Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Q&A

So here are some questions asked by Laura of Bronco Nation and answered by Esteban, the Bronco brand manager, off camera at the Chicago Auto Show.
  • Everglades DOES have signature headlights/led taillights
  • Fenders are NOT the same -- exclusive to the trim. Flares won't be compatible either, of course.
  • Order holders that are unscheduled can get this Make sure you 99 your order. If you have a reservation, convert to an order and 99 it ASAP.
  • Aux switches are standard.
  • Graphics can NOT be optioned out of.
  • Looking at the same delivery timing as Bronco Raptor -- summer 2022.

Intro / Unveiling Video

Walkaround Videos

Sponsored

Last edited:

broncoSJ

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like those fender flares better than the stock Bronco flares. Looks like different fenders though. Probably not compatible for a flare swap.

TenSeven

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Way to go, FORD! Releasing TWO new Bronco variants in the span of a couple of months? Awesome work!

Now, how about that Badlands I ordered one year ago today? I have not heard one single word from you, any chance of that regular model actually being built? Anything?

Staying super pumped to hear about the Heritage model! /s

Sponsored

Coldsmoke

Badlands
First Name
Knuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2.3L only? No thanks.
Those of you who keep bashing the 2.3L know not of which you speak. I have a Badlands with the 2.3 and its a pretty kick ass powerplant. It also hasn’t had any issues with blown engines or dropped valves. Think about it, it’s still only a roughly 40 HP difference between it and the V6, and a comparable difference in torque. But it’s not like the 2.3L is a slouch; it’s a pretty sweet and reliable engine. Just saying…..

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I actually like it a lot. Way more than I expected to like it. I fully expected it to be some $65,000+ First Edition-ish trim with all the bells and whistles and then some. But instead we got a reasonably priced and somewhat practical Bronco that would make a great starting point for an overlanding build.

The only downside for me is the lack of the manual transmission. I really like Everglades, but not sure if I'm willing to give up the manual transmission to get it.

mrdibbles

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands - SAS w/ LUX Package
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What I understand is this version only allows for +3 inches in water fording capability though. Is that a lot? My M151A2 military Jeep, from 1979, with its accessory snorkel kit allowed it to literally "swim" to the depth of the top of the snorkel. So for that feature, on this trim package, I'm not overly impressed. I admit... I never "swam" mine, but there are impressive online videos.

Snappy22

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Pilot, 2022 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Bummer no optioning out of the graphic. Yesterdays info make it seem like there was hope. Now you’ll always be tagged “Florida-man” wherever you go.

Sponsored

Squatchn'

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BaseSquatch, 2021 Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
They should have went all out with the Florida theme in the graphics. Instead of having "Sasquatch" written next to the beast, they should have put "Skunk-Ape". True Florida Everglades legend right there.

Destroyer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Chevy SWB NBS, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So a badlands with an awful winch setup, different front fenders/flares, different wheels, a snorkel, and no option for the 2.7L? Yeah I'll pass

alfiefmc

Badlands
First Name
Alfie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Badlands - 23 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Those of you who keep bashing the 2.3L know not of which you speak. I have a Badlands with the 2.3 and its a pretty kick ass powerplant. It also hasn’t had any issues with blown engines or dropped valves. Think about it, it’s still only a roughly 40 HP difference between it and the V6, and a comparable difference in torque. But it’s not like the 2.3L is a slouch; it’s a pretty sweet and reliable engine. Just saying…..
I'm running 37's on my 2.3 and it's no slug.