Sponsored

Bronco Experience At Castaic Lake, California!

BroncoRespect

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I had such an incredible time driving a Bronco for the first time and my first off -road experience at Castaic Lake, CA! I couldn’t believe the incredible view and great off-road course as I drove the 2 Door Outer Banks 2.7. My guide, Regine, was so cool, friendly and very knowledgeable. We laughed
CD4DB224-F9E3-4193-BE63-30D1153D7F54.jpeg

so hard as I traveled over the dirt mounds thinking I would tip over and yelling OMG!!! The Bronco is one capable car. I had no idea how much fun off-roading is. I was just looking forward to driving around Los Angeles and Vegas, styling in my Wildtrak and traveling across country to Michigan, my hometown. I’m changed forever! Thank you Ford Motor Company!
Sponsored

mdk100

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, Cayenne, BMW X3e, 2 door BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sounds great! I’m going next weekend. Just finished Off Rodeo, so it won’t compare, but still looking forward to it.

What models did they have available? How long did you get to drive?

OP
OP
BroncoRespect

BroncoRespect

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sounds great! I’m going next weekend. Just finished Off Rodeo, so it won’t compare, but still looking forward to it.

I was really only paying most attention to the 2 Door Wildtrak, but I know they had mostly 4 doors including a Big Bend version and Base Model.

3EC70FD3-810C-4C8F-B022-B87D78B92C64.jpeg

OP
OP
BroncoRespect

BroncoRespect

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Oh and I know they had a Black Diamond 2 door and I drove I think for about 45 minutes. I took my time and was the last to return.

Sponsored

Moparguy

Outer Banks
First Name
Mansour
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 MX5 GT - 2010 MX5 T
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am going next month to the one in Dulzura, it's 20 minutes away from my house, didn't feel like driving far, I am expecting a call to pickup my car any minute now, so I will have it with me.

OP
OP
BroncoRespect

BroncoRespect

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am going next month to the one in Dulzura, it's 20 minutes away from my house, didn't feel like driving far, I am expecting a call to pickup my car any minute now, so I will have it with me.
Yeah, that’s pretty similar to how far the Castaic Lake Bronco Off-Road was for me. Enjoy your drive and stay safe!

Sponsored

Bronco Fresh

Badlands
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Genesis G80 Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just did the event on Saturday, and dayum was worth the hour+ drive each way! The registration staff was very cool and did their part to put you in a Bronco closest to what you have on res/order, and the drive guides were a complete blast. After I ran in a BD and talked to my guide about the Bronc capabilities, he asked the lead guide (Scott) to take us out for some extra time in a BL manny on their o-course. WOW!

A couple of personal takeaways

1. Drove the 2.3 10spd and manny... the guides kept saying, "you wouldn't miss the V6," and you know what, they were right. There is plenty of power on-road and more than enough to handle moderate trails and light crawls.
2. The Bronco, even in non-sas, is a tall vehicle. Even at 6', I couldn't just hop in (maybe I need a running start first).
3. For anyone debating getting the 12" screen, do it. You won't regret it, and the functionality over the standard display is miles apart.

All in all, I'm glad I made the trip out because it gave me a shot in the arm (and more patience) while I wait for my order to go into production (yeah 2022..23..24?!)

I will post a video as soon as I can figure out why "insert video doesn't do the job. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
OP
OP
BroncoRespect

BroncoRespect

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just did the event on Saturday, and dayum was worth the hour+ drive each way! The registration staff was very cool and did their part to put you in a Bronco closest to what you have on res/order, and the drive guides were a complete blast. After I ran in a BD and talked to my guide about the Bronc capabilities, he asked the lead guide (Scott) to take us out for some extra time in a BL manny on their o-course. WOW!

A couple of personal takeaways

1. Drove the 2.3 10spd and manny... the guides kept saying, "you wouldn't miss the V6," and you know what, they were right. There is plenty of power on-road and more than enough to handle moderate trails and light crawls.
2. The Bronco, even in non-sas, is a tall vehicle. Even at 6', I couldn't just hop in (maybe I need a running start first).
3. For anyone debating getting the 12" screen, do it. You won't regret it, and the functionality over the standard display is miles apart.

All in all, I'm glad I made the trip out because it gave me a shot in the arm (and more patience) while I wait for my order to go into production (yeah 2022..23..24?!)

I will post a video as soon as I can figure out why "insert video doesn't do the job. 🤷‍♂️
That was a great review! I went with a 2.7 because every car I’ve had in the past has been a 4 cylinder and it was stuck in my head to upgrade. I did go for the 12 inch screen which looked incredible in person!
Sponsored