M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Ha, I just posted this too. I check to see if anyone else had, but your thread hadn't shown up yet.

Sponsored
OP
OP
ATX_Bronco

ATX_Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Sasquatch, Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ha, I just posted this too. I check to see if anyone else had, but your thread hadn't shown up yet.
Great minds think alike. I see we also have the same taste in current vehicles.

guerro

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I take Farley's tweet not so much as an indication that an EV Bronco is coming ("How do you know we don't already have one developed?") but more as him providing the reason why they don't have one currently ("Do you understand all the roadblocks to having a viable EV offroader?").

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would be remiss if I didn't mention Dave's (used2jeep) theory that he proposed last fall when Farley was tweet trolling that an Everglades edition would look good in green. Of course, everyone took it literal with a color on a trim. But Dave suggested that with the first 2 letters of an EVerglades Edition, it would suggest an EV. An EV would look good in green (not the color, but "green for the environment")

Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I plan to keep my Bronco for a long time (once it actually shows up) but a well thought out hybrid might make me upgrade down the road. My day to day driving is just around town, would be neat to never have to fill up gas unless we're going somewhere.

Fully electric would also be neat, but probably quite expensive and while you can bring extra gas with you on a trail, extra batteries aren't an option. A small onboard generator might be an option? Not sure about that.

But I'm sure both versions will be showing up within the next couple of years.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
The drivetrain of the Bronco and a potential EV version does not seem compatible, you don’t just hook a motor up in place of an engine/trans, no sense in sending power through two axles as that causes losses in efficiency that are vital when building such a vehicle.
To that end you end up with independent suspension all around, and lifts no longer work from the regular Bronco. The aftermarket support of the regular Bronco likely will not translate to the EV version since aftermarket does not do well supporting niche products, I know well unfortunately.

Just because they are researching and developing such a vehicle doesn’t mean we will see it in this generation Bronco. I might add that the payload is already frightfully small so there’s no room for even 100lbs of battery on the upcoming Bronco unless dramatic suspension changes are made, see my previous point.

With that said if Ford releases an EV Bronco with portal axles my jaw will hit the floor. I’m also hopeful they will blow my mind with some never before seen setup.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Very exciting! Also hilarious. Author states people leaving or not buying Bronco based on the power train. No dude....they can't get a top on it.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It's bound to happen, but what hideous form it takes is still anyone's guess.
Lol, whatever that means. Why wouldn't it look largely the same as the regular models?

We need it to be a hybrid not an EV!
I'd imagine both are in the works.
Sponsored