Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes it has a lead wire red and black coming out but not a "harness". I believe these are the correct brackets after some research. I have the hard top WITH the OEM rack. When you have a rack installed, they send different brackets as this fastens to the rack. If you have no rack, the brackets are different. Thanks though.....I was hoping someone else with the roof rack bought this to compare.
If you have the lead wires, then that’s all h you should need to wire it to the Aux switch. However, don’t let them drill a hole to get to the wire. Have them go through the weather stripping and connect to the wire underneath the sun visor panel. It is a pretty clean installation.
Sponsored

DD214

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2015 Pilot, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not a fan of the light bar; but man, do I love the color of your Bronco. nice looking truck

Keerplunk

Big Bend
First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Jeep JKU, 2022 Cyber Orange 4Dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I do not think those are the correct brackets. Did they order your kit from Ford Performance? It should come with 2 sets of brackets. One for hard top and one for soft top. Also the wiring harness came attached to the light bar. It has a hot and ground wire in it. Are you saying that there is not a wiring cable connected to the light bar?
They said they have a roof rack, if thats the case those should be the correct brackets as they mount on top pf the rack.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Heh...CAN YOU HELP ME?
I ordered the 40" Rigid Light Bar through my Dealer. I got the BRRL version as I needed the brackets that mount to the Ford roof rack. Only the brackets are different. I do not have my Bronco yet. I am leaving on vacation and am getting my brackets (and other stuff painted) painted. I want to make sure they sent me the right ones. The photo here shows the one's I received......are they different than yours? (they should be as yours mounts to the roof). That was question #1. Second.....I also have the upfitter switches. My Rigid did NOT come with a wiring harness. Should it have? Do I need to order one? I will have my Dealer do the install (part of the sales deal). I presume since the Bronco is prewired, they just need to run a short wire and tap in (it's up behind the trim/window visor. I just need to make sure I have the right bracket before I go and paint the wrong one's.
Thanks....very few answers and photos available.
RigidBracket.jpg
An Update: These are the correct brackets IF you have the OEM roof rack. I had them painted to match. All installed and works great. And yes....the new install instructions per Ford, no need to drill a hole. Wiring goes under the rubber seal. A few photos of my finished
Ford Bronco Bronco Ford Performance Rigid Roof Mounted light bar RigidLTbarDone
Ford Bronco Bronco Ford Performance Rigid Roof Mounted light bar CarShow1
rig (are we ever really, finished?!):

White Sasquatch

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Just wanted to thank everyone that contributed to this thread. I just bought a used 4 door Bronco that had the ford performance light bar installed with the hard top brackets (on a soft top) and the noise was terrible. I test drove a number of other soft tops, so knew it wasn't normal and this thread told me the problem. I unbolted the light bar last night and the extra noise was gone, no more "slapping" of the top above the back seat at 40+mph. Unfortunately the soft top brackets aren't anywhere to be found so i'll be looking at other options, but i'm glad it was an easy fix. 1 plus is the light bar was mounted but not wired, so it was super easy to remove (no pulling panels to get to the wires).

Sponsored
OP
OP
ICUGAZN

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just wanted to thank everyone that contributed to this thread. I just bought a used 4 door Bronco that had the ford performance light bar installed with the hard top brackets (on a soft top) and the noise was terrible. I test drove a number of other soft tops, so knew it wasn't normal and this thread told me the problem. I unbolted the light bar last night and the extra noise was gone, no more "slapping" of the top above the back seat at 40+mph. Unfortunately the soft top brackets aren't anywhere to be found so i'll be looking at other options, but i'm glad it was an easy fix. 1 plus is the light bar was mounted but not wired, so it was super easy to remove (no pulling panels to get to the wires).
Contact Ford Performance and see if they will ship them to you. Explain that they were installed using the wrong mounts.

White Sasquatch

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I thought about that but didn't know if they'd send them since I'm not the original owner (not sure if they check that, or if it matters).

OP
OP
ICUGAZN

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought about that but didn't know if they'd send them since I'm not the original owner (not sure if they check that, or if it matters).
It’s worth a try. I say that because some dealers installed them for buyers with the wrong mount or before Ford Performance resumed selling the kit with the updated mounts. That would ah e been January of 2022.
Sponsored