Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So it looks like taking the roof rack off is easy enough, but what if you have the LED light bar? Isn’t that also attached to the roof rack or is it separate? If I want to take off the roof rack to take off the roof, will the light bar easily disconnect/unplug? The video is making me think I shouldn’t get the light bar. But surely having a light bar wouldn’t prevent me from ever taking the roof off, right?
It does appear they are interconnected.
Ford Bronco Bronco Hard Top How-to Video: Remove Roof Rack, Panels and Hardtop 75143E69-41D0-4AE2-BFA8-FF6AFCEB03D5
Ford Bronco Bronco Hard Top How-to Video: Remove Roof Rack, Panels and Hardtop 805DD6BA-7E97-40A1-8462-402158E606F4
Sponsored

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No power tools needed on JK wrangler hard top. Ford will have to offer some kind of wing nuts for the back part.
:/
Just because he used an impact driver to remove the hard top doesn’t mean that he had too. I’m sure a socket wrench will do just fine.

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So it looks like taking the roof rack off is easy enough, but what if you have the LED light bar? Isn’t that also attached to the roof rack or is it separate? If I want to take off the roof rack to take off the roof, will the light bar easily disconnect/unplug? The video is making me think I shouldn’t get the light bar. But surely having a light bar wouldn’t prevent me from ever taking the roof off, right?
I asked the engineer at the Colorado Bronco event. He said that there is a separate bracket that attaches to the mounting points above the windshield and that you do not need the roof rack. If you get the roof rack, they mount directly on to the bracket that ties into that roof rack. (I asked because I do not want the roof rack, but I do want the light bar)

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like the rear mounting points for the roof rack are just slots that a clamp slide into and the “fancy” triangle tool is used to open/close the clamp.

Not going to get a roof rack, but I’m thinking those slots might make a good lifting points for a hoist system in the garage.

t3n2and4

Badlands
First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, F150, VW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You might have missed my point. A lot of people use wheel locks and manage to hang onto the special tool to remove them. But all of a sudden, a special tool to remove the roof bolts is too difficult to deal with.
I have managed to not lose the key in 16 years of having cars with them though. But I also always buy a second copy just in case.

Sponsored

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not going to get a roof rack, but I’m thinking those slots might make a good lifting points for a hoist system in the garage.
I was thinking the same thing about sliding something in that slot to lift it off. Great idea.

Funksurfsoul

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, a handy video... but since I’m going 2door badlands - which comes standard with the hardtop.. I was going to wait for the black modular or black MIC top...
On that note I was also hoping to rock a RTT, so I’m not sure how all that will work for my top options... hard top, roof rack + RTT? Or will it be a RTT directly on the roof?

To make things more complicated, I thought I read their was a option to go with a soft top to start and buy the Black MIC or Black Modular when it’s available..

I’m really trying to stay on top of all of these options, but Fords B&P could have made it a lot easier on us. Yeesh.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wonder if that special triangle tool (needed for removal) comes with the roof rack when you order it?

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Honestly, liked the idea of the roof rack. Mostly for aesthetics. Don't kayak or haul bikes, so pretty sure I can get by with a couple of old Tshirts and rope if I ever need to put something on the roof. I don't see myself removing the entire roof, but the front panels, yep. Maybe the doors, just because I can.

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I wonder if that special triangle tool (needed for removal) comes with the roof rack when you order it?
1- I am sure it does.
2-I am sure the local Ford parts counter will charge $29 if you need a replacement.

Sponsored

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford Bronco Bronco Hard Top How-to Video: Remove Roof Rack, Panels and Hardtop Screenshot_20201128-004206_Samsung capture
Ford Bronco Bronco Hard Top How-to Video: Remove Roof Rack, Panels and Hardtop Screenshot_20201128-004206_Samsung capture
so i bend something out of stainless that fits in those slots in the frnt windshield frame that takes care of the front and the top pieces can still come off easy.
For the rear i need either something that fits in those two slots (hopefully it like a rain gutter) or just bolt thru the top, thats how my racks are now on my tundra i just drilled thru the fibreglass shell and its worked great.
Ford Bronco Bronco Hard Top How-to Video: Remove Roof Rack, Panels and Hardtop 20190810_114644

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love this! Not sure if my garage is tall enough for a puppy system for the back section of the top. But I’ll see what I can rig up

Anthraces

Badlands
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Japanese car/SUV unfortunately
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Cool! Thanks for posting this. I’m looking forward to watching this about five times in a row. Then it will be time for some home made turkey & wild rice soup. Shortly followed by an episode of the mandalorian & a tall beer!

PEACE!
Wild rice soup? You must be from MN...we just had that tonight

kermitfrog

First Name
gareth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
drive
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That may make it a bit more difficult to steal the top.
Yes definitely requireing a special tool to removes to make it harder to steal and it should mean no one will try and steal it as without the special tool you will probably cause damage to it.
Sponsored