Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Sasquatch, Bronco Sport, Chev Volt
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So early last week I got an alert, "Charging System service soon". I have a grand total of 300 miles on it. I just got all of the protections on and was starting the break in. I took it to the dealership. They found that there is a sensor that is bad and ordered a new one. They likened it to if you have a fuel gauge that reads empty but it's full of fuel. It won't hurt to drive it until the sensor comes in. I will just have to keep hitting "OK" when the alert pops up.

Fast forward 5 days later and the part is in. I go into the garage and there is no power at all in it. No lights come on, nada. I use a battery charger and do a slow charge. In the evening, it has power but wow, it did NOT like it. I had about 8 alerts go off when I hit the ignition such as "4x4 system needs service", "charging system service soon", "service traction control", "brake service soon", amongst others, the headlights flashed once, and the vehicle would not turn over at all. After I got out, it started shaking too as there was a thumping in the B&O system even though the vehicle was off (obviously power running amok). It soon went away as the power drained out.

I'm typing this as I'm waiting for the flat bed to arrive to bring it to the dealer. I understand things can come from the factory with a lemon part. What pisses me off is that I brought it in last week to avoid this very thing. I would have left it at the dealer had this been an issue or possibility. Instead now I am forced to burn a comp day to get this squared away. šŸ¤¬

**The final solution is on Page 5 if you don't want to see the in between steps and back and forth with others with the same issue.**
Sponsored

Last edited:

zyglyrox

Base
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 BaseSAS / ā€˜21 Bronco Sport BB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah having a completely dead battery will wreck havoc on systems, all those error messages are normal after. Itā€™s like taking the battery out of your alarm clock and then putting it back in.
If you wouldā€™ve let it charge back to regular voltage you probably wouldnā€™t have any issues.

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah having a completely dead battery will wreck havoc on systems, all those error messages are normal after. Itā€™s like taking the battery out of your alarm clock and then putting it back in.
If you wouldā€™ve let it charge back to regular voltage you probably wouldnā€™t have any issues.
These AGM batteries some times get so dead they won't ever take a charge, especially if using an automatic charger - they need to see a min voltage otherwise they assume a shorted cell.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So early last week I got an alert, "Charging System service soon". I have a grand total of 300 miles on it. I just got all of the protections on and was starting the break in. I took it to the dealership. They found that there is a sensor that is bad and ordered a new one. They likened it to if you have a fuel gauge that reads empty but it's full of fuel. It won't hurt to drive it until the sensor comes in. I will just have to keep hitting "OK" when the alert pops up.

Fast forward 5 days later and the part is in. I go into the garage and there is no power at all in it. No lights come on, nada. I use a battery charger and do a slow charge. In the evening, it has power but wow, it did NOT like it. I had about 8 alerts go off when I hit the ignition such as "4x4 system needs service", "charging system service soon", "service traction control", "brake service soon", amongst others, the headlights flashed once, and the vehicle would not turn over at all. After I got out, it started shaking too as there was a thumping in the B&O system even though the vehicle was off (obviously power running amok). It soon went away as the power drained out.

I'm typing this as I'm waiting for the flat bed to arrive to bring it to the dealer. I understand things can come from the factory with a lemon part. What pisses me off is that I brought it in last week to avoid this very thing. I would have left it at the dealer had this been an issue or possibility. Instead now I am forced to burn a comp day to get this squared away. šŸ¤¬
Hey, PawBronco! I would like to like to into this charging system concern you're experiencing with your Bronco. Could you please send over a private message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer?

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hi there, zyglyrox. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this charging system concern regarding your Bronco on my end.

Sponsored

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hey, PawBronco! I would like to like to into this charging system concern you're experiencing with your Bronco. Could you please send over a private message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer?
I do appreciate that Ford reads thru this forum and steps in from time to time to help. Obviously they donā€™t always step in, but nice when they do.

OP
OP
PAWBronco

PAWBronco

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Sasquatch, Bronco Sport, Chev Volt
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

UPDATE

They replaced the sensor they said was faulty. They also checked the battery and for battery drains. They asked to keep it overnight so they could test the levels in the morning which I said was fine. They had a tech drive it about 25 miles and were confident the problem was fixed.

I had a friend give me a ride to the dealership to pick it up. I got no alerts when I started it so that was a good sign. That's usually when the sensor alert first pops up. I got about 4 miles from the dealership when it happened again "Charging System service soon". The same alert as before the whole vehicle died. I took a photo of it and turned around and took it back to the dealership. I showed them the photo. They said they'd have to dig deeper. They had someone give me a ride home. Therefore at the dealership it sits, teasing me.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dam, that sucks man

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Seems like people are having lots of electrical issues or sensor issues with the bronco wtf

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Seems like people are having lots of electrical issues or sensor issues with the bronco wtf
Does make you wonder about the toughness, and long-term reliability doesn't it?

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

UPDATE

They replaced the sensor they said was faulty. They also checked the battery and for battery drains. They asked to keep it overnight so they could test the levels in the morning which I said was fine. They had a tech drive it about 25 miles and were confident the problem was fixed.

I had a friend give me a ride to the dealership to pick it up. I got no alerts when I started it so that was a good sign. That's usually when the sensor alert first pops up. I got about 4 miles from the dealership when it happened again "Charging System service soon". The same alert as before the whole vehicle died. I took a photo of it and turned around and took it back to the dealership. I showed them the photo. They said they'd have to dig deeper. They had someone give me a ride home. Therefore at the dealership it sits, teasing me.
Odd that they drove it for 25 mi and everything was "perfect", And then you barely get out of the parking lot.

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Odd that they drove it for 25 mi and everything was "perfect", And then you barely get out of the parking lot.
not necessarily. If the issue is tied to recharging the battery, it may have needed several starts To draw down the battery enough to trigger the fault.

Blaven

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've had the charging system alert for a few weeks now. I'm hoping mine is just water in the shutter harness/motor. There's a TSB for it. I tested my battery with a multimeter and it read the same as the dash. A solid 14.5-14.7. I finally made an appointment with the dealer but it's not until May 1st. I haven't however had any other symptoms pop up.
Sponsored