Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Compare that to how many times you can push that button in the same amount of time.
No ROI at that price point or labor time, at least for me.

BigCatKale

Everglades
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Everglades / 2021 Kia Telluride
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Compare that to how many times you can push that button in the same amount of time.
No ROI at that price point or labor time, at least for me.
Good for you.

Sponsored

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Re: ASS
I assume we'll find the Forscan code soon enough. Otherwise it wouldn't be hard to rig up a way to automatically 'press' the button for you, but it doesn't seem like it's worth the effort unless your driving style really gets thrown off by ASS.

Re: Seatbelt
It's probably like current Fords.
+ Ignition on, engine off. Seatbelt light test comes on, then off.
+ After ~70 seconds, the seatbelt light will come back on
+ Rapidly click the seatbelt in and out repeatedly until the seatbelt light flashes
+ Ignition off.

Now the seatbelt chime is disabled. I work out of the back of my car, driving all around solar sites and parking lots. I'm not going to bother putting on a seatbelt when I'm driving 10mph everywhere, getting out of my car repeatedly.

Re: Other hacks
Also assuming the usual Forscan shenanigans. Bambi mode, disable the horn double-honk, turn signal flash count, etc. Probably enable some upper-trim options on lower trims.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Potentially stupid question...are MTs afflicted with A.S.S. or is it just on ATs?
The MT has it, but it works very differently. In the F-150 it's annoying as all get out. Either I have to remember to turn it off, or switch to sport mode. And no, the car cannot start faster than I can move my foot from the brake to the gas, plus the A/C likes to kick off. It's just super annoying and wrecks the driving experience even more than the stupid 10-speed transmission.

Manual is different. On the manual, it only activates if you are in neutral so it's a lot less intrusive. I'm never in neutral while actively driving.

Only time I ever idle in neutral is when I am using the ATM at the bank, or some other drive up window. In which case, as soon as it kicks the engine off, I'll hit the button, unless I have already taken care of it with FORSCAN
Sponsored