Advertisement

5.0Maverick

Base
First Name
Todd
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 maverick.
This is honestly the first time that I’ve ever heard somebody has ever admitted they don’t like the sound of a healthy v8.

Advertisement

evoaire

First Edition
First Name
Evoaire
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
maybe a bronco
As much as I appreciate an engine's capabilities, I actually want the opposite: quieter. I have no need to drive something that makes people notice by the sound of my proximity - I'm not an asshat riding a Harley and I'm certainly not needing to compensate for anything physically or emotionally that makes me want to go 'loud'.

Nah, f' that sh*t. I want it quieter. When I go out into the mountains, I want to get out there but I prefer to hear less 'car' and more of the world/environment I'm in.

Y'all with your big sounding motors are living in the past. Engine sound is not a direct correlation to capability - and the modern, small engines are not only producing better power AND torque at a higher rate of efficiency, they're also lighter. Hell - Koenigsegg developed a 2L twin turbo 3-cylinder engine that produces 600HP and 443 lb-ft torque without cams.

The future is smaller, more efficient engines - coupled with electric.

Then, after that, the future is ditching all that electric sh*t and going fuel cell which is even more efficient, better for the environment AND we already have an infrastructure in place to allow for rapid re-fueling.

Honestly it's nigh time some people stop holding on to older values and move forward, otherwise your flotsom of degraded ways will get swept up in the current.
Sure BUD, whatever you say.

E1940802-8266-49FF-8238-6783BED172D2.jpeg

lumberjack357

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
Yes and no - the chance of a Turbo V6 in the bronco is extremely low.

as many have mentioned it’s being built on the ranger platform in the same plant - they want to have as little complexity as possible. The ranger isn’t getting a turbo V6, so the bronco won’t either

source: Former Launch Engineer for Ford
I think you meant "Former Lunch Engineer for Ford."
I'll take a pineapple pizza please.

Nickp

Black Diamond
Staff member
First Name
Nick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRANGLER PROBABLY TOTALED SEARCHING FOR SHITBOX
This is honestly the first time that I’ve ever heard somebody has ever admitted they don’t like the sound of a healthy v8.
I like the sound of a V8 but for me personally I love the sound of a turbo blow off valve even more.

Paint

First Name
Jack
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Vehicle Showcase
I don't care what it sounds like either. Put me in the quiet camp.

My car is supercharged, and has headers and all sorts of other shit...I tried 4 different sets of mufflers before I got it back to stock levels of noise. I don't want the popo to hear me shittin and gettin from 3 miles away.

HoosierDaddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Eric
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Bronco, 1968 Bronco, 2010 Legacy GT 1985 M1028 (Chevy
Vehicle Showcase
I've not posted much but have been enjoying the forum and the pizza for some time.

That being said; Where do these people come from?!

This is a VERY key question, quite possibly one of the top 3 most imporatnt you will ever face in your life time...... What kind of pizza do you enjoy while reading this forum?

HoosierDaddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Eric
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds very much like a Turbo Subie 4. (WRX/LGT/STi/etc)

HoosierDaddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Eric
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Also sounds like a pumped 7.3L Godzilla !!!! Rollin' on a SFA!!! and 37's....with three wipers!!!

HoosierDaddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Eric
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
...pullin out of Domino's where they just picked up a large ham and Pineapple pizza.....with BBQ sauce.

Advertisement

Advertisement