Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And hook it to what in the desert?
I have a winch and know how to drive 2 stake’s into the sand to anchor and pull from. You can use the technique on beaches as well. I used the technique in my backyard to spread apart the core support bracket on a wrecked Tacoma. My "stakes" are actually just $6.99 Harbor Freight tire irons.

Ford Bronco Bronco Gets Stuck In Sand and Recovered jm2ik2x

K2GcTXq.jpg

RtAYz48.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I used to drive a Bronco II on skinny 195 section tires in VERY deep sand. Never really a problem. As others have said air down, have a shovel handy.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I used to drive a Bronco II on skinny 195 section tires in VERY deep sand. Never really a problem. As others have said air down, have a shovel handy.
PD_0008.JPG
PD_0009.JPG

Sponsored

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not advisable to go out in sand by yourself without a winch.
If they can't use a shovel, they can't use a winch. Winches are for experienced users and not something a newbie should have or use.

SpringTXOR

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Looks like they drove over the edge where the sand had washed out too.

Aaonter

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
And be prepared to drive it like you stole it. Sand and snow is not always the place to drive slow to see what is ahead. If you do not know then always stop and walk it.

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll guess he didn't air down. Seems we all agree on that. Looks like he didn't lock his front. What model was that?

Sponsored

SeaVee

Outer Banks
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 2500 Suburban, 77 Bronco, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Kinda OT but I’ve been trying out different things in the sand here on the OBX. Started out on the Sand mode, and that works awesome but overkill for most applications. Over New Years, I tried putting in 4H, no mode, and put the tranny In M and used the paddle to shift. 100% better. Shoot, I even stuck it in 2H and drove 15 miles up the beach to our shack in Carova. Tires at 20 PSI.
Ford Bronco Bronco Gets Stuck In Sand and Recovered 7275D751-2D93-4AE6-AADB-886A602EC18F

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

And hook it to what in the desert?
Well with a winch, Shovel and a spare tire you can self recover from a lot. 99% of us have been stuck if we are really off roading new or not. 1% lie and say they never have been. That’s how we learn our limits or vehicles limits and how we get better. I got stuck I also try to find the limits of my bronco. Heck I got stuck twice last time out. 1 trying to follow a jeep on 40’s wife my wife driving. We shouldn’t have tried to follow but it didn’t look THAT bad lol. Then I tried an obstacle and got hung up in the frame didn’t have enough clearance by less than an inch.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve taken 32s out to Sand Hollow before in a 1989 Bronco. Didn’t have any major issues.

It’s just about knowing the vehicle and its limits, as well as the limits of you as a driver. The Bronco is still a relatively new vehicle and it is introducing a lot people to off-roading for the first time. (Which is a good thing, in my opinion.) But that also means you’re going to run into a lot of people that accidentally got in over their heads (been there, done that).

Traction control is what kills most people in sand/snow. If you have traction control turned on and you are stuck… you’re going no where. And if you are new to off-roading that’s very counter intuitive.
Excellent points for sure. I think a lot of people who are new to wheeling view this Bronco as a cape that grants super powers.

Sure, the YouTube set make it look easy, but we don’t know the full story often, but the other thing is experience; just takes it and you must be willing to go through that learning process.

What gets most people stuck in my experiences is impatience and pride. Nothing wrong with getting out and walking a bit, airing down is usually a must, so invest in the air compressor even portable. Then, we must go prepared. No, you don’t always need a $3K winch, nor do you need 37s, but airing down, then having straps, a buddy to wheel with for recovery, being honest with yourself about what you see, don’t understand, maybe don’t have the gear or skill for are all important.

Keep it simple at first and beware of peer pressure as there can be a lot when out in a small or large crowd.

Most folks are helpful, so being more of a listener than talker is likely the best advice I can give to someone new. Don’t sweat it, we were all new and before long, you’ll be a YouTuber trail warrior as well!! :)

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sand is no joke and it’s the only off-roading we have here. There’s a Surf fishing website that has like a 10 year old “wall of shame” thread of pics of people stuck on LI and NJ beaches. Some are insane. If you get stuck and don’t have a permit or recovery gear, nobody helps you. Get stuck below high tide mark on a moon tide and you might end up with a total loss.

Ford Bronco Bronco Gets Stuck In Sand and Recovered 0B76E999-0C53-4369-B62A-B3D65FE85634
Ford Bronco Bronco Gets Stuck In Sand and Recovered 0F2DF192-7DE2-485F-BC8C-DA3273ACF4AE
Ford Bronco Bronco Gets Stuck In Sand and Recovered 491D5B82-A867-4336-98C9-FFB9DAD8F288
Ford Bronco Bronco Gets Stuck In Sand and Recovered F69A78FE-C46C-4A12-811B-937BF17F9F2B
Ford Bronco Bronco Gets Stuck In Sand and Recovered B63FA0A4-3962-492F-A5C5-F48655659A6E