Sponsored

Bronco Essentials for a Novice. PLEASE advise!

OP
OP
Leilani

Leilani

Big Bend
First Name
Leilani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mini cooper/ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Man, I just cannot imagine living someplace where I had to install all that stuff to keep other stuff from getting stolen. I know, crime is on the rise in a lot of places these days. I just couldn’t live in fear like that.

Anyway - back on topic - regarding flaps - the Mabett flaps are inexpensive, simple to install and do as good a job as those costing double. Since you’re not off-roading it, why worry about removable flaps?

I hear you, Figmo

I was born/raised in Bozeman, attended U of M and the plan was always to move back to MT. Alas, the population base is simply not enough in my home state to be gainfully employed so I remain grateful I can fulfill my highest calling here in the Bay Area. Albeit in the midst of unparalleled cost of living and crime.

I will check out the flaps though, as you point out, it is unclear if I need them with running boards.

Take care!
Sponsored

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Man, I just cannot imagine living someplace where I had to install all that stuff to keep other stuff from getting stolen. I know, crime is on the rise in a lot of places these days. I just couldn’t live in fear like that.

Anyway - back on topic - regarding flaps - the Mabett flaps are inexpensive, simple to install and do as good a job as those costing double. Since you’re not off-roading it, why worry about removable flaps?
I live in one of those border states that are all the rage in the news, but I don't lose sleep at night. Locks and boxes keep honest people honest, but if someone really wants your sh*t they're going to get it. The less damage they do to the vehicle in the process the better. If they pry open a $400 "security enclosure" that's worth more than my stuff, then I'm out an extra $400.

I take my recovery gear, tools, etc with me when I'm wheeling, and leave it at home the rest of the time. No biggie.

OP
OP
Leilani

Leilani

Big Bend
First Name
Leilani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mini cooper/ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The Beaz

First Edition
First Name
Shad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I hear you, Figmo

I was born/raised in Bozeman, attended U of M and the plan was always to move back to MT. Alas, the population base is simply not enough in my home state to be gainfully employed so I remain grateful I can fulfill my highest calling here in the Bay Area. Albeit in the midst of unparalleled cost of living and crime.

I will check out the flaps though, as you point out, it is unclear if I need them with running boards.

Take care!
Ha! Just swap MT for ID and you have my story too! I was only planning on being in the Bay Area for 1-2 years......23 years ago!

I added some generic autozone flaps to help keep some of the mud and rocks at bay, they've held up well for over a year, with plenty of trips and off-roading. I will get these though...

https://www.iagperformance.com/iag-i-line-2pc-rock-rail-side-mini-mud-flap-2021-ford-bronco/

Simple and inexpensive, easy to remove when needed.

Sponsored

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would strongly recommend going to an OFF-ROADEO (which you discounted) first, before you spend a lot of money on accessories that might not meet your needs. You may change your mind on a lot of the items you have asked about after you understand what the Bronco is capable of, and what you’re going to use it for.

Of course if you’re only going to the mall, everything you mentioned is essential.

OP
OP
Leilani

Leilani

Big Bend
First Name
Leilani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mini cooper/ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I would strongly recommend going to an OFF-ROADEO (which you discounted) first, before you spend a lot of money on accessories that might not meet your needs. You may change your mind on a lot of the items you have asked about after you understand what the Bronco is capable of, and what you’re going to use it for.

Of course if you’re only going to the mall, everything you mentioned is essential.

Great idea (and much funner than the mall, though I would drive my other convertible there ;))!
It would be fun to attend an off-rodeo for sure and great to meet other owners/bounce ideas off of. I bought the bronco to navigate all of the atmospheric rivers we continue to be flooded with in CA and snow in Tahoe. I do love having 4x4, previously owned a wrangler. Where can I find an off rodeo near SF Bay Area?

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great idea (and much funner than the mall, though I would drive my other convertible there ;))!
It would be fun to attend an off-rodeo for sure and great to meet other owners/bounce ideas off of. I bought the bronco to navigate all of the atmospheric rivers we continue to be flooded with in CA and snow in Tahoe. I do love having 4x4, previously owned a wrangler. Where can I find an off rodeo near SF Bay Area?
Nevada is the closest one. Make sure you qualify and then go.

OmahaKevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

https://broncooffroadeo.com/

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Be sure to check out the forscan threads...some nice features can be turned on and some not-so-nice annoying ones turned off. Almost free to do yourself, or I'm sure there's someone helpful in your area that could do changes 4u.

Sponsored

The Beaz

First Edition
First Name
Shad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Be sure to check out the forscan threads...some nice features can be turned on and some not-so-nice annoying ones turned off. Almost free to do yourself, or I'm sure there's someone helpful in your area that could do changes 4u.
Yes! For sure! I forgot how annoying all the warnings are, until I spent a bit of time in a stock bronco that had not had brain surgery. Painful!!

OP
OP
Leilani

Leilani

Big Bend
First Name
Leilani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mini cooper/ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I appreciate this feedback but unsure what forscan is/means? my searches did not populate much info on it
Sponsored