Bronco - Ford Creative Designer Job Listing

Mustang313

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (s197)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This is not a huge leak but since everyone is going stir crazy for more info here is a little thing I found. This is a recent Ford job listing for a "Creative Designer" working on Bronco programs (read: plural) designing concept/production.

Found it interesting it was posted just 3 months ago so clearly it is not working on the 2021 model. Good to see more is coming.. can't wait to see what future variants, special editions, hi performance models are in store...

Creative Designer
Dearborn
Ford Motor Company
Design
Job Description & Qualifications

Ford Motor Company is looking for a highly creative Designer for our design studio in Dearborn. Working on Bronco programs the successful candidate will have to develop both conceptual and production solutions in the form of sketch, rendering and 3D digital models.

This multidisciplinary design position demands that the candidate be able to translate quantitative and qualitative research findings into branded user experiences and portfolio visions, and be able to design for the users point of view, displaying their human centered thinking through story boards and story telling.

• Having the ability to think creatively, strategically, and analytically.
  • Create compelling and innovative design experiences and visions.
  • Coordinate the work of other design personnel to achieve holistic design visions.
  • Create future brand focused design visions.
  • Show an awareness of digital and physical (software and hardware) thinking.
  • Problems solve around topics of connectivity, mobility and consumer segments.
https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/searc...ocation=Worldwide&locationId=OTHERS.worldwide
Sponsored

DustyD

Base
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I can read forums for info and make some awesome crayon drawings (with the colors I don’t like to eat). Hope that qualifies me. I’ll also accept beer for design influences...

Seriously though, it shows there’s plans for more in the future w/ the a Bronco nameplate.

OP
OP
Mustang313

Mustang313

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (s197)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I can read forums for info and make some awesome crayon drawings (with the colors I don’t like to eat). Hope that qualifies me. I’ll also accept beer for design influences...

Seriously though, it shows there’s plans for more in the future w/ the a Bronco nameplate.
I have the same qualifications so you've got some competition :)

Hopefully they give us some hint of what's coming for the Bronco family during the March reveal. I wanna hear about a first edition or this Rock Monster/Warthog or whatever you call it hipo model.

aplm7

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer 2015
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How about they hire off road truck enthusiasts first, with a small itch to get into design

Edit: in other words, make sure the surveys are not the primary resource ever so you don't end up with a blazing blazer. That's how that happened after all. If you are relying on the surveys first, you aren't a fit for the job. Surveys should only be saved for the end of an attempted design that you based off what you know the real enthusiasts like

Last edited:

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How about they hire off road truck enthusiasts first, with a small itch to get into design

Edit: in other words, make sure the surveys are not the primary resource ever so you don't end up with a flaming blazer. That's how that happened after all. If you are relying on the surveys first, you aren't a fit for the job. Surveys should only be saved for the end of an attempted design that you based off what you know the real enthusiasts like
Fixed, but 1000% agree

I want offroaders to work on it

Sponsored

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is not a huge leak but since everyone is going stir crazy for more info here is a little thing I found. This is a recent Ford job listing for a "Creative Designer" working on Bronco programs (read: plural) designing concept/production.

Found it interesting it was posted just 3 months ago so clearly it is not working on the 2021 model. Good to see more is coming.. can't wait to see what future variants, special editions, hi performance models are in store...

Creative Designer
Dearborn
Ford Motor Company
Design
Job Description & Qualifications

Ford Motor Company is looking for a highly creative Designer for our design studio in Dearborn. Working on Bronco programs the successful candidate will have to develop both conceptual and production solutions in the form of sketch, rendering and 3D digital models.

This multidisciplinary design position demands that the candidate be able to translate quantitative and qualitative research findings into branded user experiences and portfolio visions, and be able to design for the users point of view, displaying their human centered thinking through story boards and story telling.

• Having the ability to think creatively, strategically, and analytically.
  • Create compelling and innovative design experiences and visions.
  • Coordinate the work of other design personnel to achieve holistic design visions.
  • Create future brand focused design visions.
  • Show an awareness of digital and physical (software and hardware) thinking.
  • Problems solve around topics of connectivity, mobility and consumer segments.
https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/search/?f_C=1483,9441114,10033554,1484&keywords=bronco&location=Worldwide&locationId=OTHERS.worldwide
4 months ago??? But must be for the 7th Generation. Typically once a platform is launched engineers instantly start working on the next generation.

Carmaker1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE 4dr (His), '22 Bronco 7MT (Mine)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
4 months ago??? But must be for the 7th Generation. Typically once a platform is launched engineers instantly start working on the next generation.
This is sometimes correct, far from always and probably not typical. Not at that point with Bronco at all.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is sometimes correct, far from always and probably not typical. Not at that point with Bronco at all.
Very well could be tho. Early designs of the g6 bronco most likely started in 2012 after the launch of the t6 ranger

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Very well could be tho. Early designs of the g6 bronco most likely started in 2012 after the launch of the t6 ranger
From my understanding the Bronco6G only got greenlit in 2015 and had several different designs throughout the development cycle. My guess is that while there were probably some internal concepts etc the basic design elements probably were probably either present in the 2004 concept or didn’t come around until after 2015.

My guess is that Bronco will probably be on a 10-11 year per generation production cycle like the Wrangler, with development taking 5 years. (JL was 5 years in development)

TBH it may be even longer, I think the next gen F-150 while a substantial upgrade will be closer to a refresh than a total overhaul like 2014-2015’s change. I think cars will start becoming like phones where generations are getting longer and longer, especially with the huge jump in quality across all car manufacturers.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
From my understanding the Bronco6G only got greenlit in 2015 and had several different designs throughout the development cycle. My guess is that while there were probably some internal concepts etc the basic design elements probably were probably either present in the 2004 concept or didn’t come around until after 2015.

My guess is that Bronco will probably be on a 10-11 year per generation production cycle like the Wrangler, with development taking 5 years. (JL was 5 years in development)

TBH it may be even longer, I think the next gen F-150 while a substantial upgrade will be closer to a refresh than a total overhaul like 2014-2015’s change. I think cars will start becoming like phones where generations are getting longer and longer, especially with the huge jump in quality across all car manufacturers.
Average for ford is about 8 years per generation with a 4 year refresh. And a 5-6 year development cycle for a new generation.
(you can’t look at FCA because they take 10-12 years per generation)

the job could be for a facelift and update team too. Which odds are will happen for the 2025/26 MY.

Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think that the Bronco will be a future classic and I don’t see it being changed much with the mid cycle refresh. (At least from an aesthetic perspective)

keep in mind the OG Bronco basically didn’t change at all during its production run.

1966:
Ford Bronco Bronco - Ford Creative Designer Job Listing 49BD759B-5775-420D-9DAA-76E18C418A9B

1977:
Ford Bronco Bronco - Ford Creative Designer Job Listing C06BAD13-BB49-468B-A06F-921A5B346234

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Since the T6 was not initially intended to reach the North American market, I'd say that assumption is highly suspect. While the current T6 shares a moniker with the Bronco's frame, it is not the same frame Bronco and 2022 Ranger will be on. There were lots of "early designs", dating back to pre-2004, but they were not intended for production. "Early designs" don't demand a full-time multidisciplinary creative designer position dedicated to a product line that hasn't been approved at the corporate level.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Since the T6 was not initially intended to reach the North American market, I'd say that assumption is highly suspect. While the current T6 shares a moniker with the Bronco's frame, it is not the same frame Bronco and 2022 Ranger will be on. There were lots of "early designs", dating back to pre-2004, but they were not intended for production. "Early designs" don't demand a full-time multidisciplinary creative designer position dedicated to a product line that hasn't been approved at the corporate level.
im talking EARLY designs. Where it’s typically only like 20 engineers and designers working on a project

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
im talking EARLY designs. Where it’s typically only like 20 engineers and designers working on a project
I guess it's possible. I have no idea what kind of resources the auto manufacturers throw at an idea that they might, maybe, consider having some meetings about scheduling a talk with the brass about producing in eight years if the team they select to flesh it out does a convincing job.
Sponsored