Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As much as I appreciate an engine's capabilities, I actually want the opposite: quieter. I have no need to drive something that makes people notice by the sound of my proximity - I'm not an asshat riding a Harley and I'm certainly not needing to compensate for anything physically or emotionally that makes me want to go 'loud'.

Nah, f' that sh*t. I want it quieter. When I go out into the mountains, I want to get out there but I prefer to hear less 'car' and more of the world/environment I'm in.

Y'all with your big sounding motors are living in the past. Engine sound is not a direct correlation to capability - and the modern, small engines are not only producing better power AND torque at a higher rate of efficiency, they're also lighter. Hell - Koenigsegg developed a 2L twin turbo 3-cylinder engine that produces 600HP and 443 lb-ft torque without cams.

The future is smaller, more efficient engines - coupled with electric.

Then, after that, the future is ditching all that electric sh*t and going fuel cell which is even more efficient, better for the environment AND we already have an infrastructure in place to allow for rapid re-fueling.

Honestly it's nigh time some people stop holding on to older values and move forward, otherwise your flotsom of degraded ways will get swept up in the current.
This whole comment makes me want to go out and enjoy my luxurious v8 engines.

I'm sure you can find another place to spread your sunshine of chastising people who like something different than you. Try Twitter. That's what it's all about.
Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Exactly my thoughts! If anything, the extreme off road trim should just be called Baja. It's synonymous with the bronco name and was the first extreme offroad limited model bronco offered
pe-Baja-Edition-F156-Kissimmee-2018-Mecum-Auctions.jpg
I want this one, please.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Listen to a RS with an exhaust. Sounds like this. My first thought was the 2.7l but after closing my eyes and just listening it sounds like a RS
I thought this was the sound of a big wheel going down the sidewalk.

Sponsored

Pennington

Badlands
First Name
Lorne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anyone seen pics of the back seat of the four door and how the back seat folds? I want to know if this guy is going to fit. He stands about 34" at the shoulder and weighs about 170 lbs. I want the Bronco but this will be the deciding factor.

Ford Bronco Bronco engine sounds featured in new official teaser video! IMG_20200606_111019_01

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone seen pics of the back seat of the four door and how the back seat folds? I want to know if this guy is going to fit. He stands about 34" at the shoulder and weighs about 170 lbs. I want the Bronco but this will be the deciding factor.

Ford Bronco Bronco engine sounds featured in new official teaser video! IMG_20200606_111019_01
Probably going to have to wait until the 13th at the earliest to find that out.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'd ask does he fit in the back of a Jeep 4 door? I can't see the Bronco being smaller then that, hopefully at least a little bigger.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base

No idea but that looks like a very good boi. Hopefully bronco can accommodate:ROFLMAO:

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

What's the deal with all these new folks coming in here making weird statements and mocking people?
Time, while a construct, is moving forward and our values are evolving for the better. Either move with it and change yourself or get buried in the past.
In the 1960's the enlightened one's said "Either move with it and change yourself or get buried in the past"
In the 1970's the enlightened one's said "Either move with it and change yourself or get buried in the past"
In the 1980's the enlightened one's said "Either move with it and change yourself or get buried in the past"
In the 1990's the enlightened one's said "Either move with it and change yourself or get buried in the past"
In the 2000's the enlightened one's said "Either move with it and change yourself or get buried in the past"
In the 2010's the enlightened one's said "Either move with it and change yourself or get buried in the past"
In the 2020's the enlightened one's said "Either move with it and change yourself or get buried in the past"

Today's enlightened one's don't understand history so they are here to enlighten us :rolleyes:

But of course, least we forget, in the 2020's the farting cows are going to do us in.

Sponsored

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base

IMG_20200606_111019_01.jpg
I miss my Dane. He passed in January. He as a BIG boy. 36” at the shoulder 180lbs. Biggest lap dog ever. ODIN

Ford Bronco Bronco engine sounds featured in new official teaser video! 95ADC36A-7301-4E89-A7CC-CE3203D6A9D0

aabsalon

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I read the Road and Track Magazines article on the Ford Bronco exhaust sound and they are saying that it is a 2.3 EcoBoost 4-Banger instead of the 2.7 EcoBoost v6. This is what the article says:

Earlier this week, Ford released a teaser video for the new Ford Bronco, set to be revealed on July 13. The 35-second clip doesn't show the truck itself, but rather, depicts the new Bronco traversing a handful of different terrains from the perspective of the front bumper.

What's most interesting about this video, though, is the sound. We're given clear audio of the Bronco's engine, which rumors suggest will be a variant of the Ford Ranger's 2.3-liter turbocharged inline-four.

What do you think about it?

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/a33011714/2021-ford-bronco-engine-exhaust-sound/

Escape_Artist

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT;
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I read the Road and Track Magazines article on the Ford Bronco exhaust sound and they are saying that it is a 2.3 EcoBoost 4-Banger instead of the 2.7 EcoBoost v6. This is what the article says:

Earlier this week, Ford released a teaser video for the new Ford Bronco, set to be revealed on July 13. The 35-second clip doesn't show the truck itself, but rather, depicts the new Bronco traversing a handful of different terrains from the perspective of the front bumper.

What's most interesting about this video, though, is the sound. We're given clear audio of the Bronco's engine, which rumors suggest will be a variant of the Ford Ranger's 2.3-liter turbocharged inline-four.

What do you think about it?

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/a33011714/2021-ford-bronco-engine-exhaust-sound/
They don’t know anything.

Pennington

Badlands
First Name
Lorne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I miss my Dane. He passed in January. He as a BIG boy. 36” at the shoulder 180lbs. Biggest lap dog ever. ODIN

Ford Bronco Bronco engine sounds featured in new official teaser video! 95ADC36A-7301-4E89-A7CC-CE3203D6A9D0
Sorry to hear about your loss. Odin looks like Angus' buddy Moose. You just get out of the way when they decided to play.
Sponsored