Sponsored

Bronco Email 7/30/2021 -- Is this a sick, cruel joke Ford?

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think at this point I’m accepting a 2022 build date. I have already gotten my hopes up and this email seals the deal.

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We have seen @Ford Motor Company on these forums, here and there. But they clearly don't spend any time reading what our overarching concerns are (delays, trucks in production limbo, MICs, the way ahead, etc.) and form their marketing messages appropriately. B6G has a wealth of information they could learn from to help them create meaningful communications, but instead we get links to articles from May and June. I'm not even in marketing, but even I can see the folly in this approach.

Brianstrange

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 EB , 67 Stang, 77 GMC Motorhome, A6 3.0T, W211
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just pooped through my mouth

CTwaterfowler

Outer Banks
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
WOW, thats great news. I was really excited when I saw the email. Another bummer.

on the positive side, I was waiting at a light on the way home from having my Tahoe serviced( gotta keep it running) when I noticed the vehicle on the other side of the road-- 4dr , cyber orange , soft top. first Bronco i have seen on the road, BEAUTIFUL. it turned right so I couldn't see more of it.
But , I was hoping to get news from Ford on if they are going to offer to ship with defective tops under the condition that a replacement will be sent to the dealer at some later time, OR that if you take delivery with a soft top you can recoup the cost of a soft top towards a hard top at a later time.

I would be agreeable to either of these options, as I just want my vehicle so I don't have to put up with another season of towing my duckboat with a blind spot loaded Tahoe- I am through venting and gonna go weed the garden

Sponsored

PecOBX

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Jeep CJ7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Glad to get communication from Ford. Lighten up. I don't see anyone bitching about the 20% off bed bath and beyond coupon email you get every day.
If Ford wants to send me a 20% discount email and coupon for the Bronco - I will take it. 😆😆

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Glad to get communication from Ford. Lighten up. I don't see anyone bitching about the 20% off bed bath and beyond coupon email you get every day.
Wow! You've NAILED the analogy here!

When Bed Bath and Beyond launched their $50Kish priced new product that I had been waiting for years to see become a thing, but showed versions of it that I couldn't buy because they had no intentions of actually making them, and then missed 10+ self-imposed deadlines while providing no real communication leading up to the start of production, then started making them but didn't deliver them -- again without no communication I was really pissed!

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What kind of sick and twisted human sends this out to all of us waiting for updates on build/shipped status??? Sick, I tell ya. Sick. But they can't update statuses. Real 'men' of genius. Sorry, got me started.
I think it was the name personalization that made it such a slap in the face. It wasn't a generic mass mailing, but a personal rub-your-nose-in-it for reveal night buyers who still don't have a clue when their Bronco will be built. Hopefully Ford will provide some real news soon.

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think it was the name personalization that made it such a slap in the face. It wasn't a generic mass mailing, but a personal rub-your-nose-in-it for reveal night buyers who still don't have a clue when their Bronco will be built. Hopefully Ford will provide some real news soon.
I agree with you... Their next email should say:

Dear Unfortunately-All-Too-Necessary-Product-Purchaser

Sponsored

old goat

Big Bend
First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
all of ya'll cancel your orders !!! please !!!!
im still waiting them out settle down folks it a 2021 first world problem
good grief folks , hope ya'll's ass-es don't melt off cause you got a stinking email with no build date .

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Am I the only one that’s a little uncomfortable with this level of transparency? This email is such a candid look behind the wizard’s curtain it left me feeling like I accidentally witnessed Jimmy Dean making pure pork sausage…….or l walked in on my parents having sex. No one needs that much truth, visibility, and granularity.

I was going to buy some blue oval stock but now fear I would be arrested for insider trading if I were to act upon such a revealing communiqué.

Last edited:

zgoods

Badlands
First Name
Zgoods
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs