Bronco has less ground clearance than a Jeep Renegade

Covfefe

Base
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
1595583815317.png

So with 32" tires, we'll have 9.4" of ground clearance, and with 33's only 9.9"!
Even with 35's it only goes up to 10.8 inches on the 4 door, because the high clearance suspension on the Sasquatch adds an inch of lift

1595583841062.png

and the Outlander Sport
1595583874208.png

and the Subaru Crosstrek
1595583913065.png

even a freaking Rav4 has more ground clearance than the 4 door!
1595584050696.png

Advertisement

Last edited by a moderator:

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Tacoma, 2016 Camaro, 2018 Indian
Clubs

I wonder about those numbers. Base to squatch is a gain of 3.2 inches. That's basically going from a 30 inch tire to a 36.4 inch tire. The tire listed for the base per manufacturer specs is 30.5 inches. The squatch tire is around 34.5 inches. That would only give 2 inches more clearance. What am I missing? What does the quatch package change other than tire size to gain that extra clearance?

OP

Covfefe

Base
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
I wonder about those numbers. Base to squatch is a gain of 3.2 inches. That's basically going from a 30 inch tire to a 36.4 inch tire. The tire listed for the base per manufacturer specs is 30.5 inches. The squatch tire is around 34.5 inches. That would only give 2 inches more clearance. What am I missing? What does the quatch package change other than tire size to gain that extra clearance?

Because the high clearance suspension on the Sasquatch adds an inch of lift

MVP

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
I've wondered if it is the squatch suspension that actually ENABLES 35" tires. So for example, could you replace 32s with 35s on a non-squatch?
My guess would be that the stock suspension can fit up to 32s. The badlands suspension looks to be the same suspension as the Sasquatch and it is needed to fit 33-35’s.

broncoenthusiast

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Bronco xlt
I'm sure every automaker measures differently...and with full IFS/IRS you can mess with angles like you can't on solid axles

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Clubs

In comparison, my Rubicon comes with a extra 1 inch of lift from the factory compared to the other models. Standard tire 33 but can jump up to 35s without any suspension modification. I imagine Ford Badlands and above models have the extra 1 inch lift over lower models.

jbe89

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
My guess would be that the stock suspension can fit up to 32s. The badlands suspension looks to be the same suspension as the Sasquatch and it is needed to fit 33-35’s.
I’m not sure that is the case. The Sasquatch package adds a 1.2” front and 1” rear lift. The badlands pacakage has a “unique” suspension. My guess is up to a 33” will fit fine with full articulation on any model, but a lift or Sasquatch will be required to go any bigger. If it is a mall crawler 35’s will probably fit fine.

Southern Girl

Wildtrak
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2013 F-150 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
The BASE Bronco should at the very least have more ground clearance than all these baby dick peasants!

This just pretty much makes the Sasquatch package a must have if you want to look like you have the big dick they advertise on TV
is this actually Rusty Shackleford?

This seems a little hysterical to me. F150 4x4 has a little more clearance than the base too. We should do a whole thread about that.

Also, you realize that people don't actually buy 4x4s as a substitute for manhood, right? Not everyone on this forum is a man, anyway.

The clearance means something to me based on my living situation which is back in the woods over hill and dale, sugar sand and very often very deep water during rainy season. We regularly see bumpers left on the road out here by unsuspecting visitors. :LOL: #sasquatch

FellowM3

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mk3 Focus RS, 2020 BMW M340
is this actually Rusty Shackleford?

This seems a little hysterical to me. F150 4x4 has a little more clearance than the base too. We should do a whole thread about that.

Also, you realize that people don't actually buy 4x4s as a substitute for manhood, right? Not everyone on this forum is a man, anyway.

The clearance means something to me based on my living situation which is back in the woods over hill and dale, sugar sand and very often very deep water during rainy season. We regularly see bumpers left on the road out here by unsuspecting visitors. :LOL: #sasquatch
LMAO! So happy someone saved that post.
#postofthemonth!

Advertisement

Advertisement