JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
roadster doors would be nice. just so you don't have the rougher finish of doors removed, but still basically the same as.
Sponsored

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't mean to be a downer but your kid needs you alive and well nearly as much as he needs himself safe. ??

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, TD5 Defender
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
What do you mean “doors off = off road”? It’s not illegal to drive on the highway with no doors. At least not in my state.
what I mean is, there are no side impact requirements to meet off road. Note that ford says the tubular doors they’re selling as an accessory are crash tested. So they meet the side impact requirements for certifying a vehicle federally. Not too surprising that a door with a big hole where a side impact beam would go doesn’t pass.

FWIW where I live, technically it’s illegal to drive without doors - if a vehicle was manufactured with doors, it has to wear them on the road. There is a vague “maybe” for Jeep CJ6.

Warthog

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
According to a Ford rep at Super Cel East, they did not pass crash testing and will not be available.

Since OP is asking, if they were available in the future, I'd guess they would cost $2000 for a 2-door, plus the cost of painting.

Tube doors apparently passed crash testing.

I find t be a bit funny they didn't pass crash test yet we can ride around with no doors what so ever and be right as rain...

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had to put doors on on my JKU for MA state inspection because they have to check if windows actually close...

Maybe aftermarket will provide something but you’ll still need the factory doors for inspection
Weird, I take my doors *off* for MA state inspection so they wont see my tint. (I do have to put on mirrors though.)

If the doors are present, the tech is supposed to roll the windows up to check for tint... but there's nothing I know of that requires doors or for windows to work. I've been wrong before, though.

Sponsored

_2020_

Badlands
First Name
Sylvain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mini Countryman S , 2015 JKU, 2017 X5 3.5i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Weird, I take my doors *off* for MA state inspection so they wont see my tint. (I do have to put on mirrors though.)

If the doors are present, the tech is supposed to roll the windows up to check for tint... but there's nothing I know of that requires doors or for windows to work. I've been wrong before, though.
They refused testing at two places without doors.
Edit: I had mirrors on!

Last edited:

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm not too terribly worried about this because I think it will only be a matter of time before either Ford or the aftermarket comes out with a version that will pass the crash tests. It sucks as this was going to be a definite buy for my 2-door but I guess good things come to those who wait. I'm fine........
giphy.gif

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I liked the look but imagine they don’t do well in crash tests.
I’d like to see a revised version with a small removable window similar to the Mclaren senna.

wavydave

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G8 GXP, 04 F150 FX4, Wildtrak 2DR, Badlands 4DR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm not too terribly worried about this because I think it will only be a matter of time before either Ford or the aftermarket comes out with a version that will pass the crash tests. It sucks as this was going to be a definite buy for my 2-door but I guess good things come to those who wait. I'm fine........
giphy.gif
...until the little shart slips out the donut door at 80mph.
Okay, so I didn't read all the messages, but I think that is why they canceled the doors - because some dimwit will think they act like real doors and they don't tie down the lil' rugrats to the rear seat with a booster and seatbelt like they would have while driving with tube doors or without doors entirely.
Sponsored

Last edited: