First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Kinda OT but I’ve been trying out different things in the sand here on the OBX. Started out on the Sand mode, and that works awesome but overkill for most applications. Over New Years, I tried putting in 4H, no mode, and put the tranny In M and used the paddle to shift. 100% better. Shoot, I even stuck it in 2H and drove 15 miles up the beach to our shack in Carova. Tires at 20 PSI.
7275D751-2D93-4AE6-AADB-886A602EC18F.jpeg
Sand mode drives me nuts with how high the revs hang. I know that's what it's designed for, but if the conditions aren't severe, I like to do the same as you!
Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Now the question is, would you take 32's in that surrounding area? I wouldn't think of it, plus I doubt the owner aired down but I can't tell.

Note the trash talkers in the comments of the video....

It's funny, the inclines always looks so much flatter on video! I will say, Sand mode (or TC off potentially) and tires at 15psi or lower will make most Broncos pretty capable in the sand. In the past I have never used any of the "off road" modes in my vehicles, the GOAT system is pretty well tuned. We have Bronco's on 32s hit most trails with us, with only an occasional obstacle presenting to much possibility of damage.

This was at the top of a dune, when I was "pre-running" for a MI Bronco Club event the day before and I didn't air down at all .

Next day at the top of "Test Hill"
Ford Bronco Bronco Gets Stuck In Sand and Recovered Resized952022052195125055

Last edited:
OP
OP
BroncoWTFAN

BroncoWTFAN

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MachE FE & BL SAS 22
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's funny, the inclines always looks so much flatter on video! I will say, Sand mode (or TC off potentially) and tires at 15psi or lower will make most Broncos pretty capable in the sand. In the past I have never used any of the "off road" modes in my vehicles, the GOAT system is pretty well tuned. We have Bronco's on 32s hit most trails with us, with only an occasional obstacle presenting to much possibility of damage.

This was at the top of a dune, when I was "pre-running" for a MI Bronco Club event the day before and I didn't air down at all .

Next day at the top of "Test Hill"
Ford Bronco Bronco Gets Stuck In Sand and Recovered Resized952022052195125055
Wow looks like your ready to fall off the cliff.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sand is the reason I have a 4x4 vehicle. I have never seen Mars colored sand before. Weird. I'm used to good old Florida sugar sand.
Sponsored