Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Did you make this or is this from Ford? Either way I like it but want to know the source, thx.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Natai

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Goes Over All Terrain
I've heard it referred to in several ways. Goes Over Any type of Terrain is actually my least preferred (too many Ts), but that is how it is listed on the Bronco website, in a couple of articles, and the lineup guide comparing the trims.
Ford Bronco Bronco GOAT Modes Guide by Trim - Compiled and Confirmed Info 🐐 Screenshot 2021-02-09 193258

OP
OP
Natai

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you make this or is this from Ford? Either way I like it but want to know the source, thx.
Made it today, primarily using sources from Ford, BN, and KOH videos.

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Made it today, primarily using sources from Ford, BN, and KOH videos.
Nice, I like it and very helpful and I look forward to getting it filled out completely with all unknowns.

You may want to send it to Ford, as they may hire you for copy.

Sponsored

KSBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru WRC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Appreciate you putting this guide together. Super helpful!

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s defined on page #4, first bullet point. Technically GOAToT(Goes Over Any Type of Terrain) :) Guess Ford missed that too...

Excellent work OP. Good stuff.
That's why replied, that's incorrect

G.O.A.T. Means Goes Over All Terrain as per Ford and the original Bronco

Here ya go

Ford Bronco Bronco GOAT Modes Guide by Trim - Compiled and Confirmed Info 🐐 IMG_2587

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've heard it referred to in several ways. Goes Over Any type of Terrain is actually my least preferred (too many Ts), but that is how it is listed on the Bronco website, in a couple of articles, and the lineup guide comparing the trims.
Ford Bronco Bronco GOAT Modes Guide by Trim - Compiled and Confirmed Info 🐐 IMG_2587
Ford Corp Site

The Original Bronco and GOAT..history gotta honor it

OP
OP
Natai

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@BroncoBuckaroo You are correct about the original meaning of G.O.A.T. and that this is being honored by the name GOAT modes in the new Bronco.

However, as I understand it, GOAT does not stand for the exact same thing then and now. It's an homage to the original with an updated meaning for the new Bronco. Based on Ford's materials that I previously referenced, the meaning is slightly different for the GOAT modes in the 2021 Bronco.

In the end, the precise wording doesn't really matter. The end meaning and usage is the same.

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Since you bring up how to engage the goat modes, you should call out that we know you need to be in N to shift into Rock Crawl mode. This came from one of the KOH videos. Which is pretty typical of engaging 4lo. If its like many other vehicles, if you don't shift into neutral before engaging 4lo the dash will flash and not actually engage 4lo, remaining in 4hi. There's going to be a lot of noobs having this problem...calling it out now might help save some face.

Sponsored

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@BroncoBuckaroo You are correct about the original meaning of G.O.A.T. and that this is being honored by the name GOAT modes in the new Bronco.

However, as I understand it, GOAT does not stand for the exact same thing then and now. It's an homage to the original with an updated meaning for the new Bronco. Based on Ford's materials that I previously referenced, the meaning is slightly different for the GOAT modes in the 2021 Bronco.

In the end, the precise wording doesn't really matter. The end meaning and usage is the same.
You may be correct, but I posted the original ford patent for GOAT modes here long ago..even it said "Goes Over All Terrain"

But as far as the The Terrain management Marketing what you have posted is correct

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wow... amazing job on this OP. Looks better than most of any of the ford releases on the bronco. Thank you very much!

mdk100

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, Cayenne, BMW X3e, 2 door BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks. I’m deciding on my Black Diamond with or without Advanced 4x4. It might have value if I ever drive in snow or ice (not my current SoCal situation), but after watching the KOH videos, I really want Baja. I don’t want to spend the upgrade cost to Badlands, but I’m thinking 4A could offer a “poor man’s” Baja mode. It’s only a $700 upgrade. Am I off base?

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice job.

I still find it funny that Ford has even made the term "GOAT" confusing. They really need o work on their marketing stuff (Bronco, Bronco Sport, Mustang, Mustang Mach E, connected Nav, Nav, built in Nav, etc.). Get it together Ford!!

My Jeep "yells" at you if you try to go into 4L without being in neutral. All my other Broncos were easy, just grab the lever and shift it. They would "tell" you really quickly if you weren't stopped when going into 4L.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm looking forward to testing out the sand and baja modes on my road. :D
Sponsored