SamR

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Doesn't surprise me. No door beam going across to provide structural support. In the tube doors you have the basic safety cell elements of the standard door, just no door skin on them.
I feel bad for those who wanted the donut doors but this thread makes me happy. I wanted the tube doors but foolishly thought they wouod be less safe than the donut doors. I never thought about it in the terms that Kos put it which makes total sense.

I thought I said this like two days ago. Was it really today? Did my brain stroke off or something?
I thought the same... Mandella effect?
Sponsored

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Seriously, the hell. The times are accurate to my current timezone, since my questioning post was at 6:27pm -- I finished work at 6pm and I was standing at Ground Round waiting for my food at 6:27 when I typed that.

My original comment was at 12:24pm today. I was on break at the time, watching a video on YouTube. I use AAMirror to cast my phone's screen to Sync3 so I couldn't have been browsing Bronco6g at the time without it being a pain in the ass or interrupting the video.

So that leaves only one possibility: it was ghosts.

Parker

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gr Che Overland, Corvette, Tahoe, 46 Chevy 2ton
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Updated post:

According to information from Super Celebration East, these donut doors will not be available. But tube doors will be available.

Original post:

Are the donut doors IN or OUT?

I want to get the base model, and swap out the doors for the donut doors (~70% of the time), which is my "Cheap, but Cool" ordering strategy.

Looks like they are still IN based on this picture... but heard that they may be OUT.

If they are IN, how much will they cost? They have to be color matched, so I am not expecting them to be a trivial cost, but still cheaper than upgrading trim level.

Please clarify.

Screen Shot 2020-10-16 at 9.14.59 AM.png
Can you imagine the noise at hi-way speed? No place for window lifts. I want to see pictures of the models legs.

texasgreazer

Heritage
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer, 2019 GMC Canyon
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

That engine is insane!!
There was a picture on the A D D website that showed a version of them. I wonder if that means they plan on offering them?
These DO look sharp! ADD sure gets a premium on their stuff though!

Ford Bronco Bronco Factory Donut Doors Nixed, But Tube Doors Still Available ADD

Ford Bronco Bronco Factory Donut Doors Nixed, But Tube Doors Still Available ADD2

I had to put doors on on my JKU for MA state inspection because they have to check if windows actually close...
WTF do you do in MA to get a TRUE roadster inspected?

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They are gimmicky and ugly anyway

Sponsored

studly

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F 150 XLT Reg. cab FX4 5.0 Coyote
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Man, I have always loved the look of those donut doors. Very cool, Ford!

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not sure how donut door does worse than having no doors which is an option while driving

Sponsored

Texas Sunshine

Base
First Name
Suzann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I went to the dealership on Monday that I am using to order my Bronco. The salesman said no donut door will be available for 2021 but there will be a 1,000 different items offered from Ford.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm no engineer but couldn't they just reinforce the cutout door with something like this under the skin?

Ford Bronco Bronco Factory Donut Doors Nixed, But Tube Doors Still Available 1603286879333
I am an engineer.

No, because where that angled piece connect make both the lower and rear vertical no longer structural beams. In an impact those two would be forced down and back respectively, bending and warping the entire structure.

it actually would be stronger if you removed that lower rear corner out and reinforced the lower middle and rear middle angled connections.

dnvrBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander, Outback, 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is the way the auto industry works today...its the same w/the beadlocks. Its is not UNLAWFUL for you to operate your vehicle on public roads w/no doors, but if Ford were to sell you a vehicle w/no doors and you got hurt in an accident they would face liability. When you remove your doors voluntarily you have accepted the increase in risk...even if it is very small. Sometime in 1993 iirc NHTSA required a door bar be added to the center of all doors. The tube doors could still meet this requirement easily...donut doors? I don't see how.
Yep, first 30 or so pages of the owner's manual are going to be warnings not to actually use all the features that Ford used as a selling point.

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I feel bad for those who wanted the donut doors but this thread makes me happy. I wanted the tube doors but foolishly thought they wouod be less safe than the donut doors. I never thought about it in the terms that Kos put it which makes total sense.

They still are not safe, just safer. I wouldn't want to be in a side impact crash or rollover with anything less than a full door. It's all about what level of risk you're willing to take.
Sponsored