Sponsored

Bronco Essentials for a Novice. PLEASE advise!

OP
OP
Leilani

Leilani

Big Bend
First Name
Leilani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mini cooper/ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I can shed some light on a few of the items you asked - I have some write-up's and pictures on my build journal: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/604bronco’s-build-journal.27755/ - You can find my input on questions #1, 2, 3, & 6.

I really like my Ford/Tuffy security drawer. Although it takes up some room, it is very sturdy and great for locking some important stuff if I need to (it mostly holds my recovery gear though). Here's a separate write-up specifically for that security drawer: Heres my in-depth review of that security drawer - https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/review-pics-2021-bronco-cargo-area-security-drawer.19580/

If you have any further questions though, let me know.

Thank you, 604Bronco

Your build looks AMAZEBALLS :love:

I will carefully comb through the list and will likely have f/u questions if you don't mind.

I'm looking forward to reading your review as well. I live in an urban (SF Bay) area and don't have a garage so whatever I purchase will need to be in my truck FT. My other convertible has been broken into innumerable times. Fortunately, the thieves were never smart enough to find the seat release to my trunk.
Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks very much - Feel free to post your questions in my build journal or send me a DM - Happy to help!

Gorpolak

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2011 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Happy Friday, Team Bronco!

I do have a few more questions for my 2023 BB 4 door if/when you have a hot minute to chime in:

1)I have a soft top and travel for work and play so I need to lock my belongings when possible.

This was on a build list:
https://tuffyproducts.com/products/...sjVD1dcDjJYTfvbXpqEaAuElEALw_wcB&sku=755-CUST

Do you recommend it or have other suggestions to offer?

2) What did you do for mud flaps? I understand these are essential for snow/ice and my trips to Tahoe. Likely no off rodeos in my near future.

3) My BB is carpeted and am seeking rubber floor mats to put on top for mud, water, snow etc, Any recommendations?

4). Running boards/ stirrups, considering the latter but I'm OCD about keeping the exterior/interior detailed:

https://www.gorhino.com/i-30506675-dominator-xtreme-d1-side-steps-with-mounting-bracket-kit.html

https://archetyperacing.com/products/ar-magnum-stirrup?variant=43964237545685

5). I've read some awesome threads about sound systems/speakers but I'm no electrical engineer. Considering the sound bar (ford website) or something similar but concerned my soft top may leave it vulnerable to theft. Wondering what your suggestions are?

6). Anything else you can't live without/ recommend that I have not included on this list is welcomed!

I'm flying solo here so any and ALL counsel is greatly appreciated 🙏

I can offer some insight on the products that I have.

For mudflaps, I went with Rockblokz simply for the fact they are removable. I got the XL long ones and they help protect the body and keep snow/dirt off of it really well. It's noticeable on the rear fender as now it does not build up enough to interfere with the rear door opening. they do not look out of place on my sasquatch Badlands.

I use the IAG floor mats and rear seat back protector. I think they are built nicely and do a great job of keeping the dirt, water and snow in the mat. The back protectors are great with the dogs. I still have no clue why they went with carpet when everything else is vinyl.

If you had the ford rock rails you could go the route of the single IAG steps or the longer one. They are so much cheaper than Archetype Racing and I am impressed it IAG stuff.

Last edited:

Blucifer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac SRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

XK Glo rear tire halo light for the bronco is awesome! I love mine and would consider extra visibility at night vital.

OP
OP
Leilani

Leilani

Big Bend
First Name
Leilani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mini cooper/ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

II can offer some insight on the products that I have.

For mudflaps, I went with Rockblokz simply for the fact they are removable. I got the XL long ones and they help protect the body and keep snow/dirt off of it really well. It's noticeable on the rear fender as now it does not build up enough to interfere with the rear door opening. they do not look out of place on my sasquatch Badlands.

I use the IAG floor mats and rear seat back protector. I think they are built nicely and do a great job of keeping the dirt, water and snow in the mat. The back protectors are great with the dogs. I still have no clue why they went with carpet when everything else is vinyl.

If you had the ford rock rails you could go the route of the single IAG steps or the longer one. they are so much cheaper than Archetype Racing and I am impressed it IAG stuff.
Great suggestions,
Someone else recommended the RB mudflaps.
I will check out the IAG mats as well.

Thank you so much for sharing!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Leilani

Leilani

Big Bend
First Name
Leilani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mini cooper/ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

XK Glo rear tire halo light for the bronco is awesome! I love mine and would consider extra visibility at night vital.
Spare tire light!

Didn't realize that was an option. I was going to get a spare tire cover but for the same price point this seems to like a much funner/functional option.

Thank you for sharing!

Bugkillah

Base
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Nissan 370Z Nismo, Nissan Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Base
Rubber bronco duck for the dashboard. It’s all the rage.

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Happy Friday, Team Bronco!

I do have a few more questions for my 2023 BB 4 door if/when you have a hot minute to chime in:

1)I have a soft top and travel for work and play so I need to lock my belongings when possible.

This was on a build list:
https://tuffyproducts.com/products/...sjVD1dcDjJYTfvbXpqEaAuElEALw_wcB&sku=755-CUST

Do you recommend it or have other suggestions to offer?
I have that, and if I could do it all again, I wouldn't.
I'd instead go with Diabolical's security enclosure. Yes, it's quite expensive, but it's made and shipped with care, and is far more versatile than the Tuffy.

Brnzbronc

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
All I can say is hope your wallets deep because you’ll want to buy everything for it lol

OP
OP
Leilani

Leilani

Big Bend
First Name
Leilani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mini cooper/ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have that, and if I could do it all again, I wouldn't.
I'd instead go with Diabolical's security enclosure. Yes, it's quite expensive, but it's made and shipped with care, and is far more versatile than the Tuffy.
[/QUOTE)

Thank you for your input, you are the second person to recommend the diabolical:

https://shop.diabolicalinc.com/products/bronco-slipstream-security-enclosure

May I ask what you mean by far more versatile than the tuffy and why you prefer it??
What ever I buy will be staying in my truck full-time. I don't mind paying $1.5K to protect my belongings (that are worth far more) over the life-time of my bronco .

Sponsored

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

May I ask what you mean by far more versatile than the tuffy and why you prefer it??
What ever I buy will be staying in my truck full-time. I don't mind paying $1.5K to protect my belongings (that are worth far more) over the life-time of my bronco .
Want to carry tall cargo? You merely fold the lid back on the Diabolical, or quickly remove it. On the Tuffy, that's a more involved process.

It's especially clear when it comes to wanting to carry long cargo. Diabolical's design lets you do so relatively easily. On the Tuffy, if you want to carry anything that stretches into the second row of seats, you are literally forced to remove most, if not all, of the enclosure walls. After you've secured that transverse panel once, tending to those side bolts is not going to be something you relish doing repeatedly. I'm planning on taking mine out to work on a project, and I'm NOT looking forward to it.

Further, Tuffy's walls don't hug the actual cargo wall panels tightly or securely...so if there's any sort of variance in manufacturing - like there is on mine - the panels will rattle, especially if you've removed the top lid for a day.

Maybe the Tuffy will suit you fine - I suppose it overall 'works' for me - but boy am I disappointed in it. I'd rather be happy long-term with a $1400 purchase than regularly cursing at a $600 product.

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Man, I just cannot imagine living someplace where I had to install all that stuff to keep other stuff from getting stolen. I know, crime is on the rise in a lot of places these days. I just couldn’t live in fear like that.

Anyway - back on topic - regarding flaps - the Mabett flaps are inexpensive, simple to install and do as good a job as those costing double. Since you’re not off-roading it, why worry about removable flaps?

OP
OP
Leilani

Leilani

Big Bend
First Name
Leilani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mini cooper/ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Want to carry tall cargo? You merely fold the lid back on the Diabolical, or quickly remove it. On the Tuffy, that's a more involved process.

It's especially clear when it comes to wanting to carry long cargo. Diabolical's design lets you do so relatively easily. On the Tuffy, if you want to carry anything that stretches into the second row of seats, you are literally forced to remove most, if not all, of the enclosure walls. After you've secured that transverse panel once, tending to those side bolts is not going to be something you relish doing repeatedly. I'm planning on taking mine out to work on a project, and I'm NOT looking forward to it.

Further, Tuffy's walls don't hug the actual cargo wall panels tightly or securely...so if there's any sort of variance in manufacturing - like there is on mine - the panels will rattle, especially if you've removed the top lid for a day.

Maybe the Tuffy will suit you fine - I suppose it overall 'works' for me - but boy am I disappointed in it. I'd rather be happy long-term with a $1400 purchase than regularly cursing at a $600 product.

This is BEYOND helpful, EMC

I am sold on the diabolical. Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I need security with versatility and ZERO rattling 🙏
Sponsored