Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Updated post:

According to information from Super Celebration East, these donut doors will not be available. But tube doors will be available.

I have no direct information only what was conveyed by those that attended the event in TN. It was said that the donut doors had been nixed due to crash test data. But somehow, the Mad Max tube doors are still available even though I would think they would perform worse.
According to a Ford rep at Super Cel East, they did not pass crash testing and will not be available.

Tube doors apparently passed crash testing.

Original post:

Are the donut doors IN or OUT?

I want to get the base model, and swap out the doors for the donut doors (~70% of the time), which is my "Cheap, but Cool" ordering strategy.

Looks like they are still IN based on this picture... but heard that they may be OUT.

If they are IN, how much will they cost? They have to be color matched, so I am not expecting them to be a trivial cost, but still cheaper than upgrading trim level.

Please clarify.

Ford Bronco Bronco Factory Donut Doors Nixed, But Tube Doors Still Available Screen Shot 2020-10-16 at 9.14.59 AM
Sponsored

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
IIRC the donuts are out -- you'll have to wait for aftermarket.

The Bronco in that picture is the same as Doug's video -- no real powertrain, interior is a plastic mockup.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have no direct information only what was conveyed by those that attended the event in TN. It was said that the donut doors had been nixed due to crash test data. But somehow, the Mad Max tube doors are still available even though I would think they would perform worse.

We shouldn't presume options are available on the show/tell concept rigs. We all know the White Top won't be available. Yet, Ford still insists on parading the 4-dr CG/White Top with White interior around.

I'm holding out hope that the donut doors would be available when B/P goes live.

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If not at launch, they will be available at some point (hopefully very soon).

They look too good and Ford (or someone aftermarket) could sell a shit ton of them. Especially if they are made available on the 4-door too. I can guarantee 4 sold right here.

We shouldn't presume options are available on the show/tell concept rigs. We all know the White Top won't be available. Yet, Ford still insists on parading the 4-dr CG/White Top with White interior around.

I'm holding out hope that the donut doors would be available when B/P goes live.
I can see this being an issue at this point but shouldn't be difficult for Ford to resolve. Hell, they could almost use the same tubular frame inside of the cutout doors to fix this but the doors may be a bit too heavy.

Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

According to a Ford rep at Super Cel East, they did not pass crash testing and will not be available.

Since OP is asking, if they were available in the future, I'd guess they would cost $2000 for a 2-door, plus the cost of painting.

But somehow, the Mad Max tube doors are still available even though I would think they would perform worse.
Tube doors apparently passed crash testing.

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are the donut doors IN or OUT?

I want to get the base model, and swap out the doors for the donut doors (~70% of the time), which is my "Cheap, but Cool" ordering strategy.

Looks like they are still IN based on this picture... but heard that they may be OUT.

If they are IN, how much will they cost? They have to be color matched, so I am not expecting them to be cheap.

Please clarify.

Ford Bronco Bronco Factory Donut Doors Nixed, But Tube Doors Still Available Screen Shot 2020-10-16 at 9.14.59 AM
That is the Frankenstein Bronco with various trim levels on it. Who knows if they will be offered.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm sure those doors will make their way to market somehow, but there are many elements on that "concept" Bronco that won't come from Ford in the end. That's ok in my opinion, as I never expected an unpainted skid plate from the factory, but I can assure you that someone will design and sell one and anything else on that mock up rig that Ford fails to provide.

I wouldn't get too bent out of shape over an accessary, no matter how much you like it, as you will have options even if in future model years.

Normally an automaker doesn't empty everything out in a first year run.

Sponsored

LandCruiser

Base
First Name
Bocephias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wait so the donut doors are nixed because of crash tests? On a vehicle where you can remove the doors, where it is marketed that you can remove the doors?
Realistically, I think half doors would be better than donut doors.

Internally_Combusted

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy C10
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wait so the donut doors are nixed because of crash tests? On a vehicle where you can remove the doors, where it is marketed that you can remove the doors?
They probably contributed to occupant injury. Like the glass insert cut the dummy in half or something along those lines.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Door off isn't likely part of the crash test. Removing the doors is likely "off road" only.

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Realistically, I think half doors would be better than donut doors.
Wouldn't that just be door with the window rolled down. I mean you could just knock out the glass and call it a half door.
Sponsored