Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Don’t have time to read through all the comments but did anyone mention there’s no seeing out the back if you stand the roof panels up like that? If I’m away from home I’ll either lay them down in the back or simply leave them on.
Only way your going to lay them down in the two door is if you don't have passengers and put the seats down. Not much more room than for an extra gas can back there. You can see the two tops take up most the space when the guy put them in the back.
Sponsored

roxbury29

Wildtrak
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150/JK 4dr. Wrangler/Flex/Mazda6
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Lot of Sarcasm here, too the fellow Ford guys. Funny no one will be driving one until likely late 2021. Haha.

I love my wrangler and likely trade it for a Bronco. But the tops, off color and not necessarily easy to remove without help.

Let's actually get to see them in showrooms then react

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It would've been nice to see a rearview camera to eliminate the blocked view out the back.
They should just have a mode in Sync 4 where the rear camera view is displayed persistently on the dash screen.
With lockpick for the older sync systems you can do this

bronc'o

Wildtrak
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon, 2020 Defender FE, 2022 Bronco WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That top has a very smooth finish... I gather that means it can be painted or wrapped?

Sponsored

roxbury29

Wildtrak
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150/JK 4dr. Wrangler/Flex/Mazda6
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
.... you do need a socket at least for a wrangler. Which would work fine with the Broncobut an impact driver is about 17x faster.
^ nope... Hand-tighten wing nuts ( 3 per side ) for the back part. front part no tools needed either.
Heck, no tools are needed to even remove the doors. ( and to take the back part, either you will need help from both Bronco or Jeep, or a hoist )

I mean I’m sure there’s a reason, and just never take the tool out of your center console or glove box?

t3n2and4

Badlands
First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, F150, VW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s a great shot of the light bar independent brackets, thanks for sharing. That roof rack isn’t like the standard roof rack you see on the build and price tool, and on the Overland concept vehicle, though. So I wonder on the version where the light bar is attached to the roof rack, does the light bar easily come off with the rack?
Here is the view of the overland. No brackets to the windshield - just the rack.

27152123-1F5C-448F-A530-C4A197230618.jpeg

PecOBX

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Jeep CJ7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The video confirmed why I wanted the 4-door with the soft top - too much work to be able to go topless for a short period or if there is a risk the weather could change during a drive. I’m sure it’s been noted in this string but the process is about the same as taking off a Jeep hardtop

RobC2

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3P
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks like about what I expected. What I didn't expect was that I now think Cyber Orange may be my top color. It basically looks like a Rio Yellow S2000. Great color.

Sponsored

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Don’t have time to read through all the comments but did anyone mention there’s no seeing out the back if you stand the roof panels up like that? If I’m away from home I’ll either lay them down in the back or simply leave them on.
"...Out on the road today
I saw a dead head sticker on a Cadillac
A little voice inside my head said, don't look back, you should never look back..."

"You got the top pulled down
Radio on baby
I can tell you my love for you will still be strong
After the boys of summer, have gone..."

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
You need a T30 Torx Bit and a T30 Hex tool and a 13MM hex and the triangle thing and a T50 Hex for those scoring at home.

If you have done Legos and put together the Hemnes Ikea desk, you should fine.

Last edited:

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Here’s prob a dumb question...if you take off the front section only in MIC, how is air going to get out while driving? At least with modular you can take back section windows off... just imagining the wind noise and other things. At least with the soft top you can open more windows.
Counterpoint: How do sunroofs work?

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Here’s prob a dumb question...if you take off the front section only in MIC, how is air going to get out while driving? At least with modular you can take back section windows off... just imagining the wind noise and other things. At least with the soft top you can open more windows.
Heck ive flown aircraft wiith no roofs?