JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
well, guess I didn't miss much. Sounds fine, about as expected. nothing wrong with it. I don't get all the pissing and moaning from some folks....

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If Ford had a smaller pushrod V8 a la LS/LT motor I would definitely expect it in the Bronco.

unfortunately the only V8 they have is basically the size of a big block.
Look at you @Nickp , talking all sexy to us now... tell us more about this big block!

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base

Sponsored

securitysix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'm not an asshat riding a Harley and I'm certainly not needing to compensate for anything physically or emotionally that makes me want to go 'loud'.
Fun fact: The loud ass noise the Harley (and other bikes) makes is actually a safety feature. Motorcycles are much smaller than even the tiniest of compact cars on the road in the US today.

And unlike those compact cars, they don't have airbags or crumple zones to help protect the driver when some jackass runs over them in their brodozer.

You may not see that motorcycle in your blind spot, but when you feel the rumble of that V-Twin in your scrotum, you know he's there. When you hear that annoying rumble and you feel that tickle in your taint, you know to triple check your blind spots before changing lanes.

See? Safety.

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Fun fact: The loud ass noise the Harley (and other bikes) makes is actually a safety feature. Motorcycles are much smaller than even the tiniest of compact cars on the road in the US today.

And unlike those compact cars, they don't have airbags or crumple zones to help protect the driver when some jackass runs over them in their brodozer.

You may not see that motorcycle in your blind spot, but when you feel the rumble of that V-Twin in your scrotum, you know he's there. When you hear that annoying rumble and you feel that tickle in your taint, you know to triple check your blind spots before changing lanes.

See? Safety.
If you're relying on the sound of your motorcycle for your personal safety, you're doing it wrong.

For every 1 motorcycle I've heard approaching from behind me while driving, 9 more I didn't hear until they passed me (and that 1 in 10 is completely independent of the type of motorcycle, and entirely dependent on conditions and coincidences that the rider could not control). I check my mirrors and swivel my head when I'm driving because I'm also a rider. That habit has saved more than a couple riders who thought a car's blind spot would be a good place to hang out. When I'm riding, I assume that I am invisible and silent as far as other drivers are concerned.

THAT'S safety.

(then again, maybe you were being sarcastic?)

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base

See? Safety.
Ford Bronco Bronco engine sounds featured in new official teaser video! CEB4C9D5-4FD6-45A8-853E-4902DAB791BD

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you're relying on the sound of your motorcycle for your personal safety, you're doing it wrong.

For every 1 motorcycle I've heard approaching from behind me while driving, 9 more I didn't hear until they passed me (and that 1 in 10 is completely independent of the type of motorcycle, and entirely dependent on conditions and coincidences that the rider could not control). I check my mirrors and swivel my head when I'm driving because I'm also a rider. That habit has saved more than a couple riders who thought a car's blind spot would be a good place to hang out. When I'm riding, I assume that I am invisible and silent as far as other drivers are concerned.

THAT'S safety.

same. you can't hear most crotch rockets until they pass, kinda like an A10, very quiet until they go by you. I am a rider as well and when I am in my big trucks I make sure to keep my distance so that they do not end up in one of my blind spots, and also so that I do not accidentally smoke them out with the diesel.

securitysix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

THAT'S safety.

Not being sarcastic. The sound of your bike shouldn't be the only safety feature, but don't discount it as a possible safety feature.

There have been times when I'd be driving along, and notice the rumble of a cruiser that I didn't notice come up on me in my mirrors, and that rumble was the only reason I knew he was there. Or I'd hear the high pitched, angry weed whacker noise of a rice rocket, but I didn't see the source ride up, so that was the only way I knew it was there. Point being, sometimes you can hear a motorcycle that you can't see.

The only true safety feature a motorcycle rider has is the squishy bit inside their skull.

I triple check my blindspots anyway. I've never ridden, my dad did for a long time (got his motorcycle license at 14, stopped riding when I was a kid), and I picked up my driving habits from him, and he's a bit of a paranoid driver thanks to several close calls on a motorcycle and at least one wreck that turned him into a lawn dart when he was 14 or 15.

Sponsored

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As a motorcycle rider myself, it's up to the rider to stay out of the blind spot.

And like @frinesi2 said ....."When I'm riding, I assume that I am invisible and silent as far as other drivers are concerned. " I make this same presumption.

Here's my 2011 Kawasaki Comcour14.
Ford Bronco Bronco engine sounds featured in new official teaser video! 1388414910186

Wolfsburg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ford F-150, 1968 Ford Mustang California Special, 1969 Ford Mustang coupe, 1963 Volkswagen Beetle
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yikes. Well, it seems it will be better seen than heard!

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I still donā€™t like how much Ford seems to be focused on high speed off-roading. They have the Raptors for that. Short wheel base really isnā€™t a speed thing. Can we get an articulation video some day?

I second the motion ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ come on guys where is the ROCK RASH !!!!!!!:ROFLMAO:

AceGoliath

Outer Banks
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco OBX SAS , 22 Maverick XLT, 10 Fusion SE
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Anyone see that Ford announced 3 new ā€œPerformanceā€ Packages for the Ranger. The second one adds 45hp and 60lb-ft torque to make 315 hp and 370 lb-ft. Of course through Ford vs tuning on your own so covered under warranty. Maybe this hints at a possibility of higher stock numbers for the Bronco.

The third one adds a performance exhaust. Maybe in tune with what we are hearing here?

https://www.autoblog.com/2020/06/30/ford-ranger-performance-packages/?ncid=edlinkusauto00000016

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Anyone see that Ford announced 3 new ā€œPerformanceā€ Packages for the Ranger. The second one adds 45hp and 60lb-ft torque to make 315 hp and 370 lb-ft. Of course through Ford vs tuning on your own so covered under warranty. Maybe this hints at a possibility of higher stock numbers for the Bronco.

The third one adds a performance exhaust. Maybe in tune with what we are hearing here?

https://www.autoblog.com/2020/06/30/ford-ranger-performance-packages/?ncid=edlinkusauto00000016
Yes, there is an entire thread on it.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...cessories-parts-catalog-for-2021-bronco.1540/
Sponsored