Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford Bronco Bronco has less ground clearance than a Jeep Renegade 1595583815317

So with 32" tires, we'll have 9.4" of ground clearance, and with 33's only 9.9"!
Even with 35's it only goes up to 10.8 inches on the 4 door, because the high clearance suspension on the Sasquatch adds an inch of lift

Ford Bronco Bronco has less ground clearance than a Jeep Renegade 1595583841062

and the Outlander Sport
Ford Bronco Bronco has less ground clearance than a Jeep Renegade 1595583874208

and the Subaru Crosstrek
Ford Bronco Bronco has less ground clearance than a Jeep Renegade 1595583913065

even a freaking Rav4 has more ground clearance than the 4 door!
Ford Bronco Bronco has less ground clearance than a Jeep Renegade 1595584050696
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wonder about those numbers. Base to squatch is a gain of 3.2 inches. That's basically going from a 30 inch tire to a 36.4 inch tire. The tire listed for the base per manufacturer specs is 30.5 inches. The squatch tire is around 34.5 inches. That would only give 2 inches more clearance. What am I missing? What does the quatch package change other than tire size to gain that extra clearance?

OP
OP

Covfefe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
Your Bronco Model
Base
I wonder about those numbers. Base to squatch is a gain of 3.2 inches. That's basically going from a 30 inch tire to a 36.4 inch tire. The tire listed for the base per manufacturer specs is 30.5 inches. The squatch tire is around 34.5 inches. That would only give 2 inches more clearance. What am I missing? What does the quatch package change other than tire size to gain that extra clearance?

Because the high clearance suspension on the Sasquatch adds an inch of lift

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Lifts typically don't add ground clearance. They allow you to have taller tires, which give you greater clearance.

You can lift your truck and not change the tires, all you do is change the height of the truck, not the clearance.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
the high clearance suspension on the Sasquatch adds an inch of lift
I've wondered if it is the squatch suspension that actually ENABLES 35" tires. So for example, could you replace 32s with 35s on a non-squatch?

MVP

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've wondered if it is the squatch suspension that actually ENABLES 35" tires. So for example, could you replace 32s with 35s on a non-squatch?
My guess would be that the stock suspension can fit up to 32s. The badlands suspension looks to be the same suspension as the Sasquatch and it is needed to fit 33-35’s.

broncoenthusiast

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Bronco xlt
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm sure every automaker measures differently...and with full IFS/IRS you can mess with angles like you can't on solid axles

Sponsored

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

In comparison, my Rubicon comes with a extra 1 inch of lift from the factory compared to the other models. Standard tire 33 but can jump up to 35s without any suspension modification. I imagine Ford Badlands and above models have the extra 1 inch lift over lower models.

jbe89

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My guess would be that the stock suspension can fit up to 32s. The badlands suspension looks to be the same suspension as the Sasquatch and it is needed to fit 33-35’s.
I’m not sure that is the case. The Sasquatch package adds a 1.2” front and 1” rear lift. The badlands pacakage has a “unique” suspension. My guess is up to a 33” will fit fine with full articulation on any model, but a lift or Sasquatch will be required to go any bigger. If it is a mall crawler 35’s will probably fit fine.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The BASE Bronco should at the very least have more ground clearance than all these baby dick peasants!

This just pretty much makes the Sasquatch package a must have if you want to look like you have the big dick they advertise on TV
is this actually Rusty Shackleford?

This seems a little hysterical to me. F150 4x4 has a little more clearance than the base too. We should do a whole thread about that.

Also, you realize that people don't actually buy 4x4s as a substitute for manhood, right? Not everyone on this forum is a man, anyway.

The clearance means something to me based on my living situation which is back in the woods over hill and dale, sugar sand and very often very deep water during rainy season. We regularly see bumpers left on the road out here by unsuspecting visitors. :LOL: #sasquatch

FellowM3

Raptor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 22' Braptor, 2020 BMW M340
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

is this actually Rusty Shackleford?

This seems a little hysterical to me. F150 4x4 has a little more clearance than the base too. We should do a whole thread about that.

Also, you realize that people don't actually buy 4x4s as a substitute for manhood, right? Not everyone on this forum is a man, anyway.

The clearance means something to me based on my living situation which is back in the woods over hill and dale, sugar sand and very often very deep water during rainy season. We regularly see bumpers left on the road out here by unsuspecting visitors. :LOL: #sasquatch
LMAO! So happy someone saved that post.
#postofthemonth!
Sponsored