Sponsored

Bronco First Editions, how much over MSRP do you think they'll sell for.

First Edition over sticker price

• $5k to $10k

Votes: 64 27.8%
  • $10k to $15k

Votes: 67 29.1%
  • $15k to $20k

Votes: 40 17.4%
  • Over $20k

Votes: 40 17.4%
  • 0 to $5k

Votes: 19 8.3%

• Total voters

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Poll is for how much money over sticker price do you think a First Edition Bronco will sell at.. Stopped by my Local Ford dealer last week and they had a beautiful Shelby GT 500 on the showroom floor. I was sticker shocked at the $105k price tag. I was in more shock when the salesman told me they just got it in and would be adding $50k to the sticker. I know a Shelby GT 500 is a hot ticket. Knowing some dealers will receive canceled First Edition, I wonder how much over sticker they'll get on a FE Bronco. My original thought was between $5k to $10k But after seeing the $50k on the Shelby, I'm guessing $10k to $15k. It would be interesting to see everyones thoughts, if you would like to vote. The poll is on the big Bronco, not the Bronco Sport.
Sponsored

Last edited:

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A FE Bronco is 100% absolutely NOTHING like a GT500 Shelby as far as people wanting it. I doubt you'll see most if any have a boost the way this poll is saying. And even GT500's you can talk down, I did, had a dealer remove all their markup by negotiating with them when their payment came due to Ford. The FE Bronco is 'neat' as a special edition of the Bronco but it offers almost nothing unique (unlike the GT500). If there was a special engine, special suspension, special transmission, special "something" other than optioned out with a FE vin, then maybe. But anyone paying some markup cause it says "FE" is, well, deserving of losing their money to the dealer.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

wasn’t there a prohibition on ADM mandated by FORD on ordered broncos?

it’s got to be big enough to compensate for potential loss of future allocation due to failure to properly convert an order to a sale.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think it will come down to the market where the FE reservation originated. If a FE reservation isn't converted in the midwest, it will likely only yield a $5-10K ADM. Conversely, if the non-converted FE reservation is in the southeast and the rig ends up in Miami, then the ADM could yield $20K.

It is hard for us enthusiasts to understand the mindset of throwing money away to be first. But there is a segment of society that has money to burn.

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

wasn’t there a prohibition on ADM mandated by FORD on ordered broncos?

it’s got to be big enough to compensate for potential loss of future allocation due to failure to properly convert an order to a sale.
First, you have to understand that all FEs will be built. A non converted FE reservation is not an ordered Bronco. It will still be built and delivered to preferred dealers in the region that the reservation originated from.

There will be no penalty on future allocations. The built FE that goes to dealers isn't part of the reservation conversion formula.

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Pure insanity.

Of course I say that now, in 2041 when a FE with less than 1000 miles rolls across the auction block for 250k, I will chuckle, but still say, pure insanity.

OP
OP
vintage

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

A FE Bronco is 100% absolutely NOTHING like a GT500 Shelby as far as people wanting it. I doubt you'll see most if any have a boost the way this poll is saying. And even GT500's you can talk down, I did, had a dealer remove all their markup by negotiating with them when their payment came due to Ford. The FE Bronco is 'neat' as a special edition of the Bronco but it offers almost nothing unique (unlike the GT500). If there was a special engine, special suspension, special transmission, special "something" other than optioned out with a FE vin, then maybe. But anyone paying some markup cause it says "FE" is, well, deserving of losing their money to the dealer.
I agree the First Edition doen't have any special parts. But as advertised it's supposed to have the the nicest features from the other models, which does give you a unique package. I believe your selling it alittle short IMO. With only 7000 FE units produced on one of the most popular launches in years., coupled with the fact that most can't walk into a Ford showroom and buy even a regular Bronco until 2022. I think most of the 2021 Broncos will be in high demand, especially a First Edition.
I wouldn't be surprised if a dealer has any model 2021 sitting on the floor this year, you'll see a $5k to $10 markup on it and if it's a FE you'll see a $10k to $20k markup. The Mustang GT 500 is a beautiful car. But if Ford came to me and said I can have a Shelby GT 500 for in my driveway today for $10k oversticker or a First Edition Bronco sitting in my driveway today for $10k over sticker, I'm taking the FE bronco all day long. Just my humble opinion.

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Stopped by my Local Ford dealer last week and they had a beautiful Shelby GT 500 on the showroom floor. I was sticker shocked at the $105k price tag.
For 155K, if I had it to burn, I'd be adding another 15k for a 911 Turbo that would smoke gt500 on the track for breakfast all while retaining a lot of value.

Sponsored
OP
OP
vintage

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Agreed, the Bronco will never be the super hot limited edition the GT-500 is, PERIOD!
I think you missed my point. If a dealer is asking $50k over sticker on the " super hot limited edition GT 500" then I believe they'll ask $10k to $15k on a limited 7000 run First Edition Bronco. As a offroad enthusiast I personally don't have any interest in a super hot limited edition GT 500. But I'm all over FE Bronco. JMHO

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There will be a couple of people in the world who might pay a ridiculous amount over sticker for an FE, but...
  1. The Bronco has to be a really hot ticket amongst the stupid wealthy (celebrities, athletes, etc.) when the FE is offered.
  2. We probably won't find out how much they paid over sticker. (It is the no privacy era, though, so we might)
  3. It'll probably get the SEMA treatment and lose anything that may resemble collector's value.
  4. It won't be me, but there will be one.

Last edited:

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Some nice greens posted in here.

Those GT500s are allegedley around 5,000 quantity for the year from what I recall? That just seems like a vehicle class that is more flashy and people are willing to throw down more for them especially with Shelby attached to the name.

I don't see the value in a Bronco FE beyond maybe a $5,000 markup if you really wanted one.

OP
OP
vintage

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

But, on your point, the dealer can ask anything they want and you're right some idiot will pay it! :rolleyes:
Companies like Velocity Bronco and Gateway Bronco are selling First Gens for $150k to $350k , who what of thought. So I don't think someone thats wants a FE and has the money to spend is a idiot. FYI, Gateway just set the World Record on a Bronco sale at $650k.
Ford Bronco Bronco First Editions,  how much over MSRP do you think they'll sell for. Screenshot_20210110-095223_Chrome

Last edited:

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Companies like Velocity Bronco and Gateway Bronco are selling First Gens for $150k to $350k , who what of thought. So I don't think someone thats wants a FE and has the money to spend is a idiot. FYI, Gateway just set the World Record on a Bronco sale at $650k.
Screenshot_20210110-095223_Chrome.jpg
Asking a price and selling it for a price are two different things. First gen Broncos are absolutely more worthy of a massive tag than some 2021 Ford Bronco. Fist gens are decades old, have a massive historical importance to the auto industry for various reasons and are dying off, where as a brand spanking new mass made vehicle (even if it is under 8000 vehicles) has nothing special about it.

I'm not saying a dealer will not attempt to ask more but nobody will pay it and if they do, as I said the dealer is better off with that persons money.
Sponsored