First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Oh, that probably just means they haven't secured the trademark yet. Which probably means that's the name they're planning on going with. We need to come up with a nickname so we can call it by a nickname. All of the different horse names available and Ford chooses...warthog. :rolleyes:
How about "Cortina"?

rtsherry73

Outer Banks
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Considering the huge interest in the FE it definitively makes sense Ford will come up with a similarly loaded $60K+ trim. They would leave money on the table if they didn't.
How about a "Bill Blass" Edition? Worked great on the 1978 Mark V.

NurseDan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

When I was in Moab I asked about the Heritage Edition and if it is similar to the First Edition and the reply was that it would have just about everything. Not sure if thats helpful but thats what I heard.
Sounds like that's the way Ford is gonna go and that's what's disappointing. No way I'd ever want or be able to pay for a fully loaded Heritage Edition. I don't want a fully loaded anything. I want a Base or stock Big Bend level of equipment and then add a "Heritage Appearance Package". I don't think I'm alone in wanted a simple, retro themed Bronco. Really wish I could get it from Ford but will probably have to go aftermarket.

Economisto

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mistubishi Montero, 2013 Audi S5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agreed. I'm somewhat skeptical about this, though.....still not 100% sure it has stop and go. For reference, here's the 2021 Explorer's order guide, which mentions Adaptive Cruise control, but specifically calls out stop-and-go and lane centering.

1618258446093.png

Compare that to the leaked order guide for Bronco, which only says "adaptive cruise control", and doesn't call out stop-and-go.

1618258581027.png

It could just be they didn't include the wording for space, but I don't know! And don't get me wrong, I want stop-and-go for traffic, but I'm taking the cautious approach of not expecting it and being pleasantly surprised if it is there. I frankly don't know why they can't include it, but there's also been other stuff they didn't include either.

Bronco is being treated as a sub-brand, not a brand.

And that still doesn't change the fact that the Warthog would still be a variant of the midsize Bronco, not its own model. They didn't start from scratch and build a new vehicle. Warthog will be just a trim like Wildtrak or Big Bend in that it's still a midsize Bronco, but with additional capabilities/features.

Ford has two different adaptive cruise controls listed on their website. The normal one which is just "adaptive cruise control" that the bronco is most likely getting, and "intelligent adaptive cruise control" that is capable of stop and go and lane centering as well. I cant remember where i saw it, but i know a Ford rep already confirmed that the Bronco can't auto lane center because it doesn't come with the corner sensors needed like they have in the sport, it only has the front facing radar/sensors. So unless something has drastically changed in the last couple months, id bet its just plain Jane adaptive with lane "assist" and no stop & go.

Sponsored

AZBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Last I heard about that was one of the girls who did a ride along at KOH mentioned the warthog to one of the reps. They said they were still trying to get the name. I don’t know what that means exactly.
Isn't the obvious name the "Stallion".

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ford has two different adaptive cruise controls listed on their website. The normal one which is just "adaptive cruise control" that the bronco is most likely getting, and "intelligent adaptive cruise control" that is capable of stop and go and lane centering as well. I cant remember where i saw it, but i know a Ford rep already confirmed that the Bronco can't auto lane center because it doesn't come with the corner sensors needed like they have in the sport, it only has the front facing radar/sensors. So unless something has drastically changed in the last couple months, id bet its just plain Jane adaptive with lane "assist" and no stop & go.
My wife’s 2020 F150 has stop and go adaptive cruise control, but does not have lane centering.

530Squatch

Badlands
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 HD Silverado Duramax Turbo Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@618TRVLWILD good stuff, thanks. I will have to remember to delete the front license plate holder- I recall seeing a pic of it blocking out the lettering it on the grill. That's a no-go!

OP
OP
618TRVLWILD

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

@618TRVLWILD good stuff, thanks. I will have to remember to delete the front license plate holder- I recall seeing a pic of it blocking out the lettering it on the grill. That's a no-go!
Did that myself!! The day I changed my color I told them I didn’t want it. My dealer was like I don’t blame you!!

Sponsored

BTomorama

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This would be a huge miss if it doesn't have lane centering and the advanced ACC features. I'm also shocked that baby Bronco has sensors/features the papa Bronco doesn't.

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The elephant is still in the room. WHAT ABOUT CUPHOLDERS?????

G-darn it, I want to drive off-road and I also expect to have eight different open-top beverages that need securing.
You're in luck, there are a ton of molle grid beverage holders on the market. For example. Not sure exactly how many will fit on the molle grid on the back of the two front seats, but definitely at least 8 :LOL:

Economisto

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mistubishi Montero, 2013 Audi S5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This would be a huge miss if it doesn't have lane centering and the advanced ACC features. I'm also shocked that baby Bronco has sensors/features the papa Bronco doesn't.

As much as it sucks, it makes sense. The bumpers are modular and swappable and the fenders are removable as well vs the sport which is almost the exact opposite

Last edited:

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Great info. I signed up for the app to try to get in but I guess the app itself requires a verification process. Oh well, I’ll get the next one.

Hoping for an AZ event along with Texas! Although I do guess we got Barrett Jackson.
Sanderson will be having one on May 15th. They should have the info on what Bronco's will be coming and times around the beginning of May.
Sponsored