Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

the 2.3 horror stories will start coming in around 50k miles.
those owners just need to buy some acorns.
Sponsored

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Believe what? have you seen the torque specs on the 2.7l? Have you seen the published torque limit on the 10R60? What is there to believe or not believe?
That's the point. No one has shown the Ford specs for the transmission...

TopRecon

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
the 2.3 horror stories will start coming in around 50k miles.
Really? I was under the impression, based on its application in the Ranger, that the 2.3 was pretty reliable, but I'm sure others have followed the data more closely than I have. Well, for what little it's worth, if it's gonna break down regardless, I think I'd rather have the extra room to wrench on an inline-4 than a V6.

6GSooner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

This seems interesting. Has anyone used the Power Packs for the other vehicles?

https://fordauthority.com/2021/11/ford-bronco-to-gain-horsepower-torque-via-upcoming-power-packs/

Ford Bronco To Gain Horsepower, Torque Via Upcoming Power Packs

Now, sources familiar with the matter have told Ford Authority that the Ford Bronco will be getting two different Power Pack calibrations from Ford Performance as well.

Both of these calibrations will be available in 2022 – one for the Ford 2.3L EcoBoost I-4, and one for the 2.7L EcoBoost V6. The 2.7 Power Pack will launch first with the part number M9603-B27, followed by the 2.3 calibration later on, which will be listed in the Ford Performance catalog with the part number M9603-B23. No additional details are available for the 2.7 calibration as of this writing, but the 2.3 tune is expected to be similar to what is currently offered for the Ford Ranger, though the focus with the Bronco calibration is on torque – not peak horsepower – to aid in off-road conditions.

Sources tell Ford Authority that the Ford Bronco 2.3 Power Pack could net gains of around 25 horsepower and 30-40 pound-feet of torque for Ford’s I-4. The Ranger’s Power Pack provides an extra 45 horsepower and 60 pound-feet of torque from the same powerplant and optimizes the shift schedule for Ford’s 10-speed automatic transmission, but also comes with a Ford Performance high-flow K&N air filter.

Ford’s existing performance calibrations are emissions legal in all 50 states, and also come with a warranty. If the calibration causes an issue on a vehicle within 3 years or 36,000 miles, Ford will fix the vehicle under warranty. If the performance calibration did not cause the issue, the base Ford warranty still applies. The kit needs to be installed by an A.S.E. certified shop or Ford dealer to qualify for this coverage, however.
Wonder if it will add sport mode to otherwise non-equipped vehicles (looking at you Badlands in my driveway). Would be smart IMO to keep folks from changing it with forscan.

RynoRanger

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Website
azbluey.com
Vehicle(s)
2.7L Badlands NS 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm down with that for the 2.7... be interesting to see what they offer vs 3rd party stuff that'll certainly come eventually. Right now, from what i've been hearing, is the 2.7 is pretty "locked out"? I'm not trying to get my drag slips down but, i'm interested in seeing what can be efficiently tweaked out of those twin turbz

Sponsored

ChrisCozart

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond (non-Sas.)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Anyone else feel the non-Sas 2-door with the 2.7 and automatic trans. has the potential to be a quick truck with the right modifications...like this Ford tune?

internationlriders

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The downside to Ford performance tuning is that if you read their dyno charts, they test base HP on 87 and then compare it to tuned using 91/93 so that increased HP number becomes even smaller when factoring the change in octane.

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Believe what? have you seen the torque specs on the 2.7l? Have you seen the published torque limit on the 10R60? What is there to believe or not believe?
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...n-ford-parts-system.16429/page-12#post-597310

You know what would be a fun increased HP and torque option for the Bronco?

A 5.0L V8 COYOTE ENGINE.
It'd be slower and get worse mileage, but it'd sound cooler.

Man, I was really on the fence about getting a 2.7 given some of the reliability stories I've heard, now that you can effectively get a 2.3 with the same warrantied power, is there any reason to get a V6? Especially if the transmission will be a bottleneck.
There's no point in comparing untuned 2.7 vs. tuned 2.3 - and a tuned 2.7 has waaaaaay more overhead available than the 2.3. Not to mention the CGI block and extra turbo. Just look at tuned 2020-up Explorer STs if you want to see what the Nano platform can do.

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dude, you can't make up a bunch of drivel and pretend it's valid...and then claim that "People still believe that"...apparently because you wrote a silly un-sourced paragraph. I'll source it directly FROM FORD...from the BRONCO BRAND MANAGER, Estaban Plaza-Jennings:

Plaza-Jennings offered a robust argument in favor of the 10R60, stating that the unit is rated at a max output of 406 pound-feet of torque when paired with the Ford 2.3L EcoBoost I-4 and 424 pound-feet of max torque when paired with the Ford 2.7L EcoBoost V6. Both maximum ratings beat out the torque figures of both Bronco powerplants, which are rated at 310 pound-feet and 400 pound-feet, respectively.

fr8ycat

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 F150 FX4, 1968 Mercury Cougar XR7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The downside to Ford performance tuning is that if you read their dyno charts, they test base HP on 87 and then compare it to tuned using 91/93 so that increased HP number becomes even smaller when factoring the change in octane.
Everyone is using a graph for the 2.3L Ranger tune.
The 2.3L Ranger stock gives you 270 HP

(Sorry, had to edit myself here. Not saying there is absolutely no difference between 87 and 93 in a Ranger 2.3, just don't think it is as significant compared to the updated Bronco 2.3 with Premium)
Sponsored

Last edited: