Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This seems... perfectly fine? Like are people expecting a red carpet? Idk maybe I’ve just got low expectations but I would have zero issues getting in there and I’m not a small person.
Here's a thought @Nickp try getting in and out of there every other day, let me know at what point does it become a pain in the ass?

It's not a red carpet thing, it's just one more thing in a LOOOOONNNNGGGG list of tiny little things Ford could have done to make it that much better. Ie. the flip up passenger seat.That's what annoys most people here, or at least me.

Remember Ford talked to "Jeep owners" to find out what their biggest complaints were for a focus group. This didn't used to be a complaint for Ford owners because it wasn't an issue.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They are 8 months and 2 months so they'll be 1.5 years and about a year old when delivery will takes place. And yes I have an early reservation. It will suck and I don't know how I'm going to do it, but I'm hoping to stick with the 2 door. That is unless the wife puts her foot down.
If you have another vehicle suitable for the kids while they are young, kick that foot aside even if she puts it down. :)

It's when people try to get one vehicle to be everything that we end up with vehicles that aren't great at anything.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How much are those 'tube doors' going to cost?
It was reported in one of the East Q/A threads that they will no longer be offered. Tube doors or donut doors won't be available apparently, they didn't fair well in crash tests.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2 doors is not an option anymore :(
Even a 7 years old kid will have hard time calming there :/
To be fair, 7 year-olds have a hard time calming anywhere! :LOL:

Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

At about 6:40 he climbs in about out of the back seat of the 2 door badlands. :oops:
That's a big guy getting in and out there. Not a problem for kids that can climb in and out on their own. People who want the two-door and are freaked out need to take their chill pill or go to their zen place and calm. It's gonna be fine unless you are going to daily drive adult-sized people back there. In which case, you should have been thinking four-door anyway. :)

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So what you're saying is... based on him compared to the Bronco, he's probably only 5'-2" tall and he has trouble getting in the back? Ford needs to fix that for the passenger side.
He said he was 6'3". Saul Goodman.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Here's a thought @Nickp try getting in and out of there every other day, let me know at what point does it become a pain in the ass?

It's not a red carpet thing, it's just one more thing in a LOOOOONNNNGGGG list of tiny little things Ford could have done to make it that much better. Ie. the flip up passenger seat.That's what annoys most people here, or at least me.

Remember Ford talked to "Jeep owners" to find out what their biggest complaints were for a focus group. This didn't used to be a complaint for Ford owners because it wasn't an issue.
Is anybody that is going to have someone other than a kid getting in the back every other day seriously considering the 2-door? I mean it’s possible but it’s going to be a hassle no matter what....

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

it’s going to be a hassle no matter what....
That right there says it all. Whether it's a young kid, maybe a baby in a car seat. Maybe some jerk parks up to your rear bumper and you have to load groceries.. All kinds of possibilities to what can make it a pain. And my point (as well as others) is a simple flip up & forward passenger seat could've solved this issue. Giving it a Mustang type tilt & slide seat is just Ford being lazy in my opinion.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It was reported in one of the East Q/A threads that they will no longer be offered. Tube doors or donut doors won't be available apparently, they didn't fair well in crash tests.
Can you link to that report, or at least to the thread?

Sponsored

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's a big guy getting in and out there. Not a problem for kids that can climb in and out on their own. People who want the two-door and are freaked out need to take their chill pill or go to their zen place and calm. It's gonna be fine unless you are going to daily drive adult-sized people back there. In which case, you should have been thinking four-door anyway. :)
Well to that point, have people never seen a 2dr Jeep Wrangler in person? And this guy in this vid says he is 5' 8"

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

But the tube doors they are showing right now must be OK, otherwise that would be really dumb, showing how great they work while knowing they won't be sold.
The tube doors are also nixed. I've come to accept that what is shown at the shows are just concepts. It really is a disappointment. But it isn't the first (CG 4-dr white top).

nminus1

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Duramax, Trailblazer, and Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model