Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

We have literally known for over a year that Bronco will get a 6 cylinder ecoboost. Carmaker1 confirmed as such.

The internal name is warthog lol. Just like how the internal name for the Sport was “Maverick”. Doesn’t mean anything about what the production name will be.
Exactly my thoughts! If anything, the extreme off road trim should just be called Baja. It's synonymous with the bronco name and was the first extreme offroad limited model bronco offered
pe-Baja-Edition-F156-Kissimmee-2018-Mecum-Auctions.jpg
Sponsored

prendrefeu

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
heavily modified off-road Volvo XC60
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Engine noise is one part of the triangle of senses that will elicit a response from consumers. Taste and smell aren't going to factor in on your car buying decisions (I hope).
Yup, silence. The lack of sound is also important. As I wrote earlier, and maybe you could use a re-read there, the whole notion of "big loud engine" is dying like the coal mining and the under-paid poorly treated miners of black lung.

The notion of fake audio for an exhaust is just playing to the old farts who are stuck in the past and think it's important.

Time, while a construct, is moving forward and our values are evolving for the better. Either move with it and change yourself or get buried in the past.

Last edited by a moderator:

NoBigDeal

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wrong. Bronco is on the next-gen Ranger platform which isn't out yet. Next-gen Ranger and Bronco frame and top hat will fit the nano V6's. That's why the current Ranger doesn't have a V6, the engine bay will not fit a V6 on the assembly line.
That was always my impression too. It wouldn't make a lot of sense to base a brand new vehicle on a platform you will be replacing in a year or so.

Sponsored

Slumpbuster

Badlands
First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Bronco, 1995 Bronco.. 2005 Jeep LJ Rubi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Who else would love to see a diesel option? i know, thats a dream and a whole new thread.

Uncle Gump

First Name
Gump
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford Ranger, 1986 Bronco II
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yes and no - the chance of a Turbo V6 in the bronco is extremely low.

as many have mentioned it’s being built on the ranger platform in the same plant - they want to have as little complexity as possible. The ranger isn’t getting a turbo V6, so the bronco won’t either

source: Former Launch Engineer for Ford

Maybe the key word in this thing never getting a turbo V6 is.... "Former"

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Yup, silence. The lack of sound is also important. As I wrote earlier, and maybe you could use a re-read there, the whole notion of "big loud engine" is dying like the coal mining and the under-paid poorly treated miners of black lung.

The notion of fake audio for an exhaust is just playing to the old farts who are stuck in the past and think it's important.

Time, while a construct, is moving forward and our values are evolving for the better. Either move with it and change yourself or get buried in the past.
Well, when you get your all electric Bronco, you will have most of the noise the gas powered one has, because at speed the noise comes from wind and tires.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Still no crawling up a rocky trail video ...

Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Y'all with your big sounding motors are living in the past. Engine sound is not a direct correlation to capability - and the modern, small engines are not only producing better power AND torque at a higher rate of efficiency, they're also lighter. Hell - Koenigsegg developed a 2L twin turbo 3-cylinder engine that produces 600HP and 443 lb-ft torque without cams.
No one said it was a direct correlation (big word, hopefully me copying from you means I spelled it correctly... whew).

But that doesn't mean we don't want shit to sound cool. Maybe I am over compensating for something, who knows, who cares. But I would like my Bronco to sound like a beast. I put pipes on my little '12 Mustang V6 to make it sound mean. I for one, want that sound. To each his own though. If you like quiet, you like quiet. I'm not going to fault you for that.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

"The hum of tire noise and buzz of the Tesla as it flys by get me so excited" - said no person ever.

Engine noise is one part of the triangle of senses that will elicit a response from consumers. Taste and smell aren't going to factor in on your car buying decisions (I hope).
Shit, not so sure about the kids around here, but some of us older folks can attest to the rush we used to get from our 4bbl carbs when we opened them up!!
I agree, certainly no excitement from a Tesla whistling by.

PNW_Bronco94

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
"Time, while a construct, is moving forward and our values are evolving for the better. Either move with it and change yourself or get buried in the past."

I think I know why this guy keeps mentioning farts:

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Old fart here!! :geek:
I admit, I like it just like I like my women... Loud & Fast! Oh wait, maybe I'm the fast one :unsure:

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

As much as I appreciate an engine's capabilities, I actually want the opposite: quieter. I have no need to drive something that makes people notice by the sound of my proximity - I'm not an asshat riding a Harley and I'm certainly not needing to compensate for anything physically or emotionally that makes me want to go 'loud'.

Nah, f' that sh*t. I want it quieter. When I go out into the mountains, I want to get out there but I prefer to hear less 'car' and more of the world/environment I'm in.

Y'all with your big sounding motors are living in the past. Engine sound is not a direct correlation to capability - and the modern, small engines are not only producing better power AND torque at a higher rate of efficiency, they're also lighter. Hell - Koenigsegg developed a 2L twin turbo 3-cylinder engine that produces 600HP and 443 lb-ft torque without cams.

The future is smaller, more efficient engines - coupled with electric.

Then, after that, the future is ditching all that electric sh*t and going fuel cell which is even more efficient, better for the environment AND we already have an infrastructure in place to allow for rapid re-fueling.

Honestly it's nigh time some people stdryop holding on to older values and move forward, otherwise your flotsom of degraded ways will get swept up in the current.
And what is the price for the Koenigsegg model with that engine again?

What existing nationwide hydrogen fuel cell infrastructure already exists we can use?

Flotsom of degraded ways shows the lack of understanding the history of vehicles as one of highly personalized choices. 50 years from now many of today's vehicles will be the future classics still on the road, still not swept up in the current.
Sponsored