Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What is everyone’s expectations on the quality of the base stereo. I would normally get the upgraded stereo but I am leaning toward base and don’t think it’s an option.
Sponsored

dpav02

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Toyota 4Runner Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What is everyone’s expectations on the quality of the base stereo. I would normally get the upgraded stereo but I am leaning toward base and don’t think it’s an option.
I feel like even the upgraded stereo will kind of suck TBH. These vehicles won't really have the acoustics in order to have anything sound mind-blowing incredible.

C2C1

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Being in Oklahoma I’m just going to let the base audio (speakers) run its course then support Kicker with the replacements.

Sponsored

PELS82

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Not expecting much from the base stereo.
I may do the upgrade if Lux isn’t too bad. Should be an improvement. Not expecting greatness, but if you plan on taking doors or the roof off, your audio will vanish in the wind.

Incubus will be the first band playing in the Bronco. Might as well have it sound good.

Maxmillian1

Badlands
First Name
Roscoe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think if you are going to take the top or doors off you'll need the 10 speakers, if you look at the pictures there are 3 speaker on the dash, with one in each door front 2, rear door 2 maybe, or mounted on the lower area of the side walls, 2 speaker on the rear roll cage, plus the sub in the trunk ( 10 ). at hwy speed you'll want to have them all

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I absolutely love music, but I’ve never had a good audio setup because I’ve never really had a “forever vehicle”

I will be putting a system in my Bronco within a week of it arriving.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Depends a lot on use. If you plan on listening to talk radio or music at lower volume, you may get by. If you really like to listen loud like I do, I think you won't be happy.

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hate mentioning my Tacoma in every thread, but I have driven it for 10 years so it is my best reference...

I love music. I had to upgrade the factory radio just to overcome the road and wind noise after lifting/bigger tires. Adding an amp allowed me to run some really great speakers and a small sub.

I will probably go with the upgraded Ford stereo and cross my fingers that it is adequate. I did some research on the truck forums and those guys seem happy with theirs, but they also have more insulation from noise.

Sponsored

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The stock stereo is going to be just that. nothing special. But the B&O system is a very good upgrade and worth it. But with everything else that is included in the "lux"? pkg with it isn't worth it for me.

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been going back and forth on this. I think I'm going with the premium radio. Mainly I'm just worried about how long it might take for aftermarket to come up with a solution that integrates everything into the existing radio. I definitely want to keep the 12" screen and sync stuff stock.

I'm anticipating a lot of weekend driving with the top off with kids wanting to blast the Frozen 2 soundtrack. We're going to look so bad ass singing "Lost in the Woods" in the Bronco. #dadlife

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Admittedly I have not kept up with the audiophiles in the last 25 yrs. but back in the day B&O was Ferrari level at least for certain components. I had a free floating turntable that I wish I still had today.

not sure if they have fallen off over time like Nakamichi and still rely on the brand name from the past.

I would expect the system itself is still top notch.

I will tell you the alpine system in my JL Rubicon is an excellent system given the type of vehicle that it is in. You will want the extra power and speakers. Crank it up and listen to Stevie Ray Vaughn singing “Life by the Drop” with the top off. Works for me.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I am thinking skip the Lux / B&O and add an amp, bazooka sub and replace the six speakers aftermarket.

Brick Vanderhuge

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge, Custom Softail, Flatside Shovelhead
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hopefully the B&O system will be a stand alone option for Big Bends, but I think I'm going to have to make due with the stock system based on what I see as aftermarket stereo components for Rangers.
Sponsored