Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I want to make this a bit easier so I am not getting that roof rack...
I’m also planning to exclude the roof rack. It’s a convertible. Plus I want to significantly reduce the size & weight of my camping gear kit.

Also, for the record that process to remove the rack & top is as simple as it gets. Very easy. Let’s hope those little windshield mounting point caps stay put. Note that they’re missing from the majority of the test mules we’ve seen so far.
Sponsored

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How heavy? I went down a rabbit hole with trying to google this. It ended up being a time sink and I still don't have the answer. Anybody know?
We don't know yet. Just that mod top is heavier than MIC

You should still be able to remove either fairly easier with the same process as MIC

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Looks like ford copied Jeep in every aspect of the tops functionality. If you watch that video, you know how a jeep top works. It is smart not to reinvent the wheel if there are not patent issues.

Deadfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F350, 2007 HD Road King, 2013 370Z
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
An easier way to take the top off:

LOL! I am a bridge engineer who also does insurance repair estimates for bridges that get hit by trucks just like this. I have seen this bridge more than a few times! It is crazy how often bridges get struck by loads that are too tall or backhoes on trailers with their buckets in the up position. ?‍♂

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

LOL! I am a bridge engineer who also does insurance repair estimates for bridges that get hit by trucks just like this. I have seen this bridge more than a few times! It is crazy how often bridges get struck by loads that are too tall or backhoes on trailers with their buckets in the up position. ?‍♂
Saw a dump truck going down the road with the dump bed in the full up position :oops: How do you NOT see this in your mirrors??

Sponsored

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base

Why not have a bar, like the kind they use to hold traffic lights 100 yards away at the exact same height, so the truck gets damaged and presumably the driver stops, before they get to the bridge?

PhoenixM3

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R, 2018 Fiesta ST, 2018 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

gettk

Big Bend
First Name
TK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C300
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
We don't know yet. Just that mod top is heavier than MIC

You should still be able to remove either fairly easier with the same process as MIC
Has anyone taken a guess at the weight? Trying to figure out if my wife will be an adequate "buddy" to help me slide off the back roof section on the 2 door. Thx.

Sponsored

snoopcat

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70 Ford Mustang, Mazda CX5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Going to get mu 4 door with the MIC top due to winter driving.

Any idea on cost of an aftermarket soft top? Would like to have one for summer driving. Also is the soft top easier to take off? Nice to have available in case weather changes for the worst.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anyone taken a guess at the weight? Trying to figure out if my wife will be an adequate "buddy" to help me slide off the back roof section on the 2 door. Thx.
Paging @BroncoGuy

I think your wife should be fine as your lifting buddy if she’s tall enough. BroncoGuy will know more as he works for the company making the tops

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Going to get mu 4 door with the MIC top due to winter driving.

Any idea on cost of an aftermarket soft top? Would like to have one for summer driving. Also is the soft top easier to take off? Nice to have available in case weather changes for the worst.
Bnation put up a vid of the Ford soft top removal. Not sure if the aftermarket options will be harder or easier
Sponsored