Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Administrator please delete 3rd option.

With the cold weather upon us, more and more are reporting poor performance for drivers side floor heat and rear heat. Would like to know if yours works like you think it should or has issues. Please post model and build date.

Also did a multiple choice poll for rear heat in the 4 doors seeing a lot are complaining about that also.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ground_zero298

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2dr BL SAS high 1/21
Driver floor heat barley works.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2022MY with an August 2022 production date.

Floor heat works fine.

I should note that on most vehicles I have to turn down the floor heater because my feet get too warm. Since most newer vehicles (like Mid pkg and higher on the Bronco) have these ā€œsmartā€ HVAC systems with no real finite control, it usually turns into an annoying micro-management game of turning on the floor heat for 5 minutes, turning it off for 10 minutes, back on for 5 min, rinse/repeat for the entire trip.

I havenā€™t had to do that in the Bronco, seems very well balancedā€¦ which I appreciate.

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Front floor heat works fine, rear floor heat is non-existent. The A-pillar heat is crazy good. I wish a fraction of that heat and air volume would be directed to the rear floor...

Sponsored

Boreal

Badlands
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cspencephoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2DR. -35Ā°C weather in Manitoba. Heat is better than almost every other vehicle Iā€™ve ever driven. There hasnā€™t been an issue with icing or heat yet. The grill shutters help bring everything up to temp quickly. 10/10

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Front floor heat works fine, rear floor heat is non-existent. The A-pillar heat is crazy good. I wish a fraction of that heat and air volume would be directed to the rear floor...
Check the rear heater ducts are correctly seated. I had one that was disconnected under the passenger seat.

Ibuprofen3293

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22MY Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One thing Iā€™d be interested to know is how many of us with nonexistent floor heat have Lux/auto climate control vs single zone manual. Iā€™m thinking folks with the latter may be the ones with no issues.

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Check the rear heater ducts are correctly seated. I had one that was disconnected under the passenger seat.
I am making that Ford's problem, not mine. I don't have time to be removing seats and verifying what should be their quality control problem, especially when I already took the vehicle to them about the problem and they had the gall to put on the paperwork effectively a "no trouble found" statement.

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Took mine into the dealer and they compared to other vehicles and said it's normal for vents to be 80% defrost, 20% floor when manually put into floor output.

Sponsored

Mike_D

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4D Bronco BD, '23 2D Bronco Base Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
ā€˜21 Black Diamond 4 door, manual AC. Rear Floor vents only blows when recirc is on. Kids cheered for 60-90 seconds until recirc shuts off on its own.

Knittel

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Shouldnā€™t the poll have mutually exclusive options? What if both fronts work and the rear is horrible?

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
One thing Iā€™d be interested to know is how many of us with nonexistent floor heat have Lux/auto climate control vs single zone manual. Iā€™m thinking folks with the latter may be the ones with no issues.
I have Lux with auto climate control and have no issues with the front floor heat but Iā€™m someone who has a body thermostat that runs warm. I hopped in it the other morning when it was parked overnight outside at -10ĀŗF and within 5-6 minutes everything was comfortable. I have no idea about the back seat as itā€™s barely been used except by teenagers and they need a little more adversity, lol.

FWIW, Iā€™m in Minneapolis which is by far the coldest large city during the winter in the U.S. Itā€™s fun to know that we will be wintering in Naples from now on which along with Miami is the warmest winter spot in the USA outside of Hawaii. :)

Ford Bronco Bronco Floor heat POLL 8C5D4354-EA67-49A7-8F3D-2B54E922D36B

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have Lux with auto climate control and have no issues with the front floor heat but Iā€™m someone who has a body thermostat that runs warm. I hopped in it the other morning when it was parked overnight outside at -10ĀŗF and within 5-6 minutes everything was comfortable. I have no idea about the back seat as itā€™s barely been used except by teenagers and they need a little more adversity, lol.

FWIW, Iā€™m in Minneapolis which is by far the coldest large city during the winter in the U.S. Itā€™s fun to know that we will be wintering in Naples from now on which along with Miami is the warmest winter spot in the USA outside of Hawaii. :)

Ford Bronco Bronco Floor heat POLL 8C5D4354-EA67-49A7-8F3D-2B54E922D36B
My 2021 OBX with auto climate sucks for floor heat. If I have nothing checked, meaning 100% auto I get some floor heat. Also my duct on the driver side seems loose and the outlet hangs lower and points towards console. Also in MN

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am making that Ford's problem, not mine. I don't have time to be removing seats and verifying what should be their quality control problem, especially when I already took the vehicle to them about the problem and they had the gall to put on the paperwork effectively a "no trouble found" statement.
It was an improperly assembled duct under the seats. Ford did whatever they had to do to connect the ductwork and now I have heat/airflow under the seats. It isn't as much airflow as I would like but it is better than zero.
Sponsored