First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With the reveal coming next month has there been any talk of approaching dealerships for a group buy deal? The guys over at Jeep Garage did this for the 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee WK2 and were able to negotiate 7% below invoice once they reached a certain number of guaranteed orders - and that included leasing. I am wondering if we could do the same for the Bronco. Koons Jeep in the Wash DC area was the one who "won" the best offer. I can try and reach out to the Koons Ford and see if they would offer something similar. Thoughts?
Sponsored

securitysix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

With the reveal coming next month has there been any talk of approaching dealerships for a group buy deal? The guys over at Jeep Garage did this for the 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee WK2 and were able to negotiate 7% below invoice once they reached a certain number of guaranteed orders - and that included leasing. I am wondering if we could do the same for the Bronco. Koons Jeep in the Wash DC area was the one who "won" the best offer. I can try and reach out to the Koons Ford and see if they would offer something similar. Thoughts?
I like this idea, although I'm sure I couldn't afford to make that sort of financial commitment by the time the BroncoBronco is released. I'm going to see about stuffing more pennies into my piggy bank anyway.

Also, shouldn't we be also be pestering the board's resident Ford dealer (@ChrispyKC) about a similar deal if we're going to try this?

Walnut

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
old ass beater
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Was just thinking the same thing. As long as hybrid is available at launch, I'm in.

I have X-Plan available through work, but it's not much more of a discount versus negotiation

Escape_Artist

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT;
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good sir I will pay $27.39 for the loaded raptor version and if you're really good I'll buy lunch. You won't have another deal this good. ;)
Wait I thought he was buying us lunch??? No lunch no deal!

Sponsored
OP
OP
fraserjr

fraserjr

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Going back through my email archive, this was the deal with Koons for the DC Group buy at the time, 2013 for 2014 MY:

-- 7% below invoice + tax, tags, freight (destination fee - $995), and $499 processing fee for a group of 10 to get the full discount;
-- NO time limit on purchasing as long as the 2014 JGC is available to order; and
-- $500 deposit before ordering.

Last edited:

securitysix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I don't blame you. 7% does seem a bit...aggressive?

But you seem like a fair and reasonable guy (yes, I'm assuming your gender), so I figured you'd at least try to get us the best deal you could, hence why I mentioned you.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

God, I wish it was always "half hour" simple, but last vehicle I bought, they assume their customers do not know the math or do not research before hand. Apparently this is the case with a lot of their customers suckers.

Whatever the sale price was, the monthly payment they came back with was wildly off....enter sales manager trying to persuade me that his $60/80 a month higher (than it shoud be) payment was correct for the purchase price. (no trade in, couple $k down, not much room for error here,)

Enter smart phone and a detailed calulator app covering sales tax, APR, etc etc.

I mean I'll allow for some error and small fees....but not $60 or $80 or more x 60 months worth.

Manager was a bit upset(cocky), but once he understood that I had my shit together, he changed his tone.
I bought the car at advertised price ( GREAT price) at the appropiate monthly payment.

At any rate, I rather enjoy the research aspect of it, learning the market and then waiting for the right sale/incentive program. Not much need to haggle if your confident the advertised sale price is good.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
God, I wish it was always "half hour" simple, but last vehicle I bought, they assume their customers do not know the math or do not research before hand. Apparently this is the case with a lot of their customers suckers.

Whatever the sale price was, the monthly payment they came back with was wildly off....enter sales manager trying to persuade me that his $60/80 a month higher (than it shoud be) payment was correct for the purchase price. (no trade in, couple $k down, not much room for error here,)

Enter smart phone and a detailed calulator app covering sales tax, APR, etc etc.

I mean I'll allow for some error and small fees....but not $60 or $80 or more x 60 months worth.

Manager was a bit upset(cocky), but once he understood that I had my shit together, he changed his tone.
I bought the car at advertised price ( GREAT price) at the appropiate monthly payment.

At any rate, I rather enjoy the research aspect of it, learning the market and then waiting for the right sale/incentive program. Not much need to haggle if your confident the advertised sale price is good.
Yeah, I never want to talk monthly payments , and it concerns me when salespeople do. I only care about the purchase price total and current interest rates based on credit rating. APR determines downpayment amount and The monthly payment is just the math.
Sponsored