Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So it does have adaptive cruise, which is good. But I'm disappointed it doesn't have the lane centering/stop and go adaptive cruise, as that definitely makes longer drives easier. I thought Ford's adaptive cruise had moved to stop and go across the board, but obviously not.

Mike Levine confirmed this pretty early on.

Screenshot 2021-01-25 155440.jpg
This is a separate feature not being discussed here - that's self driving. We're talking about Intelligent Adaptive Cruise.
Sponsored

Internally_Combusted

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy C10
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't like all these new electronics either. I'm pretty disappointed that ford included an electronic starter. I have had those fail on me in the past and then I'm left stranded. You know what doesn't fail? These pythons I call arms. I prefer to manually crank start my vehicles. It keeps me really engaged. I also prefer manual brakes and steering. No power assist necessary. If I need to stop or turn I can do it my damn self. I don't need any assists. ABS? Is that for pansies who can't properly modulate their own brakes? Who needs that? You should just learn how to drive. Don't even get me started on power windows and remote key fobs.....

EDIT: I forgot to mention electronic auto sense windshield wipers as well. If its raining I can operate the wipers at the exact speed I want using manual lever. Kids these days are so lazy. Not only do they expect the wipers to move themselves but they want them to know when to engage. So much extra cost and complexity the lot of it. Back in my day you could buy a new car from 2 months at your minimum wage summer job and you either threw it away at 70k miles or died like a man in a 40mph collision.

Last edited:

JohnMcClane

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I guess you don't like the "experience and freedom" of driving a car?

Just a little read for you ..might give you some info on why people don't like self drivers

Where did I say: "I don't like the 'experience and freedom' of driving a car?"

Only thing I said I like is the adaptive cruise control, because if you've driven on an interstate. You'll quickly learn very few people know how to use non-adaptive cruise control. Adaptive cruise control is a component of self driving vehicles, not a product of it.

The article you link to just talked about about how autonomous driving has become an industry. A potentially job eliminating industry like automation.

So it's clear your hatred isn't for self driving platforms, that's just a by-product of capitalism, capitalism creates and destroys industries. Which is a shame, because it appears you live in a capitalistic country.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't like all these new electronics either. I'm pretty disappointed that ford included an electronic starter. I have had those fail on me in the past and then I'm left stranded. You know what doesn't fail? These pythons I call arms. I prefer to manually crank start my vehicles. It keeps me really engaged. I also prefer manual brakes and steering. No power assist necessary. If I need to stop or turn I can do it my damn self. I don't need any assists. ABS? Is that for pansies who can't properly modulate their own brakes? Who needs that? You should just learn how to drive. Don't even get me started on power windows and remote key fobs.....
Tell me about it!

Ford Bronco Bronco does not have Lane Centering 3B279D5B-215B-4DC4-A13B-7AEC820817C8

Pl8to

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Its almost as if this forum is filled with people with different experiences, perspectives and use cases.

When will everybody realize that yall (along with Plato, Aristotle and Socrates) are morons and my Bronco views are the only correct ones and apply universally across time and space?

Ford Bronco Bronco does not have Lane Centering 3B279D5B-215B-4DC4-A13B-7AEC820817C8
Did you just call me a moron? ?

Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I guess you don't like the "experience and freedom" of driving a car?

Just a little read for you ..might give you some info on why people don't like self drivers

I just checked, it's January 26, 2021.

Last edited:

TXNavy

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon XLT 1500 4x4, Jeep Liberty Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

EDIT: I forgot to mention electronic auto sense windshield wipers as well. If its raining I can operate the wipers at the exact speed I want using manual lever. Kids these days are so lazy. Not only do they expect the wipers to move themselves but they want them to know when to engage. So much extra cost and complexity the lot of it. Back in my day you could buy a new car from 2 months at your minimum wage summer job and you either threw it away at 70k miles or died like a man in a 40mph collision.
Is your name Fred and do you come from a modern stone age family?

I can understand the disappointment in the features being offered. As someone that is getting the Lux package on a BL I was kinda expecting the better features. One reason I can see that Ford is forgoing these is due to how the sensors use their known position to the ground and other markers to adjust the driving. When expecting for customers to modify the builds and to have so many different ride heights and lengths even from the factory it might cause incorrect feedback resulting in undesirable outcomes. Now, I am not knowledgeable enough of all the ways the cameras and software works but it was a thought I had to reason why.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Another example of enabled stupidity with these car nannies: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/tesla-driver-napping-alberta-speeding-1.5727828

Here’s a point to ponder: my insurance guy asked if I was getting lane keeping as an option when I bought my 2019 F150. I said no, and he said that that was good and said he had a personal experience that scared the shit out of him.

While driving with his wife and young kids in his SUV that had the lane keeping activated, He was being overtaken on a 2-lane highway by a nutter doing a hairball move with an oncoming semi closing fast. My agent realized that nutter wasn’t going to make it and decided he needed to take the ditch to avoid death. He tried to swerve into the ditch and the SUV would not let him do so. The nutter threaded the needle (fortunately) with an impossibly close call. He’s turned his off every drive since.

IMO, the more nannies and gizmos vehicles get, the worse drivers become. Given that half the people out there are below average, that’s a lot of additional degradation of ability. It scares me a little.
Although, the other way to look at this story is he came out 100% OK, but without Kane keeping, he would have totaled his vehicle and possibly died.

HPNQ420

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '19 GTI, '88 R100GS, HPN BMW G/S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

...and can school you on most all aspects of rebuilding and tuning 70's-90's air-cooled flat-twin BMW motorcycles (and riding them) so I guess maybe I'm a little manly. ...
I built HPN #420 from the frame up and have had the bumblebee since 2001.

If I ever buy another motorcycle it will have ABS, and I wish I could get the BD with ACC but once you go to the BL with Lux it is beyond what I am willing to pay. When I start to think about paying it I just remind myself the BD will have a lot more tech than the '05 Xterra (background) it will be replacing.

2015-12-04 13.31.07.jpg

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
For some reason it 403'd last time I tried posting in this thread.
I know a lot of people like to hate driver assistance systems but not everybody is driving in ideal conditions, fresh as a daisy.

+The collision radar can detect cars driving at night without headlights, or illegally nightshaded taillights.
+It can detect cars at 5:00AM as you come around a corner with the sun directly in your eyes.
+It can detect cars when you hear sirens and are looking around for the flashing lights.
+It can detect when the Silverado in front of you with crappy aftermarket LED taillights and a topper blocking the 3rd brake light is stopping, well before you notice the gap closing quickly.

+Forward cameras constantly monitor both sides of the road for deer and pedestrians
+Blind spot radar can detect the lowered Miata hovering in your blind spot.
+Rear cameras help immensely with backing out of a parking stall.

+Stability/traction control can modulate the brakes on all 4 wheels independently. You just have the one brake pedal.

You can turn most of these systems off if you want, but when you're just commuting to work there's nothing wrong with a sensor that'll warn you if you had a brain fart and almost accelerated into the car ahead of you, thinking the green turn arrow was for everyone.

Last edited:

Sponsored

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I built HPN #420 from the frame up and have had the bumblebee since 2001.

If I ever buy another motorcycle it will have ABS, and I wish I could get the BD with ACC but once you go to the BL with Lux it is beyond what I am willing to pay. When I start to think about paying it I just remind myself the BD will have a lot more tech than the '05 Xterra (background) it will be replacing.

Ford Bronco Bronco does not have Lane Centering canada roads
Those are both fantastic looking rides! Always loved the Bumblebee. I had a '93 GSPD, but I ended up selling it and getting myself a '13 GSA (last non-water cooled), but held onto my /7. The PD was a pretty awesome bike and still fairly simple to work on, but I was starting to outride the suspension (ok, it was probably more of a frame issue), and I had ridden a newer one in the Alps for a week and that sort of spoiled me.

And yeah, prices really add up quick on the Badlands. It starts out OK and then you're looking at near 60k with Lux and leather, especially with the 2.7/auto (if only the manual was an option for the 2.7). The problem for me is I've gotten used to the ACC and other features in my Escape Titanium so I'm not sure I can go back. In the end, all Broncos are going to be awesome regardless of options selected. :)

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Totally useless feature in Canada
Ford Bronco Bronco does not have Lane Centering canada roads
Hey now, there are plenty of months without snow on the road in areas outside of Alberta, at least. ;)

This photo is just one of the reasons I laugh at people who think fully autonomous cars are just around the corner. It's really simple to program computers to deal with basic driving, but then you're left with edge cases, and there are a LOT of edge cases when you drive. I'm sure there will be areas where it works fine, but for "take me absolutely anywhere I need / want to go"... it's a long way away. In any case, I'm rambling. ACC is a nice feature for those who think they'd use it.

Casual Pork

Black Diamond
First Name
Cardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4D Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The more crap they put on a vehicle the more potential problems and costs associated with it. Remember the good old days when you didn't have to replace an expensive computer and could actually work on a vehicle yourself without a masters degree in computer science.
My Aunt refused to get power windows in her new Dodge Dart nearly 50 years ago because
"it was just one more thing that could break"
Sponsored