Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just realized that I had updated the guide but failed to post it.

Latest version should be up soon and includes:
  • Modes confirmed to adjust steering, Baja provides firmer steering to help maintain control going over bumpy terrain at high speed
  • 4WD modes and Locker availability by GOAT modes updated based in Quick Reference Guide
Sponsored

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just realized that I had updated the guide but failed to post it.

Latest version should be up soon and includes:
  • Modes confirmed to adjust steering, Baja provides firmer steering to help maintain control going over bumpy terrain at high speed
  • 4WD modes and Locker availability by GOAT modes updated based in Quick Reference Guide
You Rock.
Thanks for doing this!!

Husker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just wanna say thanks for the incredible work you've done for this community.

Just found this thread, wish I would've been more active on the Forums/Threads this past couple of years so I would've been more up to speed when confirming my order.

I was considering not going with the Bronco especially after Covid struck but the last couple of months has me excited again. The invaluable work you had to put in to provide what I'll call the Crayon Version (Easy To Understand) of all the information scattered all over in one place is special...Again, Thank-U Sir.

sledboy

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, RZR XP4 Turbo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
WOW! Thank you for all the effort that went into making this. Very well done and gives me something to study while I wait for my new Bronco.
(y):D(y)

Virtual-Chris

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One way to look at this, is that there are two basic things GOAT modes do...

1. Control various 4x4 settings
2. Adjust various engine/trans parameters

#1 can be duplicated easily with the hero buttons and other controls.

#2 cannot be accessed any other way.

It is therefore more important, in my opinion, to focus on the differences in #2 between the various goat modes. For example... are Sport and Baja the same in terms of #2? Does Rock Crawl mode bring anythiNG different to the table in terms of #2?

I think these are the important unanswered questions.

Sponsored

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Has the latest version been uploaded yet?

The links in the first post have the following time stamps
Ford Bronco Bronco GOAT Modes Guide by Trim - Compiled and Confirmed Info 🐐 1615757880051

OP
OP
Natai

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One way to look at this, is that there are two basic things GOAT modes do...

1. Control various 4x4 settings
2. Adjust various engine/trans parameters

#1 can be duplicated easily with the hero buttons and other controls.

#2 cannot be accessed any other way.

It is therefore more important, in my opinion, to focus on the differences in #2 between the various goat modes. For example... are Sport and Baja the same in terms of #2? Does Rock Crawl mode bring anythiNG different to the table in terms of #2?

I think these are the important unanswered questions.
You are correct. There's still a great deal we don't know about what the modes do in terms of steering, specifics on engine settings, etc. It was only recently we even confirmed they impact steering at all.
Unfortunately, a lot of specific information like this still isn't confirmed with other vehicles like the Raptor. So it's unlikely we'll get that level of detail until drivers get their hands on these Broncos - and even then it may take some time.

Has the latest version been uploaded yet?

The links in the first post have the following time stamps
Ford Bronco Bronco GOAT Modes Guide by Trim - Compiled and Confirmed Info 🐐 1615757880051
Appears to be taking longer than usual to get the updated version uploaded to the site.
Here's a link to the latest version shared on Google Drive:

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Got it!!

Thanks!!

ocnorBdroF1202

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GMC 1500 SLT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Here are two tables that were previously posted on B6G at some point...I just saved the screenshot to my phone for future use
Ford Bronco Bronco GOAT Modes Guide by Trim - Compiled and Confirmed Info 🐐 20201103_122506

OP
OP
Natai

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here are two tables that were previously posted on B6G at some point...I just saved the screenshot to my phone for future use
Ford Bronco Bronco GOAT Modes Guide by Trim - Compiled and Confirmed Info 🐐 20201103_122506
Yeah...

Those tables are just speculation from members, largely based on the Raptor.

They are actually the biggest reason I decided to make this guide - and explicitly use verified info and mark what's speculation where unavoidable.

Those tables get referenced as factual WAY too often. And not just on this site.

Sponsored

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Let me just add that it seems artificially limiting to not have sport mode on Badlands. All top tier trims should have that Mode. I’m not sure why Ford left that out for Badlands other than to frustrate people.
Right? Drop eco mode lol

Husker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Let me just add that it seems artificially limiting to not have sport mode on Badlands. All top tier trims should have that Mode. I’m not sure why Ford left that out for Badlands other than to frustrate people.
SPORT...The final reason/decision why I chose WT over BL.

I drive an RCSB F-150 5.0 3:73. I installed a Raptor Steering Wheel in it so I can drive using the paddle shifters in M + Sport Mode. I like to be somewhat in control as far as what gear "I" feel the vehicle should be in for every situation, instead of a computer that can't see what's ahead of me on the road (Traffic Signs/Lights, Vehicles, Curves, Danger, Etc.)

Based on my personal experience of always driving my Ford in M+SPORT Mode, I want that feature because I'll be at least 95% street driving. I don't wanna wait for a 22 to get the Manny Tranny, maybe trade it for a warthog with MT when the time comes??

I'm hoping more facts concerning SPORT VS BAJA are found soon (before production begins) so I have time to maybe change to the BL because of the other great features.

Every Mode should be available on every model as an option...IMO!

OP
OP
Natai

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agreed. No reason to leave it off.

Still hopeful that Sport can be enabled via FORScan. Or absent that, maybe be able to adjust some elements of Normal.

I know a lot of people would gladly replace Eco with Sport, but many of us would like to use Eco to sip fuel on the way to where the fun is.

If Ford was smart, they'd have their first OTA update just enable Sport for Badlands and FE. Lots of people are concerned Ford won't really leverage the OTA capability, so that would kill two birds with one stone.

Virtual-Chris

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Agreed. No reason to leave it off.

Still hopeful that Sport can be enabled via FORScan. Or absent that, maybe be able to adjust some elements of Normal.

I know a lot of people would gladly replace Eco with Sport, but many of us would like to use Eco to sip fuel on the way to where the fun is.

If Ford was smart, they'd have their first OTA update just enable Sport for Badlands and FE. Lots of people are concerned Ford won't really leverage the OTA capability, so that would kill two birds with one stone.
It would be great if Sport Mode could be enabled via FORScan as there's no equipment dependency for that mode... it's strictly a software function.
Sponsored