns without issue and stay in the lane and slow down or accelerate as needed. Consumer reports praises the Ford Lane Centering system as one of the best in the industry, behind Tesla. I recently test drove a Bronco sport and I can confirm the Lane Centering with Intelligent adaptive cruise is game changing for long road trips.

Interestingly the more expensive Bronco full size only has basic adaptive cruise with Lane Keeping. Most people including myself find the Lane Keeping system useless and intrusive, all it does is alert you and send corrections in the steering when being too close to a lane. I always deactivate this feature on my rentals.

A lot of people on this forum do not like automated / advanced safety features and that's fine. But for those of us who like it it's disappointing to see that the much more expensive and newer Full Size Bronco doesn't have the most advanced feature of the little Sport.
I am quite surprised that the Full Size Bronco does not have Lane Centering and only has the useless Lane Keeping, unlike the Bronco Sport. It also lacks the Stop & Go feature useful in traffic.

For information, Lane Centering is the equivalent of the basic Tesla Autopilot. Your car will drive itself on the highway, taking turns without issue and stay in the lane and slow down or accelerate as needed. Consumer reports praises the Ford Lane Centering system as one of the best in the industry, behind Tesla. I recently test drove a Bronco sport and I can confirm the Lane Centering with Intelligent adaptive cruise is game changing for long road trips.

Interestingly the more expensive Bronco full size only has basic adaptive cruise with Lane Keeping. Most people including myself find the Lane Keeping system useless and intrusive, all it does is alert you and send corrections in the steering when being too close to a lane. I always deactivate this feature on my rentals.

A lot of people on this forum do not like automated / advanced safety features and that's fine. But for those of us who like it it's disappointing to see that the much more expensive and newer Full Size Bronco doesn't have the most advanced feature of the little Sport.
I'm glad it doesn't, I want to be in control of my vehicle and not the other way around. If you need lane assist or brake assist then you probably shouldn't have a DL or should learn to pay attention when you are driving. We are becoming a society that needs everything done for us and where does it end? It's a Bronco not a Tesla.

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Its almost as if this forum is filled with people with different experiences, perspectives and use cases.

When will everybody realize that yall (along with Plato, Aristotle and Socrates) are morons and my Bronco views are the only correct ones and apply universally across time and space?

Ford Bronco Bronco does not have Lane Centering 1611682904070

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm glad it doesn't, I want to be in control of my vehicle and not the other way around. If you need lane assist or brake assist then you probably shouldn't have a DL or should learn to pay attention when you are driving. We are becoming a society that needs everything done for us and where does it end? It's a Bronco not a Tesla.
Need everything done for me?! Preposterous! Listen, if I want to have my butler drive me around in a Bronco, that's what I'm going to do!

Sponsored

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Always funny reading these threads.

Honestly the adaptive cruise is all I really pine for and simply for road trips, it’s insane how many people don’t know how to use the regular cruise control...

I honestly don’t understand the hate on self driving vehicles, idiots that text and drive are going to do it whether they have a self driving vehicle or not, the difference is, if they have the self driving feature enabled,
it’s less likely to harm others.
I guess you don't like the "experience and freedom" of driving a car?

Just a little read for you ..might give you some info on why people don't like self drivers

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Page one is 100% snark. I only read page one, so my comment might not relate to the other 7 pages.

I can see the point that paying so much for a vehicle theoretically should mean that you get the latest safety features as well.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don't think anyone needs it, but it's nice to have Fords latest and greatest on their latest and greatest vehicle worth 60k

While I'd turn the feature off 99 percent of the time, I'd mess around with it on those long drives to the outer banks

Joker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Page one is 100% snark. I only read page one, so my comment might not relate to the other 7 pages.

I can see the point that paying so much for a vehicle theoretically should mean that you get the latest safety features as well.
The more crap they put on a vehicle the more potential problems and costs associated with it. Remember the good old days when you didn't have to replace an expensive computer and could actually work on a vehicle yourself without a masters degree in computer science.