Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 07 BMW 335i, 05 Saab 9-5 Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Should also note that red or blue would be illegal in the front. White or amber should be ok
If the price and quality is right, i'm down, would be cool if we could have it be a color choice between amber or white depending on your mood... lol

Tortuga353

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The other night a raptor was following me and I was thinking man I hope the Bronco comes out with a Bronco light that everyone identifies the vehicle at a glance. I always thought the “raptor” lights were cool.

Sponsored

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd be into something very subtle that looked OEM.

Have you thought about making it RGB for each letter so it is customizable by letter to any color and brightness?

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you are having customers send you their grill and altering it, you do not need a licensing agreement.*

*check with lawyers

edit to add: I would be interested

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The other night a raptor was following me and I was thinking man I hope the Bronco comes out with a Bronco light that everyone identifies the vehicle at a glance. I always thought the “raptor” lights were cool.
So did a million other people judging by the seemingly endless wave of pain ol' F150s running around with 'raptor style' lights and cheap knockoff grills.

OP
OP
Austin26

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm on the fence about it but I do have the luxury of some time on this one.

Why would somebody sending their grille to be not make me need Ford licensing?

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm on the fence about it but I do have the luxury of some time on this one.

Why would somebody sending their grille to be not make me need Ford licensing?
If you are making a "FORD" grill you are creating something with their trademark. Altering an existing grill with lighting is... I'm not certain what the appropriate term/phrase is.*

Sponsored

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I like the ingenuity of it, but I'm probably gonna go with a vinyl wrap of sorts...3 options come to mind - vehicle color match (my AMB may be tough), american flag, black or gray reflective.

Tortuga353

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So did a million other people judging by the seemingly endless wave of pain ol' F150s running around with 'raptor style' lights and cheap knockoff grills.
As they say imitation is the greatest form of flattery. I’ll admit I added them to my lifted Tacoma. :)

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang, 05 F150, 08 Expedition EL, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is the best screen shot I could manage of the inside of the grille from THIS video of the grille removal at 1:38 into it.
Ford Bronco BRONCO grille lettering LED back lighting 1614697666203

It looks like the letters are a separate piece of plastic. The circled spots look to me where the plastic "posts" of the letters were "welded" (melted down) to connect them to the grille.
I was hoping the letters would be molded with the grille, so I could cut out the face, and 3d print translucent covers and backlight with LEDs.

eta: the red circles are the backside of the letter B in case you get lost in all the shiny plastic

Nellman

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you can get everything figured out I bet you would have a pretty good market.
Suggestions:
1. Don't dictate install to factory light wiring only. I would be more interested in the AUX switches so I could not have it on if I wanted.
2. Have each letter RGBW controllable. This would allow people to get any color they wanted and a good white that doesn't show the other colors at certain angles.
3. Don't wait until your Bronco comes in. I am sure there are people here that would gladly help you get this up and running before your Bronco arrives. Waiting gives everyone else time to saturate the market with similar options. You want to be completely operational before MY22. Waiting til you get yours and waiting say 6 months until production ready puts you at best, late MY22 probably MY23. That could lose you a lot of business.

I hope you get this working as I would be interested. There are several other threads here talking about the same idea. I would like to purchase from a B6G member if anyone actually gets this off the ground.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First, this is something I've been hoping would be made available.

I'll echo a preference for subtlety. The Mercedes backlit emblems look good and strike a nice balance between being noticeable while not too flashy or in your face. Also still needs to look clean and like OEM when the backlight is off.

I have zero interest in being able to change the colors - and certainly not with each letter - just a simple backlight that makes the BRONCO standout a little and matches the headlights/running lights. I could MAYBE go with a version where the lighting could match the paint color, as long as it's still subtle.

I'd strongly suggest you support multiple wiring options. Aux switch, running lights, ignition, whatever. This should actually be really simple to achieve.

If it's too bright, looks obviously aftermarket, or has a bunch of funky colors, I'll be waiting for someone else to release a more subtle OEM-looking version.

You'll likely have an easier time if you can come up with a solution that doesn't replace the existing lettering, as it will avoid some of the hurdles with Ford. IF you can still make it look good.
Sponsored