First Name
Lorne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd ask does he fit in the back of a Jeep 4 door? I can't see the Bronco being smaller then that, hopefully at least a little bigger.
I think the back seat in the Jeep would be too tight.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I think the back seat in the Jeep would be too tight.
Sorry, didn't mean back seat. Meant the space behind the seat. It's what? something like 3 feet give or take? And put the back seat down gain another 18" or so. Obviously pulling these numbers out of thin air, but something close to that.

Pennington

Badlands
First Name
Lorne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry, didn't mean back seat. Meant the space behind the seat. It's what? something like 3 feet give or take? And put the back seat down gain another 18" or so. Obviously pulling these numbers out of thin air, but something close to that.
The problem with most vehicles is the seats fold down. The space from the seat to the roof is not enough for him to stand up straight. I think the only thing that will work is if the seats fold up like the Ranger. However there would need to be more space than in the Ranger.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
The problem with most vehicles is the seats fold down. The space from the seat to the roof is not enough for him to stand up straight. I think the only thing that will work is if the seats fold up like the Ranger. However there would need to be more space than in the Ranger.
that’s why my boy loved my caliber because it had a sun WROOF. ;)

Sponsored

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As much as I appreciate an engine's capabilities, I actually want the opposite: quieter. I have no need to drive something that makes people notice by the sound of my proximity - I'm not an asshat riding a Harley and I'm certainly not needing to compensate for anything physically or emotionally that makes me want to go 'loud'.

Nah, f' that sh*t. I want it quieter. When I go out into the mountains, I want to get out there but I prefer to hear less 'car' and more of the world/environment I'm in.

Y'all with your big sounding motors are living in the past. Engine sound is not a direct correlation to capability - and the modern, small engines are not only producing better power AND torque at a higher rate of efficiency, they're also lighter. Hell - Koenigsegg developed a 2L twin turbo 3-cylinder engine that produces 600HP and 443 lb-ft torque without cams.

The future is smaller, more efficient engines - coupled with electric.

Then, after that, the future is ditching all that electric sh*t and going fuel cell which is even more efficient, better for the environment AND we already have an infrastructure in place to allow for rapid re-fueling.

Honestly it's nigh time some people stop holding on to older values and move forward, otherwise your flotsom of degraded ways will get swept up in the current.
/s
FIFY

phillyfx4

Outer Banks
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F 150 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Has anyone seen pics of the back seat of the four door and how the back seat folds? I want to know if this guy is going to fit. He stands about 34" at the shoulder and weighs about 170 lbs. I want the Bronco but this will be the deciding factor.

IMG_20200606_111019_01.jpg
a 4 door ? .....C'monnnnnnnn .....he'll be fine ?

BONESTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning, Mach 1, Falcon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Sounds like sad.

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yup, silence. The lack of sound is also important. As I wrote earlier, and maybe you could use a re-read there, the whole notion of "big loud engine" is dying like the coal mining and the under-paid poorly treated miners of black lung.

The notion of fake audio for an exhaust is just playing to the old farts who are stuck in the past and think it's important.

Time, while a construct, is moving forward and our values are evolving for the better. Either move with it and change yourself or get buried in the past.
fake audio for an exhaust is bullcrap. complete waste of time and doesn't even sound real

luvtofish

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 King Ranch F150 Supercrew.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

have no need to drive something that makes people notice by the sound of my proximity - I'm not an asshat riding a Harley and I'm certainly not needing to compensate for anything physically or emotionally that makes me want to go 'loud

I’m pretty sure these so called “Asshat Harley riders“could care one whit what you think about them, many of which are avid bronco fans In this forum (myself included).

Sponsored

Pennington

Badlands
First Name
Lorne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
a 4 door ? .....C'monnnnnnnn .....he'll be fine ?
I hope so. I currently have a 2009 Escape. I have kept it because Ford currently doesn't make anything that will hold him other than a F150 Super Crew but don't need anything that big for my daily driver. I guess maybe a Transit but I don't want that for a daily driver either. The Escape only works because I can fold the bottom of the back seat forward and up and just leave the back of the seat up. If I fold the back of the seat down it doesn't work because he is too tall.

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Shit, not so sure about the kids around here, but some of us older folks can attest to the rush we used to get from our 4bbl carbs when we opened them up!!
I agree, certainly no excitement from a Tesla whistling by.
you can add me (a kid) to your list...
Ford Bronco Bronco engine sounds featured in new official teaser video! merca
it might not have a 4 bbl carb, but still.

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also sounds like a pumped 7.3L Godzilla !!!! Rollin' on a SFA!!! and 37's....with three wipers!!!
well... even if it wasn't, you can now buy a godzilla crate engine from ford...
Sponsored