Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

• "the wake up" - I guarantee you in a few years, all the greenies that pushed heavily for EVs will "suddenly" realize how bad the strip mining to get battery materials is for the environment, and will want to change things again.
As someone who lives in a state with a ton of copper mines, I do think people may be underestimating this aspect.

When a copper company tries to open a new mine, it turns into a multi-year legal battle. And sometimes the result is the mine cannot happen.

While I can't say for sure if ramping up mining operations will make people change their minds about EVs, I do see the opposition to mining resulting in some commodity shortages.
Sponsored

Oneand0

Badlands
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My only vehicle, as I wait for my 4d BL, is a Ford Explorer with almost 170k miles. Starting next month I go back to the office and that means 20k miles a year for work alone. I decided to test drive Tesla knowing paying for energy will be $566 a year for those 20k miles Vs $4100 in gas in a Bronco. The power of that electric car had a smile on my face you couldn’t wipe off all day. If you have never tried it, you should. So I’m picking up my new Tesla soon and selling my Explorer immediately after. I’m still crazy excited for my weekend BL to be built in July and can’t wait. But the moment they build EV for Bronco I’m jumping ship there too!