Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Fuck me - I somehow won't make this @Rick Astley and @damarble.
Got assigned a project this morning due by EOD and thought I'd be done by now :confused: was really looking forward to meetin ya guys.
Kudos to you marble for trekking out all the way from Spokane tho - jesus mate.
EOD means end of day.... It's 2:30, you have 9.5 hours to work starting right....... MEOW!

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Rick Astley can you porivide your thoughts on the Forest Service Green and Area 51 paints when you get some time?
TIA.
Pulling no punches since you asked for it!

Full disclosure: I have not been very into Area 51 since it's release on that horrific Sport many months back. Then I REALLY liked it on the Overland pics! But it would not make my top 5 preferred colors for my personal Bronco build. As always, YYMV

Filson: Total 1-off non-production paint jobs. Frankly I didn't invest much time on the Filson Fire Bronco. The color presents in person about exactly as they show on a monitor (not sure how a cell phone with blue light filter would do). Very bright, and pretty cool! It would be in the running for me if they offered Forest Service Green!

Area 51: As you probably guessed, IT WAS RAINING IN SEATTLE!!!!! Typical overcast day with a misting sprinkle as it rained heavier in the morning. Paint color did not "shift" much, if at all. That must be behavior reserved for sunny days?
  • Visual Depth: Not much of any. That is not the "style" or purpose of this type of paint. Almost pastel in it being a vibrant color on its own, but no visual depth.
  • Gloss: Clear coat provided. Surfaces had more shine than I anticipated. Toyota cement gray or that horrific green toyota offer(ed?) that was absolutely flat color and the clear basically confused your eyes to think it was a gloss paint job but the color was so tragically featureless and dull was what came to mind. However, instead of looking like an 18 year old hepped up on a dozen Monster energy drinks and liberal arts aspirations came up with the classless paints (see toyota colors referenced above), this had juuuuuuuuuust enough paint character to pair with the clear and provide an interesting color.
  • Amazon delivery vehicle? Not quite. Not far off either! Better clear coats used on Bronco for sure though.
  • Girlfriends impression: It's a nice color, very modern.
  • 20 minutes later while having lunch we see four cars parked across the street, gray-green metallic, some Subaru with a similar color, gunmetal metallic with a dark blue hue, gunmetal gray. Impression was that Area 51 will ABSOLUTELY fit in on modern streets. This is a ultra modern color (ie: in 10 years this will be the "you bought that car in the early 2020's right?" color. Unique today, common tomorrow.
  • Paint quality on the pre-production rig: Quite good, as expected from the manufacturing might of Ford, they have automated painting down with their current materials and equipment.
  • Again, not my preferred hue, however it is pleasing to the eye. If you don't have any vehicles in your area in this genre then you will be very stylish and unique! Here in Seattle this color is as unique as a rain jacket.

I feel these colors make a very accurate representation of the color as seen in person.
Ford Bronco Bronco Event in Seattle Tomorrow (10/23) -- Filson Firecrew Rig at the Filson Store 20201023_115354

See the play of the hue around the right headlight surround here. Almost "flat" and dull on the far right, glossy and more dynamic on the hood and along the creases.
Ford Bronco Bronco Event in Seattle Tomorrow (10/23) -- Filson Firecrew Rig at the Filson Store 20201023_115949

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Here some of mine. Really neat to see them. Glad I did. Felt the MGV and it felt sturdy but comfortable. Everything else looked really nice. Nice fit and fair and good looking paint. Anyways, enjoy!

Ford Bronco Bronco Event in Seattle Tomorrow (10/23) -- Filson Firecrew Rig at the Filson Store E6DD7E73-2727-4DE5-94D9-0EFA61D8AABF

Ford Bronco Bronco Event in Seattle Tomorrow (10/23) -- Filson Firecrew Rig at the Filson Store 3B9F3C35-3DBB-475D-A6DE-BEC3F469AFE0

Ford Bronco Bronco Event in Seattle Tomorrow (10/23) -- Filson Firecrew Rig at the Filson Store 7B1BF490-7ABE-44C6-B54A-45B034ABC7CD

Ford Bronco Bronco Event in Seattle Tomorrow (10/23) -- Filson Firecrew Rig at the Filson Store 498FFB9F-B27A-4C90-9E7A-608DA6D4C6EF

Ford Bronco Bronco Event in Seattle Tomorrow (10/23) -- Filson Firecrew Rig at the Filson Store 82B7C92E-DCCA-422C-B4C7-B0DDCB49113F

Ford Bronco Bronco Event in Seattle Tomorrow (10/23) -- Filson Firecrew Rig at the Filson Store CEE94200-1D07-4288-8B95-8405A600B20E

Ford Bronco Bronco Event in Seattle Tomorrow (10/23) -- Filson Firecrew Rig at the Filson Store 6483DE70-D044-46B3-8EBB-4B941FA94C5D

Ford Bronco Bronco Event in Seattle Tomorrow (10/23) -- Filson Firecrew Rig at the Filson Store E22AE797-B830-46BA-B89D-855AFCBD1B61

Ford Bronco Bronco Event in Seattle Tomorrow (10/23) -- Filson Firecrew Rig at the Filson Store 7D360B4F-9BB6-4E50-90C8-89E8C7C15272

Sponsored

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Rick Astley @damarble @icavedin and everyone else in the Seattle area: would have been fun to meet you all, but had some calls bookending my bronco time. Meetups in the future.
the guy in your avatar looks like he got half thanosed... i am in a weird mood if you couldn't tell...

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Full disclosure: I have not been very into Area 51 since it's release on that horrific Sport many months back. Then I REALLY liked it on the Overland pics! But it would not make my top 5 preferred colors for my personal Bronco build. As always, YYMV

Filson: Total 1-off non-production paint jobs. Frankly I didn't invest much time on the Filson Fire Bronco. The color presents in person about exactly as they show on a monitor (not sure how a cell phone with blue light filter would do). Very bright, and pretty cool! It would be in the running for me if they offered Forest Service Green!

Area 51: As you probably guessed, IT WAS RAINING IN SEATTLE!!!!! Typical overcast day with a misting sprinkle as it rained heavier in the morning. Paint color did not "shift" much, if at all. That must be behavior reserved for sunny days?
  • Visual Depth: Not much of any. That is not the "style" or purpose of this type of paint. Almost pastel in it being a vibrant color on its own, but no visual depth.
  • Gloss: Clear coat provided. Surfaces had more shine than I anticipated. Toyota cement gray or that horrific green toyota offer(ed?) that was absolutely flat color and the clear basically confused your eyes to think it was a gloss paint job but the color was so tragically featureless and dull was what came to mind. However, instead of looking like an 18 year old hepped up on a dozen Monster energy drinks and liberal arts aspirations came up with the classless paints (see toyota colors referenced above), this had juuuuuuuuuust enough paint character to pair with the clear and provide an interesting color.
  • Amazon delivery vehicle? Not quite. Not far off either! Better clear coats used on Bronco for sure though.
  • Girlfriends impression: It's a nice color, very modern.
  • 20 minutes later while having lunch we see four cars parked across the street, gray-green metallic, some Subaru with a similar color, gunmetal metallic with a dark blue hue, gunmetal gray. Impression was that Area 51 will ABSOLUTELY fit in on modern streets. This is a ultra modern color (ie: in 10 years this will be the "you bought that car in the early 2020's right?" color. Unique today, common tomorrow.
  • Paint quality on the pre-production rig: Quite good, as expected from the manufacturing might of Ford, they have automated painting down with their current materials and equipment.
  • Again, not my preferred hue, however it is pleasing to the eye. If you don't have any vehicles in your area in this genre then you will be very stylish and unique! Here in Seattle this color is as unique as a rain jacket.

I feel these colors make a very accurate representation of the color as seen in person.
Ford Bronco Bronco Event in Seattle Tomorrow (10/23) -- Filson Firecrew Rig at the Filson Store 7D360B4F-9BB6-4E50-90C8-89E8C7C15272

See the play of the hue around the right headlight surround here. Almost "flat" and dull on the far right, glossy and more dynamic on the hood and along the creases.
Thanks for the in depth review of A51.

Maybe it’s just me, but I love the way you describe the paint colors, it “paints” a clear mental image.

They should have you do the color reveal. It would rock.

Unfortunately, your description of A51 reinforces my thoughts and I can safely eliminate this color.

NeoS281

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for sharing your perspective, Rick! Also, it was nice to meet you.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Thanks for sharing your perspective, Rick! Also, it was nice to meet you.
Good to meet you too, Neo, looked like you came prepared with the high quality camera!

What were your overall impressions of the two vehicles now that you saw them in the flesh?

MNbronco

Wildtrak
First Name
RC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Tremor, 2021 Bronco sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

thoughts on MIC top now that you have seen in person?
Sponsored