Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sphere shaped craft
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Two things you might want to consider:

1) Liability
2) Regulations (FMVSS, NHTSA, DOT, State & Local)

Best of luck in your endeavor!
Sponsored

Mustang Mike

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Altitude

Badlands
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee, 2008 Suzuki B-King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bad_Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1963 Chevy Nova SS, 2021 Ford Bronco WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Already planning on doing this on my Wildtrak. I am a fabricator/painter at a sign shop so my plan is to make new pop through letters on the CNC to replace originals, and use RGB LED's with remote, wired to my daytime module. I will be able to change to what ever color you can think of under the rainbow for every occasion. When I get it done, I will post pics.....

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Already planning on doing this on my Wildtrak. I am a fabricator/painter at a sign shop so my plan is to make new pop through letters on the CNC to replace originals, and use RGB LED's with remote, wired to my daytime module. I will be able to change to what ever color you can think of under the rainbow for every occasion. When I get it done, I will post pics.....
as mentioned before, I'm pretty sure red and blue are illegal on private cars in every state, you might want to check into that first. Also can't be flickering or changing colors all the time. Don't want to look like an unmarked cop car on a mission...

Sponsored

Bad_Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

as mentioned before, I'm pretty sure red and blue are illegal on private cars in every state, you might want to check into that first. Also can't be flickering or changing colors all the time. Don't want to look like an unmarked cop car on a mission...
Yep, I know that..... mostly use the "colors" for show as the actual LED's only cost me cents over white ones. I'll be running white and amber while on the street. May incorporate the DRL's into the letters. Not sure yet..... but legal.

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Perhaps getting the OEM Bronco emblem and mounting it on the front (cut into the grill) with backlighting would be an original and more subtle touch?

Bad_Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Perhaps getting the OEM Bronco emblem and mounting it on the front (cut into the grill) with backlighting would be an original and more subtle touch?
Playing with that idea also.... just have to proportion it right for it to look good. Trying the original lettering like on the fender, and the bucking Bronco. My main problem is that I have the LUX package which has the camera dead center. Possibly do "(horse) Bronco (horse)" which may look good if sized right. If I do that, I could wire the Horses to flash with the hazards...... :sneaky:

Gavin39

Outer Banks
First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hello all, I'm a new member happy to have found the site. I may be developing a business plan over the next year and I'm looking to guage interest and gain insight to the more mainstream Bronco fan. I plan on getting mine in 2022.

Anyways, I'm an electrician and got this idea recently as I turned an old hospital sign into a piece of pop art.

What do you think of a semi-transparent replacement of the BRONCO grille lettering that was back lit with a customizable LED color scheme?

Here are some pictures and videos of the sign I made and the possibilities. With LEDs these days, you can program each three LED section. Meaning, if you wanted a red/white/blue for the 4th of July, I could program it so that the B and R are red, the O and N are white, and the blue is C and O. Green for Saint Patrick's Day, orange for Halloween...red and green for Christmas...of course solid colors to match your car, or just a regular white, with brightness to your taste. The possibilities are pretty much endless but you get the idea.

I've looked into a few state laws including Texas and it seems that as long as "grille color lighting" isn't flashing or alternating colors, it is legal. Of course I'd use weather rated wiring and LEDs and may tie it in with the running lights or fog lights though I'd have to figure out what is best and what couldn't potentially interfere with anything else on the car. I'm not experienced with wiring cars and DC but I'm sure I'll figure it out and I'd test it for a period of time.

I'm not a photoshop guy so you'll just have to imagine what it would look like, but it would be the same font and size as the stock lettering on the grill and be similar in nature to the pictures I've attached.

Also, if you're an experienced 3D printer and would have interest in supplying the Bronco lettering, that may be a possibility too instead of me having to buy a machine and learn that skill.

Thanks in advance for any input.

87ADA4FB-FF4B-4990-9F3B-6FF0E62924A3.jpeg

DFA33302-DC66-4B2F-AD3F-E962C9E86F2C.jpeg

79AE57F3-9C05-4BC7-81F0-24E9C888EF65.jpeg

30EA9E03-4050-4CFD-A996-51A08D97B82D.jpeg

6E22F4F3-2FEA-4388-A403-BDAE738C6DE2.jpeg
Shut up and take my money!

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Previously: '83 and '95 Bronco XLTs. RIP.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs