JohnnyK

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Sahara JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not bad, pretty much what I thought it would be, without the roof rack it's the same as a Jeep, super quick and easy. I'll never use a roof rack anyway.

I you are a roof rack person it's a big advantage. Most Jeep racks you need to drill through your hard top to install and it doesn't come off easily so this is pretty slick.

Only bummer I can see is you can't run with the T-tops on as a shade with the clam shell off. There's nothing to secure the back of the panels to. In the Jeep you can bolt the back of the panels to the sound bar.

I don't know what people expected, it's a hardtop on a convertible vehicle, which is essentially a light flimsy shell to keep the weather out.

Last edited:

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You call that complaining? An observation is not a complaint. Don't be so sensitive.
When I complain, you won't have to feel for it. ;)
I thought the video was supposed to be about removing the top, not passing judgement on the people doing it?

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I dont plan to buy a roof rack. At least I won't have to keep track of a dumb triangle bolt driver.

If you are, I would first drive to Home Depot, remove the bolt and find two that fit the pitch and threads with a head that can be removed with normal hand tools
I wonder how people that install wheel locks survive? :unsure:

kbBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2019 Honda Rebel 300
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Is that not the modular top?

Sponsored

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ignore the interior color of the roof, it is a lot darker than what is shown here.
Did Ford change the shade of the MIC for final production or is it still going to be the same as it has been the last couple months on the pre production models we have seen?

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nothing has changed. It's still the same as the more recent photos have shown. Still not making any roofs for production units yet, so there's still time for a change.
Right on, I think it will be fine in the color it is but a darker shade or two won't hurt.

Norville

Black Diamond
First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 BMW 325i, 2012 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

kbBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2019 Honda Rebel 300
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This appears as easy or easier than taking the Jeep top off. If you have a garage, for about $60 in wood and rope, some hooks and a harbor freight crank you can make the below and lift (and door hangers) and then take the top off with 1 person and park under it. My 2013 10th Anniversary Rubicon in the pic.

Second pic also shows the door hangers on the wall to the left.

Ford Bronco Bronco Hard Top How-to Video: Remove Roof Rack, Panels and Hardtop 35A88E9A-2CB6-48A4-BD61-99A44A3947C9

Ford Bronco Bronco Hard Top How-to Video: Remove Roof Rack, Panels and Hardtop 627CAF02-56CA-4ED0-A0EB-1C6CAF2955A2

Petey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So:
  1. I’ve already got a winch for my garage ready for taking this off, which is awesome. Just need to build the rigging system to go with it.
  2. It looks amazingly simple to take off with really not much effort. Probably won’t get a soft top for my 2-door for some time after I own it.
  3. Great video. Bronco nation could do a video like this for every aspect disassembling the Bronco for the next 8-10 months and I would be all :love:

Lagrange 6g

Black Diamond
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 f250 2014 landcruiser 1978 cj5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ok fellers absolutely not a hater. I’m actually buying two and I’ve owned 5, 7 if you count Bronco II’s. Plus 2 IH scouts and 4 Jeeps. And I take the top off the Jeep by my self. I completely apologize if my lack of faith (Completely based on experience) in BN and their production capacity hurt your feelings.
Agreed. The removal is super simple. I had an ih scout 2 a long time ago and I believe there were 6 bolts and a sketchy weather seal to contend with. It was a white top and very heavy. Btw. The body was a version of ih cyber orange. I’ll post pic

ahobie17

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 Toyota 4x4, 79 Chevrolet C10, 07 Honda S2000
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was hoping the sides and back glass would detach seperately!!!! Making it easier to handle and just another option leaving hte back on..
Sponsored