Sponsored

SpursFan

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350r, F150, Expedition, Cayenne and the others.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd tend to say 4 banger over the 6 but it's a toss up. Certainly sounds more like my buddies ranger with aftermarket exhaust then my stock 2.7 F150. Either way there is no doubt the 6 will be available at some trim level.

Less then two weeks and speculation stops!

Broncoguy72

Badlands
First Name
Lane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2017 VW Jetta GLI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think its the 4 cylinder. There are certain points where I thought it was a V6 in this video, so I'm wondering if they showed both off to "confuse" us? But I think the engine in this video was the 2.3 ecoboost with the ford performance exhaust that you can get from the factory. I hope I'm wrong. I hope we can still get the 2.7 but this sounds like the 2.3 to me.

xenolon

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
A few things:
1. This is almost certainly all foley work. None of it was recorded in conjunction with the video and we don't know how much manipulation is being done in post production.
2. We don't know for sure that any of this audio was even recorded from anything close to a production vehicle.
3. #1 and #2 being said, the rev at the beginning (which is the only time we hear it without road noise) sounds like an I4; buzzy.

prendrefeu

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
heavily modified off-road Volvo XC60
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
As much as I appreciate an engine's capabilities, I actually want the opposite: quieter. I have no need to drive something that makes people notice by the sound of my proximity - I'm not an asshat riding a Harley and I'm certainly not needing to compensate for anything physically or emotionally that makes me want to go 'loud'.

Nah, f' that sh*t. I want it quieter. When I go out into the mountains, I want to get out there but I prefer to hear less 'car' and more of the world/environment I'm in.

Y'all with your big sounding motors are living in the past. Engine sound is not a direct correlation to capability - and the modern, small engines are not only producing better power AND torque at a higher rate of efficiency, they're also lighter. Hell - Koenigsegg developed a 2L twin turbo 3-cylinder engine that produces 600HP and 443 lb-ft torque without cams.

The future is smaller, more efficient engines - coupled with electric.

Then, after that, the future is ditching all that electric sh*t and going fuel cell which is even more efficient, better for the environment AND we already have an infrastructure in place to allow for rapid re-fueling.

Honestly it's nigh time some people stop holding on to older values and move forward, otherwise your flotsom of degraded ways will get swept up in the current.

Sponsored

Isaac1994

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Ford literally confirms right here that it’s an EcoBoost. 99% 4cyl
Ford Bronco Bronco engine sounds featured in new official teaser video! 04997BF8-7089-463B-9D9B-276EA1A805BE

mike.s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
that doesnt really tell us anything since the entire line of turbo motors are called ecoboost, although i do think its a 4cyl in the video

Isaac1994

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
that doesnt really tell us anything since the entire line of turbo motors are called ecoboost, although i do think its a 4cyl in the video
Yes and no - the chance of a Turbo V6 in the bronco is extremely low.

as many have mentioned it’s being built on the ranger platform in the same plant - they want to have as little complexity as possible. The ranger isn’t getting a turbo V6, so the bronco won’t either

source: Former Launch Engineer for Ford

Sponsored

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Sounds like a 2.7 with exhaust to me. But more than likely they used sound clips from the Bronco R I bet.

Isaac1994

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Also the “raptor bronco” has a name and has for a while. It’s Warthog.
Enough with this “raptor” shit

2gre8taco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
As much as I appreciate an engine's capabilities, I actually want the opposite: quieter. I have no need to drive something that makes people notice by the sound of my proximity - I'm not an asshat riding a Harley and I'm certainly not needing to compensate for anything physically or emotionally that makes me want to go 'loud'.

Nah, f' that sh*t. I want it quieter. When I go out into the mountains, I want to get out there but I prefer to hear less 'car' and more of the world/environment I'm in.

Y'all with your big sounding motors are living in the past. Engine sound is not a direct correlation to capability - and the modern, small engines are not only producing better power AND torque at a higher rate of efficiency, they're also lighter. Hell - Koenigsegg developed a 2L twin turbo 3-cylinder engine that produces 600HP and 443 lb-ft torque without cams.

The future is smaller, more efficient engines - coupled with electric.

Then, after that, the future is ditching all that electric sh*t and going fuel cell which is even more efficient, better for the environment AND we already have an infrastructure in place to allow for rapid re-fueling.

Honestly it's nigh time some people stop holding on to older values and move forward, otherwise your flotsom of degraded ways will get swept up in the current.

Well that's like your opinion, man.

I'm absolutely positive if this the sound the production car makes it's because it has an active exhaust. They're pretty common with all "performance" trims these days. And with a flip of a switch you can go back to pearl clutching quiet.

"The hum of tire noise and buzz of the Tesla as it flys by get me so excited" - said no person ever.

Engine noise is one part of the triangle of senses that will elicit a response from consumers. Taste and smell aren't going to factor in on your car buying decisions (I hope).

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Also the “raptor bronco” has a name and has for a while. It’s Warthog.
Enough with this “raptor” shit
Not with that attitude it isn't
Sponsored