Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

GOAT Mode Guide Download Link: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/uploads/GOAT-Mode-Guide-Bronco6g.pdf
Alternate link if B6G version isn't current:

Been an uptick of questions and discussions mentioning GOAT modes since KOH. We've got more info now than we did, but there's still a lot we don't know. There's also a lot of speculation out there, and it's not always easy to distinguish between confirmed information and educated guesses.

In looking at some of what we've gotten lately, I decided to try and compile what we know and highlight what we don't. I've got the beginnings of a list of sources, and I'm hoping that we'll be able to put our heads together and expand this.

In an effort to avoid the dreaded wall of text - and have some fun with things - it's all compiled and presented in a PDF file. Guide is currently available here.

If you know something that's not included - or notice a correction that needs to be made - please post it in this thread. To have it included in the guide, you must include a source for your information that can be confirmed. A video, photo, statement from a Ford rep, etc.

Right now this includes:
  • An overview of GOAT modes
  • What they have been verified to do and what they may do
  • How modes are selected and displayed on default driver instrument panel
  • Available modes by trim
  • A breakdown of each mode
  • A brief discussion on usefulness
  • List of sources
Updated (2021-2-11)
  • Added most needed info we don’t know
  • Added info on original meaning of GOAT
  • Added mention of Sasquatch impact on GOAT
  • Added reference to Terrain Management system
  • Added mention of switching on-the-fly or stopping to shift into N for some modes
  • Added assumed throttle adjustments for Eco and Sport
  • Clarified camera available “at speed” on Baja
  • Added How Useful are GOAT Modes?
  • Added Are GOAT Modes Interchangeable?
  • Updated default Hero settings for Sand
  • Clarified Front Locker only available in 4L
  • Updated available 4WD modes for Slippery
  • Added info on modes that appear to disable Auto Start Stop
  • Added Traction Control off for Rock Crawl
  • Added Notes on Hero Settings
  • Added examples of camera views
  • Added and updated referenced sources
Updated (2021-2-12)
  • Complete overhaul to The Utterly Unofficial Guide to GOAT Modes
  • Few bits and pieces of info tweaked and text rewritten
  • Added the Big Speculative Chart of GOAT Modes
Update (2021-02-27)
  • Modes confirmed to adjust steering, Baja provides firmer steering to help maintain control going over bumpy terrain at high speed
  • 4WD modes and Locker availability by GOAT modes updated based in Quick Reference Guide
Update (2021-03-22)
  • Sport mode confirmed to default to 2H
  • Shots of instrument panel in Sport mode
Here are a couple of example pages (from the 2-12 version):
Ford Bronco Bronco GOAT Modes Guide by Trim - Compiled and Confirmed Info 🐐 GOAT Guide Mk 2 cover

Ford Bronco Bronco GOAT Modes Guide by Trim - Compiled and Confirmed Info 🐐 GOAT Guide Mk 2 chart

Planned for the next update:
Sponsored

Last edited:

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This is def something I'm interested in. Since I went big bend. I know I'm going to Rock crawl at some point. Since BB doesn't have it curious if one of the other goat modes will be close. Mud/Rut maybe?!

OP
OP
Natai

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Black diamond doesn't have baja mode. it has rock crawl mode. it's in the order guide
Good catch. Thanks!
This is all blurring together at this point - been working on it most of the day. Fixing that now.

I should have a link to the actual guide posted in a few minutes. It's a little too large to attach directly.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is def something I'm interested in. Since I went big bend. I know I'm going to Rock crawl at some point. Since BB doesn't have it curious if one of the other goat modes will be close. Mud/Rut maybe?!
In the BL "rock" disengages the sway bar, locks the booty and puts it in 4 lo (plus the throttle, brake, steering tweaks). So the only mechanical disadvantage we would have would be the sway bar? The throttle/brake would be our skill at that point.

Sponsored

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

In the BL "rock" disengages the sway bar, locks the booty and puts it in 4 lo (plus the throttle, brake, steering tweaks). So the only mechanical disadvantage we would have would be the sway bar? The throttle/brake would be our skill at that point.
Aww makes sense! So just be us going 4LO, lockers, and business as usual! I like it!

Last edited:

BLTN

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Badlands; '95 Jeep XJ; '05 F-350; '07 Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey, @618TRVLWILD - A new gig for The Stig - GOAT Mode Fact Checker...our spy on the inside! See what he can dig up...no potato required.

Sponsored

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just need right foot pedal to the floor mode LOL, j/k Ashley

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Been an uptick of questions and discussions mentioning GOAT modes since KOH. We've got more info now than we did, but there's still a lot we don't know. There's also a lot of speculation out there, and it's not always easy to distinguish between confirmed information and educated guesses.

In looking at some of what we've gotten lately, I decided to try and compile what we know and highlight what we don't. I've got the beginnings of a list of sources, and I'm hoping that we'll be able to put our heads together and expand this.

In an effort to avoid the dreaded wall of text - and have some fun with things - it's all compiled and presented in a PDF file. Guide is currently available here.

If you know something that's not included - or notice a correction that needs to be made - please post it in this thread. To have it included in the guide, you must include a source for your information that can be confirmed. A video, photo, statement from a Ford rep, etc.

Right now this includes:
  • An overview of GOAT modes
  • What they have been verified to do and what they may do
  • How modes are selected and displayed on default driver instrument panel
  • Available modes by trim
  • A breakdown of each mode
  • A brief discussion on usefulness
  • List of sources
Here are a couple of example pages:
View attachment 88747
View attachment 88744
Goes Over All Terrain