Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well, I can safely say that the service department at my dealer was able to suppress the "Charging System Service Soon" error message, but in doing so they reset all the ForScan options I had put in (Double Honk, Seat Belt Minder, Fog Lights). The Goat Mode add (Crawl) oddly did stay. I suppose that all the settings in the BCM Module had to be reset to suppress that error. They did say that they had instructions from Ford to change a bunch of settings. The 'happy result' :( is that the Auto-Start/Stop now works as built. I kind-of liked not having to worry about that while the error message came up at every start. I'm going to try to set a few of my favorite ForScan settings again, hopefully it won't return. So, Ford does have a fix for this, but know that any ForScan changes you might have done will likely be reset. BEEP-BEEP (ugh!)
Sponsored

Doug bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have a 2021 Big Bend 2.3L. When it rains in Florida the battery system failure light comes on. When it dries the lights goes off. I washed my bronco and sprayed the alternator briefly and the light came on instantly. I took it to the local dealer and explained it to the service advisor and they responded “ you can’t get it wet” I said it gets wet in the rain. Can’t believe they said the engine and alternator can’t get wet. While it did have a code about having to replace a wiring harness that is in the front grill, per a tech service bulletin. They have to order the part so have to wait and see.

OP
OP
PAWBronco

PAWBronco

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Sasquatch, Bronco Sport, Chev Volt
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a 2021 Big Bend 2.3L. When it rains in Florida the battery system failure light comes on. When it dries the lights goes off. I washed my bronco and sprayed the alternator briefly and the light came on instantly. I took it to the local dealer and explained it to the service advisor and they responded “ you can’t get it wet” I said it gets wet in the rain. Can’t believe they said the engine and alternator can’t get wet. While it did have a code about having to replace a wiring harness that is in the front grill, per a tech service bulletin. They have to order the part so have to wait and see.
Once they replaced the wiring harness, mine has had zero issues and runs like a champ. I'm glad they are replacing yours. Hopefully it fixes the issue. I have not had the lights come on in the rain and we've had plenty up here in the Pacific NW in the past 2 months.

Doug bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Once they replaced the wiring harness, mine has had zero issues and runs like a champ. I'm glad they are replacing yours. Hopefully it fixes the issue. I have not had the lights come on in the rain and we've had plenty up here in the Pacific NW in the past 2 months.
Yes I am hoping the wiring harness fixes it too. Living in Florida and it rains every afternoon this time of the year. Thanks for your response.

BigBlue7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Black Diamond Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Had this one pop up on me today when I when I was pulling into the parking lot at my son's daycare. I parked and turned the bronco off and went inside to get him.

Came back out 5 minutes later and started the car and drove home with no more error messages. Nothing popping up in my fordpass app either

So weird. I guess I just pretend that nothing ever happened?

Sponsored

Blaven

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I had mine in for this recently. It was corrupted data in the BCM. Not sure if FORSCAN was the culprit or not but I went back in and put all the settings back that I changed before and no issues.

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2014 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My 2022 Badlands Sasquatch did the same thing with about 11,000 miles. Immediately took it to the dealer. The advisor also suspected the alternator. It turned out to be the transmission fluid heater coolant control valve that had a contaminated connector. I attached the TSB concerning this condition. I did go thru about 24 to 28 inches of muddy water about a month before the warning appeared.

IMG_1656.png

IMG_5793.jpeg

BigBlue7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Had this one pop up on me today when I when I was pulling into the parking lot at my son's daycare. I parked and turned the bronco off and went inside to get him.

Came back out 5 minutes later and started the car and drove home with no more error messages. Nothing popping up in my fordpass app either

So weird. I guess I just pretend that nothing ever happened?
Well back in November the dealer replaced my batter and that seemed to fix my issue. But now it is back two months later

So I got this message two months into ownership, had battery replaced, and then the message came back two months into having the new battery

Bringing it back to the dealer tomorrow morning. Am I looking at a wiring or alternator issue?

My voltage readings went crazy right after I got this message

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2014 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had the same issue. They repaired and reseated a connector on the transmission coolant control valve. Didn’t fix the issue. Replaced the Battery and the Battery Monitoring system. Nope. The dealer still had the truck, and while parked the headlights came on. Replaced the headlight switch, and haven’t had the problem since. That was about two months ago. Hope this helps

BigBlue7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well back in November the dealer replaced my batter and that seemed to fix my issue. But now it is back two months later

So I got this message two months into ownership, had battery replaced, and then the message came back two months into having the new battery

Bringing it back to the dealer tomorrow morning. Am I looking at a wiring or alternator issue?

My voltage readings went crazy right after I got this message

They said it was ANOTHER bad battery (dead cell).

That's two bad batteries on a vehicle that is only 4 months old

Let's see if this battery lasts more than 10 weeks

Sponsored

BigBlue7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They said it was ANOTHER bad battery (dead cell).

That's two bad batteries on a vehicle that is only 4 months old

Let's see if this battery lasts more than 10 weeks
Spoiler alert: it didnt

Just dropped it off at the dealership AGAIN and told them if they say it's another dead battery they're out of their fucking minds

Any ideas @Ducati1098!?!? My Dealership seems clueless

Ford Bronco Bronco Down - "Charging System service soon" and other error messages IMG_1093

Ford Bronco Bronco Down - "Charging System service soon" and other error messages IMG_1096

Ford Bronco Bronco Down - "Charging System service soon" and other error messages IMG_1094

Ford Bronco Bronco Down - "Charging System service soon" and other error messages IMG_1098

Ford Bronco Bronco Down - "Charging System service soon" and other error messages IMG_1095

Last edited:

BigBlue7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Spoiler alert: it didnt

Just dropped it off at the dealership AGAIN and told them if they say it's another dead battery they're out of their fucking minds

Ford Bronco Bronco Down - "Charging System service soon" and other error messages IMG_1095

Another Warning that popped up was "Front Camera Disabled"

I don't even have a front camera!

BigBlue7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Here are the alerts I'm receiving in the Fordpass app

IMG_1101.png