First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This would be a huge miss if it doesn't have lane centering and the advanced ACC features. I'm also shocked that baby Bronco has sensors/features the papa Bronco doesn't.
I think this might be more a product of the platforms they were built on. The escape had these features available already. Does anyone know what the Ranger has?
Sponsored

BigSteveO

Badlands
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh, that probably just means they haven't secured the trademark yet. Which probably means that's the name they're planning on going with. We need to come up with a nickname so we can call it by a nickname. All of the different horse names available and Ford chooses...warthog. :rolleyes:
I vote Big Booty Judy as a nickname...BBJ for short!! 😂😂😂
Why not just BJ for short ???
Oh shit I guess that wouldn't work would it. Sorry my bad 😜

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
This would be a huge miss if it doesn't have lane centering and the advanced ACC features. I'm also shocked that baby Bronco has sensors/features the papa Bronco doesn't.
It makes sense given the baby Bronco is aimed more at pavement use than the big Bronco. Hoping my base Bronco will have as little of that stuff as possible.

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It makes sense given the baby Bronco is aimed more at pavement use than the big Bronco. Hoping my base Bronco will have as little of that stuff as possible.
Excellent point.

Bronco may not get lane centering or stop and go, but it does get one pedal driving, trail control, and trail turn assist.

In many ways those things are way more impressive... or in the least, similarly impressive but just for a different venue.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford has two different adaptive cruise controls listed on their website. The normal one which is just "adaptive cruise control" that the bronco is most likely getting, and "intelligent adaptive cruise control" that is capable of stop and go and lane centering as well. I cant remember where i saw it, but i know a Ford rep already confirmed that the Bronco can't auto lane center because it doesn't come with the corner sensors needed like they have in the sport, it only has the front facing radar/sensors. So unless something has drastically changed in the last couple months, id bet its just plain Jane adaptive with lane "assist" and no stop & go.
Correct. I think you're right that there's no stop & go.

My wife’s 2020 F150 has stop and go adaptive cruise control, but does not have lane centering.
Correct - the only issue here I see is that Ford specifically called out stop & go on the 2020 F-150 order guide, which they didn't on Bronco :(

Ford Bronco Bronco Fireside Chat: Few interesting pieces of information. 1618297005192

I think this might be more a product of the platforms they were built on. The escape had these features available already. Does anyone know what the Ranger has?
You can disregard the current Ranger - it was a stopgap product that didn't get the full suite of options that the next gen will get soon.

Tadertodd

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two first gen Broncos and a second gen, 21 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh, that probably just means they haven't secured the trademark yet. Which probably means that's the name they're planning on going with. We need to come up with a nickname so we can call it by a nickname. All of the different horse names available and Ford chooses...warthog. :rolleyes:
clidesdale and the sports can be donkeys

SPS4

First Edition
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

IF Bronco doesn't have stop and go (I really hope it does) do you think one pedal would be useful in stop and go traffic?

Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Agreed. I'm somewhat skeptical about this, though.....still not 100% sure it has stop and go. For reference, here's the 2021 Explorer's order guide, which mentions Adaptive Cruise control, but specifically calls out stop-and-go and lane centering.

Ford Bronco Bronco Fireside Chat: Few interesting pieces of information. 1618297005192

Compare that to the leaked order guide for Bronco, which only says "adaptive cruise control", and doesn't call out stop-and-go.

It could just be they didn't include the wording for space, but I don't know! And don't get me wrong, I want stop-and-go for traffic, but I'm taking the cautious approach of not expecting it and being pleasantly surprised if it is there. I frankly don't know why they can't include it, but there's also been other stuff they didn't include either.

Bronco is being treated as a sub-brand, not a brand.

And that still doesn't change the fact that the Warthog would still be a variant of the midsize Bronco, not its own model. They didn't start from scratch and build a new vehicle. Warthog will be just a trim like Wildtrak or Big Bend in that it's still a midsize Bronco, but with additional capabilities/features.
I'd say the fact that Bronco has an available manual transmission, which negates the capability of "stop and go", Ford left it off the Bronco literature. The Explorer is automatic-only, so "stop and go" is standard capability across the Explorer range.
Sponsored